Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NHS Leasers, are you guys aware of how the linking to Tesla account will work on delivery? I've never given my tesla account to the leasers nor have they ever asked for it

I ordered a slightly different way. I put down a deposit on an inventory car and got an RN number. I ordered the same spec of car through the intermediary (Knowles in my case) and gave them my RN number. Arnold Clark are the leasing company and there was a different RN from their order but I contacted Tesla and they sorted it all out and transferred my RN to the leasing one so essentially the car was reserved pretty quickly (I got it in three weeks after the paperwork went through my directorate!). All involved already had the details of my Tesla account from my order.

I think if you just give your fleet company your email address that you use to log in to your Tesla account then they will forward it on and you will just be magically added to the app when you take delivery. Mine started working after about 20 minutes. A colleague picked his up a week later and his app activated while he was still looking round the car.

• Informative
Reactions: ElRey
My car is due to be delivered on the 23rd and lease is organised through zen.auto. Does anyone know how many days before the initial deposit was taken I seem to remember them saying 5 days before but also think they said it was like the day before.

My car is due to be delivered on the 23rd and lease is organised through zen.auto. Does anyone know how many days before the initial deposit was taken I seem to remember them saying 5 days before but also think they said it was like the day before.

well I’ve had mine a week and got a random call asking for the initial payment. No invoice, no formal docs just a bank account number on an email following.

all a bit bodge job tbh.

Hi all, I am looking at a M3 for my next car. I run my own business and will be looking at putting this car through the company.

I had a couple of questions, as I am new to the forum, so please indulge me for a minute......

I have been looking for PCH quotes on a standard plus and the best I have come up with is as follows:

6+35
8k per annum
£452.27 pcm
£198 arrangement fee

This is via Gateway2Lease.

This states that this is a 2019 Model - I am assuming then there is a 2020 model?

How does this deal compare to those of you that have similar?

Also any ideas on rough lead times?

My current vehicle goes back Dec 1st, so I am assuming I should be ordering pretty soon!

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Dave

Hi all, I am looking at a M3 for my next car. I run my own business and will be looking at putting this car through the company.

I had a couple of questions, as I am new to the forum, so please indulge me for a minute......

I have been looking for PCH quotes on a standard plus and the best I have come up with is as follows:

6+35
8k per annum
£452.27 pcm
£198 arrangement fee

This is via Gateway2Lease.

This states that this is a 2019 Model - I am assuming then there is a 2020 model?

How does this deal compare to those of you that have similar?

Also any ideas on rough lead times?

My current vehicle goes back Dec 1st, so I am assuming I should be ordering pretty soon!

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Dave

Tesla don’t really have Model years. Incremental change via an adhoc, uncontrolled process seems more accurate :) So if you ‘order’ a car it will be the newest available.

£425+VAT on a 9 + 23 for a LR via carlease Uk for me.

Although I started the application on the 13th August and I still haven’t had confirmation either way if my LTD had been accepted! Just a massive backlog apparently. It took just shy of three weeks for them to look at the application. I sent my annual accounts to them over 10 days ago and still nothing. I thought about pulling out, but I have no idea if any other provider is any better. I’m not sure which 3rd party finance provider/s are used for business contract hire, so there’s no guarantee it will save any time by going elsewhere.

I have a personal lease until May, but I’ll use the insurance rebate to pay for most of the early termination charges. I wanted to get a car through my LTD before the, potential, IR35 bloodbath commences in April.

Lead times seem to vary massively from what I’ve researched. If your spec is matched to inventory, and a ship is landing, it could be a week, if not it could be up to 10/12 weeks as far as I can tell.

I lurked this thread pretty obsessively during my order process. I posted more about it in the Model 3 Orders and Deliveries, but I thought I'd go into more detail about my leasing timeline here.
  • August 19th: Order placed with Zen Auto.
  • August ??th: Rang Zen about after a week and asked for an RN. Got the standard "Tesla take a few weeks to send us it" response.
  • August 28th: Order placed with Tesla. I made sure to sign up to Zen using an email address that didn't already exist as a Tesla account so I'd receive the "reset your password" email from Tesla.
  • Sep 1st: Rang Zen to ask for my RN. "Tesla haven't given it to us yet. You'll be sent an email automatically when they do"
  • Sep 1st: Rang Tesla to try and get my RN, as others in this thread apparently had success doing this. Neither the sales nor delivery department were able to help me.
  • Sep 3rd: Text from Tesla informing me that the car will be delivered by Carrier on Sep 11th
  • Sep 11th: Car delivered in the evening by carrier delivery.
I never did get my RN from Zen :rolleyes:

Tesla don’t really have Model years. Incremental change via an adhoc, uncontrolled process seems more accurate :) So if you ‘order’ a car it will be the newest available.

£425+VAT on a 9 + 23 for a LR via carlease Uk for me.

Although I started the application on the 13th August and I still haven’t had confirmation either way if my LTD had been accepted! Just a massive backlog apparently. It took just shy of three weeks for them to look at the application. I sent my annual accounts to them over 10 days ago and still nothing. I thought about pulling out, but I have no idea if any other provider is any better. I’m not sure which 3rd party finance provider/s are used for business contract hire, so there’s no guarantee it will save any time by going elsewhere.

I have a personal lease until May, but I’ll use the insurance rebate to pay for most of the early termination charges. I wanted to get a car through my LTD before the, potential, IR35 bloodbath commences in April.

Lead times seem to vary massively from what I’ve researched. If your spec is matched to inventory, and a ship is landing, it could be a week, if not it could be up to 10/12 weeks as far as I can tell.

Thanks for that, I have only just completed my first year of trading also, which may be a potential barrier.

My accounts are available though so I can provide these and management accounts if necessary to assist.

Seems like I should probably get a wriggle on and get something ordered.

What are you doing about charging? I assume lead times on installs for Home chargers is shorter than the car waiting list?

Thanks for that, I have only just completed my first year of trading also, which may be a potential barrier.

My accounts are available though so I can provide these and management accounts if necessary to assist.

Seems like I should probably get a wriggle on and get something ordered.

What are you doing about charging? I assume lead times on installs for Home chargers is shorter than the car waiting list?

As soon as I know if I’ve been accepted (shouldn’t be any reason why not, but these are strange times) I’ll get the home charger installed. I’ve just finished three years of trading and they still wanted my accounts. I don’t believe it’s insurmountable with a years trading, but you may have to provide more evidence, business bank statements etc (although strangely they never asked for mine). It might just be the broker I went with that’s taking the time, they’re honouring the quoted price though at least, even though it’s over four and half weeks since they initially provided it.

Not done a huge amount of investigation on this as yet, so I’m not entirely sure which option to go for. I don’t live in a Jacobean Grade 2 listed mansion so I’ll probably forgo the Anderson option...even though the looo nice ;)

I have an outdoor 3 pin socket exactly where I’ll want the home charger installing, and I’m exclusively working from home at the moment. I believe you get 7-10 miles per hour charge via a 3 pin, so that should suffice if there is a significant delay on a home charger install, which I don’t think there is at the moment. Good luck :)

As soon as I know if I’ve been accepted (shouldn’t be any reason why not, but these are strange times) I’ll get the home charger installed. I’ve just finished three years of trading and they still wanted my accounts. I don’t believe it’s insurmountable with a years trading, but you may have to provide more evidence, business bank statements etc (although strangely they never asked for mine). It might just be the broker I went with that’s taking the time, they’re honouring the quoted price though at least, even though it’s over four and half weeks since they initially provided it.

Not done a huge amount of investigation on this as yet, so I’m not entirely sure which option to go for. I don’t live in a Jacobean Grade 2 listed mansion so I’ll probably forgo the Anderson option...even though the looo nice ;)

I have an outdoor 3 pin socket exactly where I’ll want the home charger installing, and I’m exclusively working from home at the moment. I believe you get 7-10 miles per hour charge via a 3 pin, so that should suffice if there is a significant delay on a home charger install, which I don’t think there is at the moment. Good luck :)

Thanks for that, yeah bank statements etc are no problem, and I will make contact with a broker today.

I am quite happy with my price, which includes VAT (thats if they honour the price that I have seen).

I think I may go with the rolec - I work from home also, and dont do much mileage - also have an external 3 pjn that I could use.

The Anderson does look lovely - It is tempting I must say....

I'll let you know how I get on!

Thanks for that, yeah bank statements etc are no problem, and I will make contact with a broker today.

I am quite happy with my price, which includes VAT (thats if they honour the price that I have seen).

I think I may go with the rolec - I work from home also, and dont do much mileage - also have an external 3 pjn that I could use.

The Anderson does look lovely - It is tempting I must say....

I'll let you know how I get on!

I originally declared I didn’t even want a Tesla...so I’m easily turned...just going off to look at Anderson chargers now :D

Usually home chargers are installed before the cars do, that is unless there's electricity supply problems which can make delays last longer, i've had my podpoint device at the installers since 2 weeks after the order of the 2nd June, but due to a looped electric supply and delays of discussion between northern powergrid and the installer (me as the homeowner was not allowed to approve work to my house, only the pod point installer could - go figure!!) So my car will arrive 23 Sept and I won't have work completed on the supply until 21 October, for me to wait until British gas can come and fit a fuse THEN pod point can be installed, at least i'll be able to test it works properly!

Frustratingly, I just called the broker to get the ball rolling and they told me that none of the finance companies will consider business contract hire with less than 2 years trading..... VERY annoying.....

Usually home chargers are installed before the cars
I didn't want to do that for various reasons...

1. The lead time from Tesla was 'fluid' so I wasn't sure when the car would arrive.
2. I wanted to be able to check on the day of installation that the charger actually worked with my car.
3. I didn't want to waste part of the charger warranty period without a car.
4. At 8-9 miles added range per hour using the Tesla 3 pin UMC I reasoned that I could easily add around 100 miles per night (if needed) before the charger installation. In the event we had so much excess solar during the Spring lockdown that I was able to charge as much as I wanted & whenever I wanted.

(a Zappi 2 was ordered & installed within a couple of weeks of the car arriving so I'm glad I waited).