Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pitt,
You mentioned a couple hours for financing. Did you use Tesla financing? Any recommendations or issues, as I’m planning on doing the same once I receive vin.
Yeah, I did use Tesla Financing. Think it may have been since I applied in the middle of the night that it took a few hours but I’m not positive. Didn’t have any issues. I spent the last few months paying down debts to get ready to apply. I’ve got a mid 700s score and got the 2.49% rate advertised through US Bank so I was happy with that.

OD: 8/20
EDD: "TBD"
M3LR
White/White, 18" Aero, no FSD

Should I be getting concerned that my EDD still says "TBD", not even any date range, even though my order date was 8/20?

I originally got assigned a VIN back on 10/18 and got a text to schedule delivery but realized Tesla had messed up the delivery address (our SoCal home vs. our NorCal home), so I had them update that. They ended up removing the VIN on 10/18 but I haven't seen any update since. I would've thought that I'd be close to the top of the list to get a new VIN, but it looks like other folks with order dates AFTER my 10/18 VIN removal have already taken delivery or will be taking delivery soon, while mine still shows no movement and says TBD...

Why place the order before then? At least don't fill out the profile if you don't want to take delivery. The bill hasn't even passed yet.
Because if you don't the price might go up. You can always place your order on hold. Or reject the VIN if they give you one early. I just rejected a VIN I ordered on Nov 8th got the text for delivery 22-24th I decided to wait for this week and then eventually take it off hold if the bill doesn't pass.

Reactions: Paul4343
OD: 10/3
EDD: 11/2 - 11/30, then
EDD: 11/10 - 12/8
Model 3 LR White/Black, 18" Aero, no FSD

I've been following this thread for about a month, and I've been encouraged and at times discouraged during the wait by the folks who tell their stories here. I want to tell those of you who do not want to wait until January to take delivery, your car may be coming before you expected it. This morning, when I checked to see if there had been any movement in the EDD, as usual there was none. But around noon I received a call from the Tesla store near me. I was told that they had a car for me with all of my specs. Do I want to pick it up today? Well, I'm picking it up tomorrow. The point being, this call came out of nowhere, and with so many people putting off delivery, there are going to be quite a few cars suddenly available. That means that there are going to be more calls out of nowhere. Be prepared. I was lucky enough that I had installation of a NEMA 14-50 done yesterday.

Good cheer, folks! That call may be coming to you next.

OD: 10/3
EDD: 11/2 - 11/30, then
EDD: 11/10 - 12/8
Model 3 LR White/Black, 18" Aero, no FSD

I've been following this thread for about a month, and I've been encouraged and at times discouraged during the wait by the folks who tell their stories here. I want to tell those of you who do not want to wait until January to take delivery, your car may be coming before you expected it. This morning, when I checked to see if there had been any movement in the EDD, as usual there was none. But around noon I received a call from the Tesla store near me. I was told that they had a car for me with all of my specs. Do I want to pick it up today? Well, I'm picking it up tomorrow. The point being, this call came out of nowhere, and with so many people putting off delivery, there are going to be quite a few cars suddenly available. That means that there are going to be more calls out of nowhere. Be prepared. I was lucky enough that I had installation of a NEMA 14-50 done yesterday.

Good cheer, folks! That call may be coming to you next.
Love that! Good to see you’re in California as well. More hope for the West Coast!

Reactions: Dhonore
OD: 8/20
EDD: "TBD"
M3LR
White/White, 18" Aero, no FSD

Should I be getting concerned that my EDD still says "TBD", not even any date range, even though my order date was 8/20?

I originally got assigned a VIN back on 10/18 and got a text to schedule delivery but realized Tesla had messed up the delivery address (our SoCal home vs. our NorCal home), so I had them update that. They ended up removing the VIN on 10/18 but I haven't seen any update since. I would've thought that I'd be close to the top of the list to get a new VIN, but it looks like other folks with order dates AFTER my 10/18 VIN removal have already taken delivery or will be taking delivery soon, while mine still shows no movement and says TBD...
Hmm I would call tesla until you find out what’s going on. They might give the vin to others? I could be wrong

So this was weird. I live only about 15 minutes away from the Highland Park, Illinois service center. I just got a text from Tesla customer service that they are converting my delivery to Tesla Direct, which involves direct delivery to my home. What are the risks of doing this? Will I get a normal inspection? I was planning on bringing a certified check so they didn’t have my money in advance in case I needed to reject the car. What do you all think? Do we think that this is because the USB charging ports are missing and the charging coils are in the wrong place or missing as well? They gave me the option of changing my delivery to the service center.