Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm also in NC/SC (Charlotte Area) - my EDD is Jan 13-Jan 27. LR White/black/no FSD/Aeros. I expect month 1 of the qrt shipments in the east coast gets fullfilled first, then middle of country in month 2, then west coast in month 3. I am just speculating though.
Your speculation sounds reasonable because I'm on the west coast and my EDD is Mar 09 -31 (After putting late December delivery on hold for one week). LR Blue/Black no FSD/Aeros

I had the whole first date of delivery and still no vin occur a few times on my last order. As far as I know its pretty common. It should correct itself tomorrow when it hits the 5th. If over the next couple of days they keep your window without extending the end date, a VIN is pretty likely. But its also not uncommon for them to just re-assign a completely new window to you a few more weeks out.
Thank you!

So in the app, at no point did you see that your order was on hold? If yes, then an EDD of Jan 26 - Feb 23 is indeed a very long wait for an order date of July 30
Yup, I checked often and it never said it was on hold. Another person suggested my SA may have unmatched me without letting me know which does seem possible. I assumed I’d be notified but since I requested it but she may have just done it. I wish I knew for sure but it doesn’t feel worth bothering her over. It hopefully won’t be too much longer!

Sounds like your SA must've un matched a vin without you knowing or put a hold on the account that you didn't see because that seems like an impossibly long wait, getting through 2 full quarters without anything. The longest I've seen wait without a hold was a little over 4 months from august to December.
Yeah, I assumed she would check in to maybe double check that I wanted to unmatch but I did request it so it feels likely she just did it without letting me know. I wasn’t too worried about it until I checked in here and saw people who ordered well after me having similar EDD’s as mine. I wish I knew for sure but that does make me feel a little better actually. Thanks!

wow I'm continuously shocked by tesla, ordered the exact same specs as you on 10/10 and have a later delivery date still. Granted I'm new york instead of new jersey but still crazy how a 2 month order difference can have the same EDD
I also ordered the same car on 10/20. Latest EDD is 1/27-2/24. I'm in New York and should be getting it in Brooklyn. I can't figure out why it takes so long.

Model 3 Long Range AWD white on white
Ordered: 10/20
EDD 1: Dec 1st to Dec 31st
EDD2: Dec 31st to Jan 28th
Current EDD: January 13 - Feb 10
No VIN assigned

Question to folks here:
Anyone with similar location/model/edd ? I heard White/White cars are being massively delayed for some reason. Any real expectations on when could the actual EDD be? My SA has completely ghosted me.
Here's my LR white/white, no other options, info:
Order date: 29 Oct '21
EDD 1: Dec 1-31
*requested to place on hold till 2 Jan 1st week of Nov*
EDD 2 (after hold was automatically removed): 26 Feb-21 March 2022
EDD 3 (couple days after EDD 2): 18 Jan-Feb 1

Not sure what I'm gonna do (request another hold or what). With BBB maybe not quite dead, I think I'll go with another hold request, and if Tesla says no, owell, goodbye $250. I've looked into transferring to another person (my locked in price is $1k less than current pricing) but it seems like that would be too much of a PITA.

Not sure what I'm gonna do (request another hold or what). With BBB maybe not quite dead, I think I'll go with another hold request, and if Tesla says no, owell, goodbye $250. I've looked into transferring to another person (my locked in price is $1k less than current pricing) but it seems like that would be too much of a PITA.
Why do you want to request another hold? BBB would more than likely be for everyone who received their car from Jan 2022

Reactions: Shmesla
Why do you want to request another hold? BBB would more than likely be for everyone who received their car from Jan 2022
Honestly, I'm perfectly fine with my SR+. The only reason for me to upgrade to a LR3 is if it would be a $0 out of pocket trade. Only with a renewed tax credit would the math would work in my favor. Plus, convincing the spousal unit to go ahead with an upgrade without a new credit locked in, even if it's only a few K, is a tall order. I'd rather just save those bullets for upgrading our Pilot to some all-electric SUV down the road. ;)

Check the cancellation clause in your agreement (page 2) where it says:
"you acknowledge that the Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee are a fair and reasonable estimate of the actual damages we have incurred or may incur in transporting, remarketing, and reselling the Vehicle, costs which are otherwise
impracticable or extremely difficult to determine." Your cost could be well over $250.

Reactions: backlash224
Check the cancellation clause in your agreement (page 2) where it says:
"you acknowledge that the Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee are a fair and reasonable estimate of the actual damages we have incurred or may incur in transporting, remarketing, and reselling the Vehicle, costs which are otherwise
impracticable or extremely difficult to determine." Your cost could be well over $250.
I've only paid a $250 order fee. I think the transportation fee clause is for people that reserved an inventory/used car and also paid the transport fee in advance. My order agreement states the following:

After you submit your completed order, we will begin the process of preparing and coordinating your Vehicle delivery. At this point, you agree that any paid Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation fee have been earned. If you cancel your order or breach this Agreement and we cancel your order, you agree that we may retain as liquidated damages the Order Fee, Order Deposit and Transportation Fee, to the extent not otherwise prohibited by law

I have only paid a $250 order fee, so that is the only money I will be out if I ultimately cancel my order.