Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone has experience with this before I call Tesla later today and maybe get different answers depending on who I reach. I have a SR+ on order since July. EDD has been all over the place, currently now looking at March '22. I'm considering switching to a LR and hoping to take delivery by Dec 31. Does Tesla apply my $100 order from my SR+ to the LR or do I have to pay a separate $250 order fee? I'm considering keeping my SR+ on order in case it magically jumps up and can be delivered this year, but my inner miser abhors the idea of pissing away either order fee if they can't be cross-applied to whichever car I end up getting.

And then probably the question not even Elon can answer, what is the likelihood this car (red, aeros, no FSD, black int) would be delivered by the end of this year?

M3LR, MSM/White, 18" ordered on 9/6.

EDD on 9/07: November 22 - December 22
Update on 9/10: October 31 - November 30
Update on 9/28: November 21 - December 21
Update on 10/30: December 17 - December 31
Where are you taking delivery? I ask because my EDD is not as far from my OD as yours:

M3LR, White/White, 19" ordered on 10/10.

EDD on 10/10 (unchanged): November 18 - December 16

Anyone in the Central time zone (Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, etc.) seen a change in their EDD? I ordered 9/24 and EDD has been the same since (Nov. 2- Dec. 2). I am sure I just jinxed it and it will get pushed back now.....

Not in Central but somewhat close.
Pickup location is Indianapolis IN. Ordered on 10/01 and have been stuck on EDD Nov 2 - Nov 30.
Waiting for it to change any day now.

Reactions: ElectricSOB
Anyone in the Central time zone (Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, etc.) seen a change in their EDD? I ordered 9/24 and EDD has been the same since (Nov. 2- Dec. 2). I am sure I just jinxed it and it will get pushed back now.....
My 9/9 order of a LR Red aero no fsd fell back to a 11/19 - 12/17. This was the first movement after getting two days into a EDD of 10/30 - 11/30. Movement though has encouraged me. Bottom line is I feel good it will be here before Christmas. I too was blown away on my test drive. While never owning a car above 25k my job had me parking top of the line cars. chicago area by the way

My 9/9 order of a LR Red aero no fsd fell back to a 11/19 - 12/17. This was the first movement after getting two days into a EDD of 10/30 - 11/30. Movement though has encouraged me. Bottom line is I feel good it will be here before Christmas. I too was blown away on my test drive. While never owning a car above 25k my job had me parking top of the line cars. chicago area by the way
Similar sitch for me. I ordered Red/Black LR Aero, my order was pushed back two weeks yesterday to 11/14 - 12/11 for St Louis delivery. Perhaps they wait until they have more than N number of orders for red color before they make and ship them.

Wow lots of updates the last couple of days. Congrats to some of you!
Over on the Model Y ordering page a few folks were lucky enough to get the mythical VIN with an “N” indicating a 2022 model year. Anyone here gotten lucky yesterday or today? 😆

My order is in OK with pickup in Kansas City, Only option mine was red exterior on 9/20. My EDD has held steady for mid November-December with no change to the date. I enter the EDD in two weeks so we shall see how that goes.