Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is probably not meaningful without breaking it down further for region, distance/method of final delivery, interior color, wheels and perhaps even FSD. BTW, you have some dates listed twice.

OD:12/10 EDD:1/16-2/13 AWD/White/Black/18/noFSD/SF Bay Area
Yes your are right! the more data the better analysis

However, the intent is to see if we had some trend on limited sample population
If you see White and Silver clearly show a reasonable trends, and then we have some outliers in them... i can bet something weird is happening for those points.. either they have not pending for a new EDD or they will get vehicle allocated that just came available

Submitted a trade in to Tesla? They are notorious for giving you chump change for your cars. He should just sell privately, he'll make much more, and it wont take long. Just sold my BMW this way within a week.
What is your recommendation for a private sale? It seems that so many websites will charge me for listing and I don't know which ones are the best for your buck. Tesla, Carmax and Carvana sound fine but I'd not mind working a bit harder to get a better offer. Thanks!

Anyone receiving a Vin with a build date of 1/11/22 or later able to confirm whether they have the atom chip or the newer one yet? I'll be fairly surprised if that 1/11 date ends up being accurate.. Also would be thrilled if it were the case since I haven't received a VIN yet.

With more Data
1642022351233.png

Hanging on to this forum too long as you can see...LOL

Popular colors are White/ Silver/ Blue based on the sample size

Reactions: Karthik-M3LR
Anyone receiving a Vin with a build date of 1/11/22 or later able to confirm whether they have the atom chip or the newer one yet? I'll be fairly surprised if that 1/11 date ends up being accurate.. Also would be thrilled if it were the case since I haven't received a VIN yet.
I doubt many people have received a vehicle with a 1/11/22 build date and have been able to actually confirm if it has the Ryzen or not (I have a hard time trusting the SA's word), I am skeptical as well of the date however we are going to need at least another week or so to really get a good picture of it.

What is your recommendation for a private sale? It seems that so many websites will charge me for listing and I don't know which ones are the best for your buck. Tesla, Carmax and Carvana sound fine but I'd not mind working a bit harder to get a better offer. Thanks!
I always suggest talking to a dealership, Carmax or Echo Park, etc...Let them spend 5 minutes with the car and then give you a number. Once you have that dollar amount, go to the next location. At the end, you'll have a pretty good idea of what market is willing to pay. If you like this price, take it! If you don't like this price, sell privately for more; you may get a bite you may not.

I've sold a car or two to Carmax with no issue whatsoever...Very easy! :)

The VIN has no build date information. You can make an assumption regarding VIN assignment timing but that is just a guess.
as @T4M3 states, people can ask their SA for the build date of their specific vin, when assigned. That is something that the SA can see (born on date), but not something we can see specifically anywhere, as you mention.

The SAs had this information back when I bought my model 3 in 2018 as well. I know my car had a build date of 11/15/18, and my delivery date was 12/04/18.

Reactions: Jeremy3292