Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that's too bad, I'm sorry. The regenerative breaking was the most difficult thing for me to get used to while test driving the first time (may or not have made my passengers sick from the abrupt stopping...). Started to get the hang of it the second time, I suggest changing the regen stop setting to Creep until you get more used to it and then changing it back to Hold after that. It makes it a little more similar to a gas car but still quite a bit different. You'll be fine!
That is exactly what I did, when I picked my Model Y. A few weeks later, I changed it back to most aggressive and now love it.

Northern Kentucky here as well, out by the airport! Have had a white LR/aero/no FSD on hold since October, wanted to get delivery in the new year. I'm lookin at taking it off hold this week and switching to MSM, so that will put me at the end of the que and looks like I'll definitely get in after the new year after seeing your EDD.

Was worried about people on here taking their hold off and getting matched to a Vin within days. But changing color should reset me.
Does changing color also resets the price of the car to the new price?

Is this what your app looks like? Has it updated recently? I haven't opened it in at least a week but it definately looked different last time. Or is an indication of progress?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211210-064821_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20211210-064821_Tesla.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 78
By reading the experiences on this forum, I did not quite experience the same order of events as everyone else. Just so everyone has an idea I'll post my order details then my experience.

M3LR MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD
OD: Nov 11
Nov 12: 1st EDD - Jan 18 - Feb 16
Nov 18: 2nd EDD - Dec 8 - Dec 31
Nov 23: 3rd EDD - Dec 12 - Dec 26
Dec 4: Vision Agreement, VIN in source code
Dec 4: 4th EDD - Dec 16-22
Dec 10: Delivery text, App updated to show Delivery Dec 21, 2021 at 5:30pm

So basically everything went as everyone else, jumping EDDs. But Dec 4 is when it got wierd....so I get my vision agreement and proceed with delivery button. I accept but no VIN in account...I checked the source code, and there it was. So whatever, I expect it to show up in the coming hours or days.

Its now Dec 10, and still no VIN in my account. I received a text saying my delivery is scheduled for Dec 21 at 5:30pm and I can accept the delivery, or click, not ready. My account upon logging in gave me no such option. So I emailed my local Tesla store to inquire about changing the date or time slightly to coincide with my work schedule. Still waiting on that but I'll update upon receiving an answer.

While we are on the topic of VINs, did anyone get decent insurance rates in Ontario? Any stories to share?

OK, funny update to my saga this morning. My blue order EDD just moved up to 12/24-12/31. Now the race is on. Here's the situation...

DBM - OD 8/15, Mt Kisco delivery. Current EDD 12/24-12/31
White - OD 12/3, Brooklyn delivery (after losing all faith in DBM and Mt Kisco). Current EDD 12/21 - 12/31

Current odds for first to VIN...
DBM: +170
White: -200

Over/Under for delivery of EITHER by Jan 1...
UNDER: +120
OVER: -140

PLACE YOUR BETS!!!!

OK, funny update to my saga this morning. My blue order EDD just moved up to 12/24-12/31. Now the race is on. Here's the situation...

DBM - OD 8/15, Mt Kisco delivery. Current EDD 12/24-12/31
White - OD 12/3, Brooklyn delivery (after losing all faith in DBM and Mt Kisco). Current EDD 12/21 - 12/31

Current odds for first to VIN...
DBM: +170
White: -200

Over/Under for delivery of EITHER by Jan 1...
UNDER: +120
OVER: -140

PLACE YOUR BETS!!!!
After all the wait might as well get them both. 😄

• Funny
Reactions: Plum Loco and EV70
We ordered in late October. Our first Delivery window was Dec. 17-31. Then a short while later it changed to Dec. 9-31. (Great. Even better.) And our delivery window stayed that way until this morning when it was pushed back to Jan. 1-29. Rats! The anticipation for getting our M3, White, LR, AWD, Black interior, 18” aero tires, Tesla is so strong that the delay for me, is instantly deflating. I am just really excited to get this car. I told my wife the only silver lining is now we can take advantage of any federal tax credits (assuming they stay in the BBB bill). We live in Southern California. It makes me curious about the timing of the build process to delivery day. Are the cars we receive finished just a couple days before? Or are they finished weeks earlier and it just takes time to ship them to us? Will we get a model 2021? Or a 2022? Anyway, I enjoy reading about everyone’s experiences and wanted to contribute. Happy holidays, everyone! Hope you get your new Tesla soon!

We ordered in late October. Our first Delivery window was Dec. 17-31. Then a short while later it changed to Dec. 9-31. (Great. Even better.) And our delivery window stayed that way until this morning when it was pushed back to Jan. 1-29. Rats! The anticipation for getting our M3, White, LR, AWD, Black interior, 18” aero tires, Tesla is so strong that the delay for me, is instantly deflating. I am just really excited to get this car. I told my wife the only silver lining is now we can take advantage of any federal tax credits (assuming they stay in the BBB bill). We live in Southern California. It makes me curious about the timing of the build process to delivery day. Are the cars we receive finished just a couple days before? Or are they finished weeks earlier and it just takes time to ship them to us? Will we get a model 2021? Or a 2022? Anyway, I enjoy reading about everyone’s experiences and wanted to contribute. Happy holidays, everyone! Hope you get your new Tesla soon!
Any vehicle manufactured after November 1, 2021 is a 2022.