Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me it was 5 days. There was no change to the EDD at all, then a second vin was almost immediately assigned (also had intel atom chip) on day 5. I've heard between 3-5 days is normal for it to update after releasing a vin.

Yikes, you released a VIN (was it to try and get a Ryzen)? And then 5 days later they gave you another VIN but still an Intel car? How long ago was this?

My ED is still 1/27 to 1/31 but I think that's leftover from my 1st VIN I released?

Yikes, you released a VIN (was it to try and get a Ryzen)? And then 5 days later they gave you another VIN but still an Intel car? How long ago was this?

My ED is still 1/27 to 1/31 but I think that's leftover from my 1st VIN I released?
Yes, released vin 1/13, received 2nd vin 1/18. Was informed my order would be cancelled if I didn't accept the 2nd vin, although someone in the performance waiting room said they were able to release a second vin and received the ryzen on their third. I wasn't as lucky, and had to cancel / re-order. Which is fine with me as long as I am able to pick it up sometime before the end of April or early May at the latest.

Reactions: CosmosMpower
Yes, released vin 1/13, received 2nd vin 1/18. Was informed my order would be cancelled if I didn't accept the 2nd vin, although someone in the performance waiting room said they were able to release a second vin and received the ryzen on their third. I wasn't as lucky, and had to cancel / re-order. Which is fine with me as long as I am able to pick it up sometime before the end of April or early May at the latest.

Wow, what was the build date and range of the VIN you got on 1/18? I'd assume by 1/18 it was probably built around 1/15 and should have been 158range

Got VIN assigned 160XXX was told build date 1/22 but no word on if lithium 12v. Guess I'll have to take delivery to find out but I'm hoping based on other build dates it has latest. I guess they don't assign vins in a strict build date order...

What was your order date?

Today is the first day of my delivery window, but still no VIN. I'm hopeful the EDD isn't pushed back, and the VIN is assigned sometime today.

Let’s hope they pay me what they quoted :oops:, I’ll give you an update when that happens. You’ll have to ask them that question about the mileage. After they sent me the quote I didn’t drive the car anymore, luckily I have a work truck that I used in the meantime.
Here’s the update for Vroom I promised. I was paid the full amount today. I would use them again if they were highest bidder, just be ready to wait longer for your money.

I was able to release two VINs but I had a configuration/color change in between these two VINs so that might have been a factor why they allowed the second release. Also, my second VIN was lower like in your case. First VIN was 158xxx, second VIN was 156xxx. Neither had the AMD nor the 12V Lithium. Was told that I need to accept the next VIN when my current hold ends on Feb 18.

I might end up cancelling the order if the next one has not the upgrades. I was planning to take delivery of the second VIN since I am not concerned whether I get the Intel or AMD processor but I decided to definitely get the 12V Lithium battery.

I was able to release two VINs but I had a configuration/color change in between these two VINs so that might have been a factor why they allowed the second release. Also, my second VIN was lower like in your case. First VIN was 158xxx, second VIN was 156xxx. Neither had the AMD nor the 12V Lithium. Was told that I need to accept the next VIN when my current hold ends on Feb 18.

I might end up cancelling the order if the next one has not the upgrades. I was planning to take delivery of the second VIN since I am not concerned whether I get the Intel or AMD processor but I decided to definitely get the 12V Lithium battery.

Can you not retrofit the li-ion battery after the fact?

I wonder if there are a bunch of 153-160 range cars that keep getting rejected by people making their way through the rounds. I better not get another non Ryzen car.
I was speculating on this a few pages back but there's really just no way of knowing how many intel atom cars are still needing to be assigned or delivered. Although I'd have to think the overall vin rejection rate is lower than what appears on these forums since often the enthusiasts gather here but the common purchaser may not even be aware of any changes.

Definitely seems trending towards all model 3's produced as of sometime last week are coming with the ryzen chip though between here and facebook. I'd think the odds of getting assigned an intel chip car at this point would be decreasing and next week might be close to rare.