Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A question for those in the know.

My wife's new M3LR company car has recently been ordered through a leasing company (Car Leasing People) and they have assured her that they used a friends referral code yet he hasn't got anything in his referral history.

Any ideas?
If your friend has access to their loot box on the Tesla app it should be listed there once the order has been made, prior to delivery.

For leases it won't show the persons name, just the date of the order and the status e.g. 'Ordered' until delivery is accepted then it will turn to 'Delivered'.

The miles won't be added to your friends account until delivery is accepted.

I don’t think you can see any indication of it until you take delivery of the car. Probably best to call Tesla with your RN and ask them if a referral was used.
I second that - the local sales rep could tell as soon as the order appeared on her system that the lease company *hadn't* used the referral code I gave to the fleet company to pass on. This was around the same time we had the text with the RN order number (and some weeks before a car was assigned, etc.).

For those that leased and have their partner as a driver have they got their own account for the Tesla app or do they just use your login?
I use my partner's login as the lease (salary sacrifice) is in her name. It doesn't make any difference to us as e.g. it's still pretty easy to work out what miles she's done in a work context, and we have separate profiles for driving the car (however clumsily they've been implemented).

Hi - I'm pretty new on here and looking for some advice :) I've ordered a M3P FSD and have an RN number and i have found out its coming through VW Group (NHS Fleet Solution lease). The issue is that VW put a preferred delivery date of 15/10/21. I rang Tesla who said my order was paused and will be live again 16/10/21 due to the preferred delivery date entered. Anyhow they have now took the hold off and the order is live again so awaiting allocation to a vin. Bad news he said there is nothing in October and it will more than likely be November delivery now. I signed the lease with Fleet in May/June. So now i await a vehicle allocation and the process begins again - does anyone know how long i'm likely to wait for a allocation/vin? and what the timescales could be for each stage after that?

Hi guys. I am looking to put an order in for a lease, via Vanarama as long as their deal isn't too good to be true.

One question that I have is whether there are any downsides to leasing against buying on a PCP, specific to Tesla? For example I was wondering if you still have access to all of the functions via the app and can use things like the Spotify account and extend your subscription for Premium connectivity etc?

I also understand that it can be a but hit and miss getting your referral link used?

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I have recently placed an order for a M3 LR through knowles fleet under NHS salary sacrifice scheme.

I was just wondering of anyone had any experience with this and how long the wait was between order being placed with lease company and then order going live with Tesla and receiving RN?

Thanks

Hi guys. I am looking to put an order in for a lease, via Vanarama as long as their deal isn't too good to be true.

One question that I have is whether there are any downsides to leasing against buying on a PCP, specific to Tesla? For example I was wondering if you still have access to all of the functions via the app and can use things like the Spotify account and extend your subscription for Premium connectivity etc?

I also understand that it can be a but hit and miss getting your referral link used?

Thanks in advance.

Hi mate, what's the deal you've seen on Vanarama?

I am doing a personal lease on mine too. I decided against PCP as the chances are I wasn't planning on buying the car after 3/4 years and was most likely going to swap it over. I also find in a PCP there is the risk of being in negative equity should you wish to sell your car through the term. It's personal preference really.
You'll still have access to everything, and premium connectivity is free for the duration of the lease as Tesla haven't worked out how to charge the driver and not the lease company for this yet.

Referral links will work, as long as you chase up your SA and lease company about it.