Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys long time reader first time poster. OD on 11/19 got delivery date of Dec 25. I’ll be away on vacation and talked to SA to hold til Jan 1st. Does anyone know when to release the hold if I’d like to pick up first week of Jan before my finance deal runs out? Thanks for the help!
Release as soon as you come back and ready to pick up. I was told if you release in December you will get your car in December. SA said they’re trying to get as many sales as possible. You will just have to wait for next available car. Could be months you just never know. Everyone is waiting for January

Hi guys long time reader first time poster. OD on 11/19 got delivery date of Dec 25. I’ll be away on vacation and talked to SA to hold til Jan 1st. Does anyone know when to release the hold if I’d like to pick up first week of Jan before my finance deal runs out? Thanks for the help!
ordered mine in September and still waiting on a VIN ... Bay Area, CA
That’s unusually long. Do you have a trade in or financing? It took me over 3 months to realize you have to accept or decline the trade in before they will assign a vin. I didn’t finance, but I’ve heard of financing uncertainties also holding up vins too. My suggestion to anyone would be to order cash and no trade in and set up either or both after you get your vin. Makes sense also because both offers could expire before you get your vin anyway.

Reactions: The Meal
Now bumped to Dec 19-31! Lol
Forgot to update.
I received a vin before the vision agreement was signed.
Didn’t touch it for a week.
Finally accepted the agreement Dec 12th and was messaged about upcoming delivery and that my vehicle was on its way to Oahu.
I asked about delaying due to my current lease but I was told next vehicle would be January to March.
Was able to delay a few days and taking delivery Dec 26.
I will say the communication was poor. No calls or texts until they wanted to schedule delivery. Happy my SA was able to work with me as they wanted to deliver today.
They are only doing drop off here so I’ll have a car in my parking stall when I wake up Sunday!

That’s unusually long. Do you have a trade in or financing? It took me over 3 months to realize you have to accept or decline the trade in before they will assign a vin. I didn’t finance, but I’ve heard of financing uncertainties also holding up vins too. My suggestion to anyone would be to order cash and no trade in and set up either or both after you get your vin. Makes sense also because both offers could expire before you get your vin anyway.
Hmm I was told by my SA stopping at finance part was ok. My OD is 12/11 and EDD is 2/8-3/8. She recommended I complete it mid-Jan and I'd be fine. Maybe she was wrong? Definitely dont want to delay the process.

Approaching the 24 hour mark until pickup.
Just wanted to share with like minded individuals.
I'm right there with you. 25 hours for me. Just sent a note to one of the SA's in Mt Kisco telling them that if by chance the car was ready early, I would be more than happy to come pick it up at any time today. Maybe they are looking to lighten their load for Xmas Eve. 😁

I'm right there with you. 25 hours for me. Just sent a note to one of the SA's in Mt Kisco telling them that if by chance the car was ready early, I would be more than happy to come pick it up at any time today. Maybe they are looking to lighten their load for Xmas Eve. 😁
IT WORKED!!! 10 minutes after I sent the email they called and said the car came in yesterday, they are checking it out. now, how's 2:30? Good thing it was over the phone...I probably would have kissed him, and that would have been awkward for both of us. My 25 hours just got knocked down to 4 1/2. Good thing I optimistically started my insurance coverage a day early. I'm shaking with excitement.

IT WORKED!!! 10 minutes after I sent the email they called and said the car came in yesterday, they are checking it out. now, how's 2:30? Good thing it was over the phone...I probably would have kissed him, and that would have been awkward for both of us. My 25 hours just got knocked down to 4 1/2. Good thing I optimistically started my insurance coverage a day early. I'm shaking with excitement.
It's finally happening for you! Are you walking in circles yet? Don't forget to share a pic 😁

Congratulations... excited for you and looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Reactions: The Meal and EV70
Woohoo! Finally! Good luck!

Reactions: EV70
Wow that's a real gut-punch on Christmas Eve-Eve

OD: 11/28
EDD1: February
EDD2: 1/16-2/19
EDD3: 12/26-12/31
EDD4: 1/12-2/9 (just now)

So bummed but not unexpected. Merry Christmas to those who celebrate.
Sorry. It's the the disappointment after getting your hopes up that hurts the most. Just tell me the date when I order and I'll manage. It's the tinkering with our emotions that kills me.