Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 light show

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 10 year old son is a massive Tesla fan and was instrumental in us buying the car. He keeps saying he's so happy we got our Model 3, has a Tesla shirt he wears every day (and sleeps in- it gets a lot of washing!), and has taught me stuff about the car.

He got this idea having seen a Model X Easter egg video.

He did this all himself, directed me in what to do in a supporting role.

Sharing here as he's super excited by it!

Check out this feature on the Model X You click on the T at the top of the screen which opens a window. You slide down from the top which opens the icons. Click on the Christmas ball icon and follow the directions. Make sure your windows and doors are all closed and you are at least 15 feet from any object. step away from the vehicle and click on the lock button on your key fob. It's really cool the doors and windows open and close to the music

Reactions: dhrivnak
Someone who's got the social media skills please tweet this to Elon, Ben sullins, like Tesla, McCaffrey, etc in hopes of getting this 10 year old his appropriate recognition including the most important chance of getting Elon to consider offering model 3/S owners the opportunity to Easter egg his work in time for the upcoming holiday season! I think that would be epic and I would certainly use it!

I’m thinking it’d be really cool if he could do it next to an X if he gets a chance, ten on auto and him manual, a Tesla line dance.
That would be awesome. Kind of like human v robot.
I didn’t realize it was done manually and thought it was the Easter Egg. I was kind of freaking out that the car was in the garage and the the falcon wings were going to open and hit something!
LoL, I'll let him know. Unfortunately no falcon wings on the 3
That is one awesome son you have there, Eustachio. And his Dad ain't too bad, either, considering he bought him a Model 3. ;)

Ha, well I felt he deserved a Model 3 ;). A P3- :D.

Reactions: Phlier
My 10 year old son is a massive Tesla fan and was instrumental in us buying the car. He keeps saying he's so happy we got our Model 3, has a Tesla shirt he wears every day (and sleeps in- it gets a lot of washing!), and has taught me stuff about the car.

He got this idea having seen a Model X Easter egg video.

He did this all himself, directed me in what to do in a supporting role.

Sharing here as he's super excited by it!

I have no children, and bought the car in 2016. Elon has done what Apple did, hook a whole new generation on a technological marvel.I knew he had done it when none of the older peeps at my golf course said much about my new car, but come father's day a very excited 12 year old came dragging his father over asking if he could see the car. Of course I gave him all the time and information he wanted. Buy the stock....

Hooray for your son. The future is in great hands.

Reactions: eustachio
Amazingly well done and exceptional job by your son, with you helping. Like others mentioned above, someone has to tweet this to Elon so he can see the incredible skills a 10-year old has, as well as the positive impact Elon has made on this younger generation. I see a future employee at Tesla! Similar to others, I get amazing jaw-drops from very young kids when they see my car. They know what a Tesla is and in these young kids' eyes, it how us Gen X'ers would have reacted if we saw a Countach back in the 80's.

--Cintoman

Elon has done what Apple did, hook a whole new generation on a technological marvel.

I get amazing jaw-drops from very young kids when they see my car.

I was in a SC yesterday, as I was waiting to buy birthday presents for my son, discussing this with an advisor. He says so many parents have the car sold to them by their kids.

The Tesla experience is so game changing- anyone who has ridden in our Model 3 wants to get one.

Reactions: beths11