Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like without the retroactive portion it will cause a huge fit from Tesla since it will help tank the end of the quarter sales while everyone waits for 2022.
Not clear to me that Tesla throwing a huge fit amounts to anything. From the union-favoring provisions currently in the draft version it seems pretty clear that the dems aren't worried about hurting Tesla's feelings.

I agree it is going to be interesting for Tesla to have so many orders delayed until 1/1/2022, they are going to be in delivery hell the first few weeks of 2022.

I just got the Vision agreement on my account and after accepting I got my VIN right away. I was checking daily in the source code but I never had it there.

OD 9/30

EDD before accepting Vision: November 2 - November 28

EDD after accepting Vision: November 19 - November 23

Congrats! Did you decode the Vin to see if it’s a 2022 model year? Otherwise you can paste it here and we can decipher it for you (you can leave the last 5 digits off)

Not a income tax expert but my view is a $7500 Tax deduction actually reduces income which makes the savings only 22 percent of $7500 or $1650. Any accountants here? This is based on income over $78,000....
It is not a tax deduction. It’s a credit. It reduces the total amount of your tax liability. Let’s say you pay $30k in tax through payroll deduction. When you do your taxes you find that after deductions and such that your actual tax liability is only $25k, so you’d get a $5k refund (you paid $30k but only had $25k in liability). The EV credit would further reduce your tax liability. If you got a $7500 EV credit then your tax liability would be $17,500 instead of $25,000. So you paid $30k from payroll deduction but your liability ended up only being $17,500, therefore you get a $12,500 refund instead of $5000 without the EV credit.

Reactions: Paul4343