Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the VIN. No text message. No notification on the app. Just the VIN on the website.
They generally won't notify you that a VIN was issued to you. They post it on your website 1st, then later in the day, it gets updated to your phone app. The next notification you will receive is to schedule a delivery and to accept docs on the site.

Reactions: whiskeylover
My 90 day window would end sometime around the end of this month. Honestly, I'm fine with eating $250 (was worth a gamble in case BBB was passed) but whatever ends up happening, I'll be fine with it. Still don't have a VIN yet.
But didn't they raise the price like $1K since you placed your order? Hopefully they can grant your request so your price is still locked in.

Is it possible to find out for 100% certainty if the Ryzen chip is in your car before final payment/paperwork?

That is a great upgrade and should be noted in specs.

If not, cancel, burn the deposit, and re-order and wait again?

EDD Jan 24-Feb 7

Is it possible to find out for 100% certainty if the Ryzen chip is in your car before final payment/paperwork?

That is a great upgrade and should be noted in specs.

If not, cancel, burn the deposit, and re-order and wait again?

EDD Jan 24-Feb 7

When you physically inspect the car, before accepting delivery, you can check on the screen- same screen where it displays what driving computer is in it, etc.

M3LR, White Exterior, Black Interior, 18" Aero, No FSD, VA

Original order date: August 22, 2021 (SAs have referenced this as my order date on calls)
Updated order date: Sep 19, 2021 (date reflected on Order Agreement - paint change)

EDD History:
  • December 2021 (original)
  • Nov 20 - Nov 24 (on Nov 15)
  • Put on hold Nov 18
  • Took off hold Dec 29
  • Feb 5 - March 5 (on Dec 29)
  • Jan 13 - Jan 27 (on Dec 30)
  • TBD (on Jan 10)
Who else has experienced the "TBD" phenomenon before? Is it a positive, negative, or ambiguous sign for an impending delivery date?
I live in Virginia as well and ordered the exact same car and specifications as you did. Hopefully they will deliver our cars around the same time, closer to your EDD's on January and not my current EDD of Feb 07-Mar07 (my order date was 12/04).

Hi All. First post, long time reader. I just had my EDD pushed back a couple of weeks.

MRLR/Blue/Black/Aero/NO FSD; DC area

OD: 10/7/2021, advertised EDD: December 2021
10/10/2021 EDD: 11/10 - 11/28/2021
11/8/2021 VIN Assigned: EDD 11/24 - 11/28/2021
11/20/2021: Placed on hold until 12/20 (with the hope I wouldn’t get another VIN until after the new year waiting on BBB)
12/12/2021: Hold came off automatically, EDD: TBD
1/2/2022 EDD: 2/17 - 3/17/2022
1/4/2022 EDD: 1/12 – 1/26/2022
1/7/2022: Contacted Tesla since EDD was 5 days away and did not have VIN. Was told no VIN was assigned yet and would likely have delivery date pushed back.
1/8/2022 EDD: 1/24 – 2/7/2022

Reactions: CarlThompson
Follow up to this, got a text asking if I wanted delivery today (1/10), haven't responded. Delivery date on the website is set to 1/11.

Reached out to the Fremont location to see if I could get information about the MCU, but the advisor wasn't able to pull the information and forwarded the request to the delivery team. Build date of vehicle is 1/9/2022. Hoping to get information about the MCU prior to accepting any sort of delivery, and hopefully will be a good data point for all of us to see if January vehicles have the updates. 🤞
Yes, please provide an update tomorrow. Don't forget to check the rear windows to see if dual paned like front windows and if the 15V lithium ion is under the hood! If you have heated wipers those should be obvious as well.

Just saw this on reddit
Capture.PNG

• Helpful
Reactions: Crany and hlin07
Follow up to this, got a text asking if I wanted delivery today (1/10), haven't responded. Delivery date on the website is set to 1/11.

Reached out to the Fremont location to see if I could get information about the MCU, but the advisor wasn't able to pull the information and forwarded the request to the delivery team. Build date of vehicle is 1/9/2022. Hoping to get information about the MCU prior to accepting any sort of delivery, and hopefully will be a good data point for all of us to see if January vehicles have the updates. 🤞
Final update on this VIN (152450). After multiple calls, I was finally able to get a hold of someone that could pull the information. Had the Intel CPU, so decided to unmatch my VIN. Again, build date of vehicle is 1/9/2022, so looks like it's still a lottery. Hoping that the 1/11 news is true, but will try my luck with the next one. Not in a rush for a car (order was admittedly a bit spontaneous after seeing the used car market), so I don't mind the extra wait, but I understand that everyone has a differing circumstances -- mine is "why not wait a couple more weeks for all the updates".

Yes, please provide an update tomorrow. Don't forget to check the rear windows to see if dual paned like front windows and if the 15V lithium ion is under the hood! If you have heated wipers those should be obvious as well.
I am so looking forward to MY assignments from Jeremy when I get a VIN and Vision Agreement, too. :)

(but seriously, let us all know what hardware you get!)

• Funny
Reactions: Jeremy3292
Final update on this VIN (152450). After multiple calls, I was finally able to get a hold of someone that could pull the information. Had the Intel CPU, so decided to unmatch my VIN. Again, build date of vehicle is 1/9/2022, so looks like it's still a lottery. Hoping that the 1/11 news is true, but will try my luck with the next one. Not in a rush for a car (order was admittedly a bit spontaneous after seeing the used car market), so I don't mind the extra wait, but I understand that everyone has a differing circumstances -- mine is "why not wait a couple more weeks for all the updates".
What was your configuration again?