Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Specs:
OD: 9/28, EDD: 11/7-12/5, M3LR, White/White, Aero, no FSD, Chicago Suburbs

Email from SA:

Good afternoon,
I just want to make sure that I get all the information for your delivery lined up before replying back correctly. So the great news, I did get confirmation that as of today we are looking at even match coming in about 10 days from now (meaning car is leaving the factory if there aren’t any delays). With a potential delivery dates of somewhere between the 20th to 27th or this month. (Pending on how long the transport takes). Everything in your account looks great, I would suggest not to touch anything else for now. As you get confirmation of the Vin, i’ll begin making contact with the local delivery team to begin to finalize everything. I’ll give you a call tomorrow morning to go over some of those details as we are itching closer towards delivery. I’ll give you a call around 11am cst

FYI.

Reactions: Paul4343
Specs:
OD: 9/28, EDD: 11/7-12/5, M3LR, White/White, Aero, no FSD, Chicago Suburbs

Email from SA:

Good afternoon,
I just want to make sure that I get all the information for your delivery lined up before replying back correctly. So the great news, I did get confirmation that as of today we are looking at even match coming in about 10 days from now (meaning car is leaving the factory if there aren’t any delays). With a potential delivery dates of somewhere between the 20th to 27th or this month. (Pending on how long the transport takes). Everything in your account looks great, I would suggest not to touch anything else for now. As you get confirmation of the Vin, i’ll begin making contact with the local delivery team to begin to finalize everything. I’ll give you a call tomorrow morning to go over some of those details as we are itching closer towards delivery. I’ll give you a call around 11am cst

FYI.
Was this a unsolicited email? Which store did you order from? I didn't think the SA had the ability to go deeper looking for deliveries.

What would be the purpose of getting a vin before you hold your order to the first of next year? Am I to assume I could buy the car and not take delivery to get the tax break?
Basically you keep your place in line for as long as possible. Once you place yourself in hold, Tesla is not actively working towards your order number. So if your order gets delayed into next year anyways (because lets be honest, Tesla's EDD times are always late) then you aren't waiting any longer than you normally would. There is also stipulation that if you get assigned a VIN, hold, then un-hold they try to match you to the next available VIN as you were effectively at the front of the line when you held. However, I don't think that's been confirmed and my SA seemed to indicate it doesn't work that way and you go to the back of the line. So take that bit with a grain of salt.

Hey everyone,

Add me to the 'Hold' list. Placed an order for a LR with no options on 10/29. Just spoke with a rep from a Tesla Showroom that helped me put my order on Hold until 12/31. Hopefully upgrading from a 2021 SR+ (delivered in July) if this EV passes. My original delivery date was Dec 15-Dec 31before placing the hold bit didn't want to take any chances.

M3LR, MSM/White interior
Order Date: 10/20
Config Modification : 11/1.
EDD : 11/27-12/25.

Can someone please let me know when to put HOLD on delivery to extend in 2022? Shall I request now or once I get my VIN number?
I put a hold on mine yesterday in the hopes the Infrastructure EV tax credit bill will pass soon & be effective 1/1/2022. I have not received my VIN yet. My OD was 9/13.

7E58C222-8DB8-4157-BDD3-862A1F80A775.jpeg
59A69140-8859-4C3F-AF9C-F2C3CAC54763.jpeg
VIN assigned!! 2022 model year, OD:10/30, EDD 11/17-23, Eatonville FL

Where are you taking delivery? I ask because my EDD is not as far from my OD as yours:

M3LR, White/White, 19" ordered on 10/10.

EDD on 10/10 (unchanged): November 18 - December 16
Seattle WA. I think it's the color (paint and interior) which is pushing the EDD. I've noticed sooner deliveries for M3LRs even with more recent order date than mine.
BTW. What's your location?

Those coast people man! Ordered the same spec as you, but over a month earlier. Guess these flyover states just get to take the leftovers haha
I'm sorry man, i'd be as frustrated. I've come to the conclusion that delivery timing has nothing to do with model configuration, but location. From a business standpoint, it would make sense for Tesla to allocate their inventory orders in bulk to states with the highest volume of orders first.

Reactions: Paul4343 and Jo060