Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i'm a alumni to this channel -- have had my model 3 now for about a month! I talked my friend into getting one... he drives a 2017 Porche. And submitted for trade in. He got a quote back of $2,000. His car is in great shape --- has anyone else had something like this happen? Resolution options? I told him to chat in and email the financing department... but it seems like a pretty BIG mistake to the tune of 10's of thousands of dollars....
That amount just means they don’t want that trade in. Nothing to be upset over.

Try local dealers, vroom, carvana.

Just wanted to know this... Did ANYONE .... Anyone with a Red Multi-Coat option receive their VIN yet ?? or do you know of someone who received their VIN. The wait is killing me
Ordered 10/10/21 Red Multi-Coat /Black Interior LR 19" Wheels, no FSD, originally showed Dec18-31, then Jan 18-Feb 18th, today no date TBD. I live in NY area and this car is a replacement for my 2018 LR/RWD same colors and options.

Reactions: Karthik-M3LR
30 days after ordering I got my first notification: my trade-in value expired. Upon re-evaluation, their offer dropped $1,100. Not a surprise. Vroom's offer went way up, but wait, don't they pick up your car before they cut you a check? I've read where they can lower their offer and if you don't like it they will charge you to deliver the car back to you. I prefer "we'll give you a check on the spot". Removing my trade-in did not change the EDD.

In 30 more days my loan approval will expire, but it appears the current rate has been extended. Watch the Fed. If they raise lending rates next week everything changes.

Blue/White/19" No FSD
OD: 12/10
EDD: 2/22-3/22

Last edited:
I just got a trade in text message from Tesla. Does that mean my VIN will come soon?

Not a guarantee, of course. But my VIN lagged the trade-in text by 5 days:

OD: 11/25/21 (Indianapolis)
M3LR / MSM / White / Aero / No FSD
Advertised EDD: February '22
11/25: 1st EDD: 2/01 - 2/28/22
11/26: 2nd EDD: 12/15 - 12/31/21
11/30: 3nd EDD: 1/15 - 2/12/22
12/3: 4th EDD: 12/21 - 12/31/21
12/8: Trade-in Text Received
12/13: VIN Assigned (x129821)

12/14: Hold Placed
1/1: Hold Lifted
1/2: 5th EDD: 3/5 - 3/31/22
1/6: 6th EDD: 1/21 - 2/4

Build date was 1/10, vin matched same day. My order was not put on hold, just unmatched from the VIN and put back in line for next match.
How'd you unmatch? Both tesla agents I spoke to said only way to remove this VIN and wait for another is by putting the car on hold..I asked specifically about unmatching the vin..they said that's not possible..but it could be because i ordered early Nov..what was your OD?

Correct!

Very hard to see trend in this spread. just wanted to see if there was anything trend to what people are reporting.
If someone is serious a better model can be made... but will have extract data from this character stream...TOO MUCH WORK

maybe if TMC can collect this info from the members and then we can recreate a prediction model!
Funny thing is, I think we’re actually not far from figuring out the parameters as a community

Any MD'ers with EDDs in the 16-31 Jan timeframe that have received VINs yet?
EDD of January 18th - February 1st... hasn't changed from earlier this month. No sign of a VIN yet. Original order date of late October. Received initial VIN early December. Put on hold til January 1st. Hold came-off automatically just before New Years. New EDD shortly thereafter and hasn't changed since. In the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia so will be taking delivery in Rockville... when the time comes :)

M3LR, Blue/White, 18" Aeros, No FSD.

My vin was 1530xx and it was not Ryzen..
My VIN was also 1530xx & not Ryzen either. I was not eligible to place a second hold on my vehicle so I unmatched from my VIN & had to sacrifice my $250. This morning I restarted the process with another $250. I am now at the end of the queue which is fine. I will get that damn Ryzen processor one way or another…

Hey everyone! Just wanted to add another data point as I wait for my Model 3.

Specs: Red, black interior, 18" wheels, no FSD

10/30: OD
11/16: Received VIN and placed on hold
12/29: Hold automatically removed by Tesla, EDD TBD
1/4: EDD March 5-31
1/6: EDD January 28-February 11

No change since 1/6. Fingers crossed to get a car with the recent improvements!

Reactions: Crany
My VIN was also 1530xx & not Ryzen either. I was not eligible to place a second hold on my vehicle so I unmatched from my VIN & had to sacrifice my $250. This morning I restarted the process with another $250. I am now at the end of the queue which is fine. I will get that damn Ryzen processor one way or another…
That's some serious determination right there. sacrificing money and time.. respect.

Reactions: Paul4343
What is your new EDD now? I hope I don't get pushed all the way back to the end of the queue when I lift the hold...