Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got off the phone with my SA
Gave me some hopeful and scary news.
Hopeful: I should be getting my car this month.

Scary: socal deliveries. (Speaking about Burbank specifically) typically does deliveries on the 3rd month of each quarter. So if I don’t get it this month I might not get it till March. 😱

OD: 9/18
Current edd: 12/11-12/31 m3lr msm / white / 18” aero
That’s how they always do it in California, you’ll get your car for sure.

Reactions: sliggy
I just got a text back from the SA with the following "It is possible your car will be built tomorrow and shipped; it usually falls towards the middle of your ETA"

Let see if anything changes or if I get a VIV this weekend.
I texted my SA an hour ago and my date is still showing EDD 12/21 on his end. When I told him I see dates 12/11-31 showing on my account he said "maybe car is not ready".

The reason I texted him was to see if it's possible to pickup from Fremont instead of home delivery. Hes response was "I can make that request with Fremont but not sure if they will allow. They do not want to have lots of customers onsite and rather deliver as it's easier planning. I'll put in the request. Once a VIN is assigned they will contact you to coordinate."

Im referring to the original $7500 tax credit which no longer applied once Tesla hit 200k manufactured cars. I believe that 200k cap will be lifted and the tax credit will be applied retro to teslas purchased on/after 5/24/21. This is currently in the Senate version of the bill, still needs to pass house, so we’ll see.
The original Senate version had the 5/24/21 date but it was not picked up by the House version. Hence, the current version in the Senate does not have that date unless they add it back which is doubtful. To play it safe, I would take delivery after 1/1/2022 if you are able to wait.

The only way other than Uber to get from LGA to Mt Kisco is to take a bus from LGA to Grand Central in NYC (it's not that far), then you can take the Metro North Harlem line to Mt Kisco. You would still probably need to Uber from train station to Tesla, but that will be a pretty short ride. You would have to check the Uber rates to see if the extra hassle is worth it. It's pretty much grid lock alert every day this month in the city, so I'm not sure what the Uber rates are like.
Text or call your SA to see if they can send you an Uber. They wanted to change my delivery day and I told them I don’t have a ride there. They told me not to worry and that they can send and pay for my Uber to the service center for delivery. I live about 32 miles away.

Cincinnati, LR, 18-inch Aero, white ext., black int., no FSD
Paying cash, no trade-in

Order date Nov 9, initial EDD Dec 12 - Dec 31

First movement today (Dec 9): EDD now Jan 16 - Feb 13. No VIN.
That works for me, since I'm still hoping for some Federal tax credit.
Just across the river from you in Northern KY, ordered 12/1, Midnight Silver Metallic, 18” Aero. I’ve had a 1/17 - 2/14 delivery date from the time I placed my order. Keep me posted on yours, I’m really hoping I get it in that time frame.

The Gray Ghost is home.

No USB ports but wireless charging works

Attachments

• 1B10D0E6-72FC-4399-B9F2-C4681DCF0861.jpeg
    1B10D0E6-72FC-4399-B9F2-C4681DCF0861.jpeg
    357.2 KB · Views: 98
Took delivery today and I am overall very happy and impressed. Fit and finish was really nice all around, there are a few gaps a hair larger/smaller compared to the other sides but nothing that I recognized without looking closely and going back and forth.

There are two things I am curious/slightly concerned about however. First is a weird ticking sound at very low speeds that is audible with the windows down on both the driver side and passenger side front wheels. It’s a hard sound to explain and doesn’t sound at all like a metal on metal grinding sounds but a very faint ticking sort of sound. Car drives fine and maybe it’s natural but it’s concerning enough that I am thinking about making an appointment.

The second thing is a difference in the rubber seal on the back of the trunk where it meets the glass. I think it has to do with the larger powered strut in the left side but there is a noticeable gap on the left side seal compared to the right.

Still hoping anyone waiting from October (or even longer) get their cars soon and have just as good experience as I have had so far.

Took delivery today and I am overall very happy and impressed. Fit and finish was really nice all around, there are a few gaps a hair larger/smaller compared to the other sides but nothing that I recognized without looking closely and going back and forth.

There are two things I am curious/slightly concerned about however. First is a weird ticking sound at very low speeds that is audible with the windows down on both the driver side and passenger side front wheels. It’s a hard sound to explain and doesn’t sound at all like a metal on metal grinding sounds but a very faint ticking sort of sound. Car drives fine and maybe it’s natural but it’s concerning enough that I am thinking about making an appointment.

The second thing is a difference in the rubber seal on the back of the trunk where it meets the glass. I think it has to do with the larger powered strut in the left side but there is a noticeable gap on the left side seal compared to the right.

Still hoping anyone waiting from October (or even longer) get their cars soon and have just as good experience as I have had so far.
Is the ticking changing frequency with the car speed? Maybe it's just a rock stuck in your threads. Congrats on your car and hope you get it corrected asap.

Just across the river from you in Northern KY, ordered 12/1, Midnight Silver Metallic, 18” Aero. I’ve had a 1/17 - 2/14 delivery date from the time I placed my order. Keep me posted on yours, I’m really hoping I get it in that time frame.

Northern Kentucky here as well, out by the airport! Have had a white LR/aero/no FSD on hold since October, wanted to get delivery in the new year. I'm lookin at taking it off hold this week and switching to MSM, so that will put me at the end of the que and looks like I'll definitely get in after the new year after seeing your EDD.

Was worried about people on here taking their hold off and getting matched to a Vin within days. But changing color should reset me.

Northern Kentucky here as well, out by the airport! Have had a white LR/aero/no FSD on hold since October, wanted to get delivery in the new year. I'm lookin at taking it off hold this week and switching to MSM, so that will put me at the end of the que and looks like I'll definitely get in after the new year after seeing your EDD.

Was worried about people on here taking their hold off and getting matched to a Vin within days. But changing color should reset me.
I’m just hoping to have mine by 3/9 at the latest, but yeah if it resets you, I’d guess you are definitely going to be in the new year as you were hoping. My MB c300 that I’m trading in will have its warranty expire on 3/9, and while it’s been completely problem free for me, there have been a number with my model year run into major engine issues at fairly low mileage (cracked piston specifically) - and I want to get rid of it before I have to deal with that.

why not just wait until last week of December? there are a lot of unassigned vins out there, people like me waiting on BBB.