Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They record what the miles are upon delivery. For example, if you are picking up your car at the delivery center, they will record what the milage is from that point. If they deliver your car to your home, which is 97 miles away, they will record the mileage from the time you accept delivery...so if they drove it to your house, it will likely be just over 100 miles, but your clock would start from there.

I highly recommend you bring an inspection checklist with you when you take delivery. Throughly check the exterior's panels (one at a time), the lines, the weatherstriping (one of mine was missing at the trunk area), the paint, the headlights (mine had a rock chip), tires, wheel scuffs, the undercarriage. Check the interior paint when you open the doors, trunk, frunk, charging port. Make sure the doors and windows all open and close with ease. Check the interior stitching on the seats, etc. Spend lots of time doing your inspection, then address it right away with the service center before you take delivery since you're there already. They may be able to fix right away, or at least schedule it for you. Make sure to take pictures of every issue and upload it to your service request through your app if they can't get it fixed while you're there. It's all about documenting the issues. While you drive your car within the first 100 miles, listen for any issues...wind noise, etc...check your audio system...check your AC and heater, heated grips, etc...make sure everything works.

Good luck to you!!
Has anyone created such a checklist that they are willing to share?

Reactions: Doggerton
Question to those that have removed an assigned VIN to get a later delivery. How long did it take to get an EDD after you removed the original VIN? I did a 24 hour hold on Sat to get rid of an assigned Intel chip VIN and still haven't seen an updated EDD for a new VIN (hoping for a recently built 161+ VIN Ryzen car).
After I released my hold on 1/1/2022, I received a new EDD on 1/2/2022.

Reactions: CosmosMpower
Question to those that have removed an assigned VIN to get a later delivery. How long did it take to get an EDD after you removed the original VIN? I did a 24 hour hold on Sat to get rid of an assigned Intel chip VIN and still haven't seen an updated EDD for a new VIN (hoping for a recently built 161+ VIN Ryzen car).
Took me a week or so. Really depends on your OD, location and config

After I released my hold on 1/1/2022, I received a new EDD on 1/2/2022.

My hold was supposed to be 24 hours from sat to sunday evening but still no updated EDD. I called Tesla and they said the system hasn't updated to assign a new EDD yet. I was supposed to sell a current car on Wed but now I'm not sure if I should without knowing the new EDD. I can live without a second car for a few weeks but not a month +

Depends on the order queue, but I'd imagine you'd see an update within a business day or two.

Remember, Tesla sorts orders by Geography -> Configuration -> Active Status (Not hold) -> Order Date...depends on how all that shakes out for you.

Reactions: CosmosMpower
Current Pennsylvania (Wexford + Devon) Deliveries For the 2022 Model 3!

1643043546548.png

Both electricians I've had out would not put in a smaller breaker. They would only pull 6/2 with a 60 amp breaker. I have a 60 amp subpanel for our pool so I lucked out but wasn't anticipating going the full 60, only want 40.
Are they adding the 60A breaker on the pool sub panel? If so that could be problematic if you are charging and the pool pumps turn on that would likely go over the 60A limit of the sub panel.

Are they adding the 60A breaker on the pool sub panel? If so that could be problematic if you are charging and the pool pumps turn on that would likely go over the 60A limit of the sub panel.
I am but the actual draw from both on won't exceed the capacity (tiny 3/4 hp pump). They also will never be on at the same time as my pool pump runs during the day while I'm at work. Also plan on charging at 32 amps because I won't need anything more. I have my subpanel protected with a 60 amp breaker at the main.

New to the forum. New (soon, hopefully!) to Tesla.

With the delay of the Cybertruck, decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on a Model 3 LR AWD. Ordered on January 13th, with the website estimating my config would be ready sometime in March. Was surprised to shortly get my first (actual) EDD of 2/13 - 3/13. I know that's just a rough guess at this point, but I was still somewhat taken aback that it could possibly be that early. Especially since there are many of you here who ordered many weeks ago and still haven't gotten your delivery.

Best of luck to all!
You new here......would be shocked if it arrived that early. They gave me the same false hopes and moved the date 5 times already since I ordered on 1/2. They originally bumped me up like you and got me mildly excited. My new date as of 5 days ago, is 2/18-3/18.

Best of luck I hope you do get it sooner, but likely just the beginning of the date change game.

While we're all desperately refreshing our Tesla account for our VIN, how many of you are installing a home charging solution prior to delivery?

I went with a 240V NEMA 14-50 because the 30% federal tax credit was not renewed and my local rebate requires a permit (my city makes getting a permit harder than getting a Tesla with no panel gaps). Paid ~$200 for material+labor since I already had the breaker box in my garage. Just bought the $30 wall mount from Tesla -- good enough for me.
Yuuup, just had the service line to the house updated last week for the new anticipated load. Already have a juice box installed since we have a Volt currently. Gonna try to squeak by with the juice box at 40A peak and see if we can make it. Me thinks its going to be a pain with 2 cars and I'll end up adding another option.

Reactions: lexapro
I agonized over the charging solution for weeks. I started by considering the dryer connection, then decided on adding a new circuit with a 14-50 recepticle. But after reading that so many forum members were biding their time by accessorizing, I put my extra pennies toward the Tesla wall connector.

Now, instead of agonizing over my charging choices, it's the charging rate. Should I install better wiring to get 48A? Can my breaker box handle a 60A breaker? Will it snow the day the electrician is scheduled? Great exercise climbing this wall of worry.
Anyone can install a 60A breaker as long as there is room in the box. The question would be what is you total max load and how big is the service coming into the house? We had to upgrade our service as we had an older 100A service to the house. Obviously, not going to cut it with a car often pulling 40A draw. If your not sure of the answer, def have someone look at it. I have seen a few houses where the box has been upgraded but not the service and they don't switch out the main breaker. Meaning if they leave a 200A main in the box, and your line is only capable of 100A, it could catch fire as the breaker will never trip even if its overloaded.

For me it was 5 days. There was no change to the EDD at all, then a second vin was almost immediately assigned (also had intel atom chip) on day 5. I've heard between 3-5 days is normal for it to update after releasing a vin.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlThompson