Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Newbie to the forum. I'm considering a TM3 as my next company car but for at least the next year (renting, but planning to buy in the future), I won't have access to a home charger. I live in the city and in an apartment.

I've found plenty of resources when searching on google about people who have went down this route, i.e.
Can You Own A Tesla Without A Home Charger? 5 Tips To Make It Work
Living with the Tesla Model 3 - without a home charger - Intelligent Car Leasing

And while the above is useful - I would like to know if there is many other Model 3 owners/drivers who don't charge at home? Do you worry or ever run into trouble without a charger?

I'll be making my decision this week so would really appreciate some feedback. I'd rather go fully EV, but I do have hybrid options.

Thank you!

Hi All,

Newbie to the forum. I'm considering a TM3 as my next company car but for at least the next year (renting, but planning to buy in the future), I won't have access to a home charger. I live in the city and in an apartment.

I've found plenty of resources when searching on google about people who have went down this route, i.e.
Can You Own A Tesla Without A Home Charger? 5 Tips To Make It Work
Living with the Tesla Model 3 - without a home charger - Intelligent Car Leasing

And while the above is useful - I would like to know if there is many other Model 3 owners/drivers who don't charge at home? Do you worry or ever run into trouble without a charger?

I'll be making my decision this week so would really appreciate some feedback. I'd rather go fully EV, but I do have hybrid options.

Thank you!

Not a Tesla, but my brother has put 18,000Km on a Kona in the last 12 months. He has no home charger.
Total leccy cost was less than €10. Living in Bonn helps as there's loads of free-to-use chargers there.

Ah - they told me today that it had been ordered on the 14th. I'll pester them on Monday for an RN then. I will also pray for the correct mixture of the aforementioned items.

Oh - I also got the reset password thing from Tesla on the 14th for a new account on my work email address - so looking back at posts that would suggest it was ordered?

Tusker apparently don't have an RN and according to them you only get an RN once matched to a car. So looks like I'll be without a car from the end of this week until someone at Tusker pulls a finger out.

Yeah - everything suggests that there should be an RN. I spoke to a dude at Tesla in the ordering / delivery department and he said that if I got an email from them, then there is an order. The best guess he had was that they are just sitting on it until a cooling off period has elapsed.

The lady at Tusker said that you only get an RN when matched, would not entertain the notion of anything else - and this was "speaking from experience" apparently :|

Every person I've spoken to at Tusker knows very little about their own product and they also sound like they really don't want to be doing the job.

I think the cooling off period may well be the issue here. You have the right to cancel the agreement without penalty for 14 days. You cannot waive it. I would be straight on the phone to Tusker as soon as the 14 days were up.
I have just seen another broker site that says its a 15 day cooling off period. I'm pretty sure the law is 14.

Last edited:
I think the cooling off period may well be the issue here. You have the right to cancel the agreement without penalty for 14 days. You cannot waive it. I would be straight on the phone to Tusker as soon as the 14 days were up.
I have just seen another broker site that says its a 15 day cooling off period. I'm pretty sure the law is 14.

It's an interesting one, as Tusker have stated in writing that there is no cancellation penalty up until delivery day of the car...

Hi All,

I had placed an order through Lex Autolease which was all approved on the 14th September. I have had a RN number for 3 weeks and phoned for an update today from Tesla. I was advised that the lease company have put the order on hold and not to be matched with a car until the 2nd December!

Trying to find out more from the lease company but not very happy about it as had hoped i would be getting one of the cars that will be leaving on the boat tonight.

Is this likely due to the lease company waiting for a minimum number of orders that I have seen mentioned? Do i have any other options to get matched quicker?

Hi All,

I had placed an order through Lex Autolease which was all approved on the 14th September. I have had a RN number for 3 weeks and phoned for an update today from Tesla. I was advised that the lease company have put the order on hold and not to be matched with a car until the 2nd December!

Trying to find out more from the lease company but not very happy about it as had hoped i would be getting one of the cars that will be leaving on the boat tonight.

Is this likely due to the lease company waiting for a minimum number of orders that I have seen mentioned? Do i have any other options to get matched quicker?

Interesting. I’m with Lex (business lease) too, via a broker, with an approved application on the 25th September. 12th October there was no RN provided, 19th October, after prompting, RN provided. Contacted Tesla who didn’t really give me much of an update, basically some time in November and I won’t have access to an account until delivery. Will try and ask Tesla again what’s going on.

Right - so just got an RN from Tusker - apparently they haven't done anything about the license check that was ent over to them this past weekend, and this is apparently the last thing they need to do.

I do get the impression that when thats done, that it wont simply be a case of getting matched to a car though!

Always best to check with Tesla that their system doesn’t show the lease company having put any sort of matching restriction against your RN.

The 2 parties’ views sometimes do not line up and Tesla won’t do anything different to what their computer says, so if it says “lease company hold off from matching” then they won;t fix this without the lease company contacting them, which you may have to instigate / chase up.

Always best to check with Tesla that their system doesn’t show the lease company having put any sort of matching restriction against your RN.

The 2 parties’ views sometimes do not line up and Tesla won’t do anything different to what their computer says, so if it says “lease company hold off from matching” then they won;t fix this without the lease company contacting them, which you may have to instigate / chase up.

Spoke to the leasing company who advised that they had given the date to Tesla that they wanted the car delivered as this was 12 weeks from my order and Tesla have taken this as the date to match me for my vehicle. This has now been updated to as soon as possible but suspect I will already have lost a few weeks from when I first ordered.

I have a new leased M3. I have no access to the car through online Tesla account as it is leased. How do i renew premium connectivity when I want to?

Any advice.

Does anyone else lease & have access to vehicle through Tesla online?

Thanks

K
I’ve the same problem. My 30 days free is up in a few weeks. Tesla told me the lease company has to do the subscription as they are the owner, but they have no interest in it. Seems mad that Tesla aren’t set up to take our money. Interested to hear if you find a solution.

I am trying to get a Model 3 ordered and whilst I signed the "forms" with the Lease Company, they are now telling me that the Underwriter is going to take another 2 weeks to process the credit application, and so I can either go with another option (not sure how much quicker that would be), but at a higher monthly rental which when applied to the 6 month up front and 35 rentals thereafter is going to add circa £1500 more to the cost of the car over 3 year...

Yes I get it, its £42 more per month...but their is no specific guarantee about timing on this other option other than they dont have a 2 week backlog? Also when you factor in the next shipment is expected in mid to late November, is it going to make a difference (no idea just how close the overall levels of orders are to the volumes being shipped)?

Anyone have any thoughts on this....should I just wait the 2 weeks (probably have it done by the first week of Nov) and spin the dial...or look elsewhere....

I am ordering a Long Range with Tow Hitch (that is a must) but not sure how common that is as an ordered option and whether I would get matched to a vehicle on this next shipment anyway....

Advice and or suggestions welcomed!

Sounds like they are playing you / preying on the high demand for the car.

There were plenty of tow hitch inventory vehicles last quarter once the first few ships started arriving. You could call their bluff and wait / just do Tesla lease direct if one pops up.

Reckon you would have a 70+% chance of a choice of colour with black interior and tow with 18” wheels on the LR, but that is based on last quarter and not taking into account new build spec / factory behaviours that we don’t get any insight into.

1500 over 3 years gets you all the accessories you will need, plus a lot of EV charging sessions. Beware getting sucked into the higher price due to feeling “must have” - unless the extra ££ is not an issue for you !

if anyone wants to use my referral when they place there order i can send over bunch of New Model 3 goodies

Tesla cap
door protectors (all doors lower)
center console matt black wrap (pre-cut)
Drinks holder moulded for centre console
Phone holder attaches behind centre screen

Thanks

I have a new leased M3. I have no access to the car through online Tesla account as it is leased. How do i renew premium connectivity when I want to?

Any advice.

Does anyone else lease & have access to vehicle through Tesla online?

Thanks

K

I'm keen to hear the answer to this one too.

I have a LR on order via a Lease - I have a Tesla Account and there is an option to add a payment method but I don't know how the Account will change once I've actually received the car. Fortunately, there's a year free but I don't hold out much hope of the likes of Lex sorting this out for me if it is required.

I’ve the same problem. My 30 days free is up in a few weeks. Tesla told me the lease company has to do the subscription as they are the owner, but they have no interest in it. Seems mad that Tesla aren’t set up to take our money. Interested to hear if you find a solution.

I would also be interested to hear... There must be someone who leases who has got round the problem somehow.