Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you put your car "on hold"? Did you call your SA or can it be done via the Tesla App? Before putting your car on hold, were you informed by Tesla that your car was actually ready for delivery? Thank you. I am interested in doing the same thing as I do believe some sort of EV tax benefit will eventually become law & be effective in January, 2022. Thank you!
I was not informed that my car was ready and I had no VIN assigned yet. However, I had put in the registrant info and payment info after my order on 10/23. The next step was to put in the insurance info but since I had no VIN assigned yet I could not proceed with that. Last Friday, I had an online chat with Tesla telling them that I want to take delivery in 2022 because of the EV tax credit and hence put a hold on the delivery. They got the best contact information from me but nobody called. Then this morning, I checked my status and it was put on hold until 12/31 and I got the SMS text message that I will take delivery in 2022. My original EDD window was 11/23-12/21. Hope that helps.

I was not informed that my car was ready and I had no VIN assigned yet. However, I had put in the registrant info and payment info after my order on 10/23. The next step was to put in the insurance info but since I had no VIN assigned yet I could not proceed with that. Last Friday, I had an online chat with Tesla telling them that I want to take delivery in 2022 because of the EV tax credit and hence put a hold on the delivery. They got the best contact information from me but nobody called. Then this morning, I checked my status and it was put on hold until 12/31 and I got the SMS text message that I will take delivery in 2022. My original EDD window was 11/23-12/21. Hope that helps.
Thank you very much for that information! Did you just go to the Tesla website to initiate that online chat?

The situation is as this: I told Tesla via online chat that I want to take delivery in 2022 because of the EV tax credit. When I check my status online, I do see:

View attachment 728239

However, the SMS message that I received from Tesla states:

View attachment 728240
I assume the hold is until December 31, 11:59:59PM and that I will be in the queue again for January and later deliveries.
Thank you very much. Hopefully I will be doing the same steps soon if we can just get that bill passed!

Just ordered a LR white/black/aero 10 minutes ago, estimated delivery December. Is it possible I would receive a model year 2022 vehicle?

I was considering waiting until 2022 for the possible tax credit, but figured there would be a long queue and possibly a price increase.

Just ordered a LR white/black/aero 10 minutes ago, estimated delivery December. Is it possible I would receive a model year 2022 vehicle?

I was considering waiting until 2022 for the possible tax credit, but figured there would be a long queue and possibly a price increase.
I’m not sure there is an exact answer but from what I’ve read/seen the general consensus is cars built in any year are numbered as that year (2022 models are those built starting a a Jewry 1st).

FWIW I got my 2020 SR+ 12/19 and i think that was the first time they model years ahead of the current year. No idea what happened last year.