Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD
ODD 1/21
EDD 2/12-3/12
2/4 automated text from SA asking about trade in. Doubt they'd give me much for my 20 year old Civic
2/6 Changed pickup from Reno, nv to Burbank
Today still the same 2/12-3/12
I thought the same... My rusty '02 Civic with multiple issues (but drivable) can't be worth anything... Tesla offered $800 (CAD) on trade-in. Worth a try if you were going to scrap it anyway.

Reactions: Canine06
I went from getting a VIN this morning, to getting a text like an hour later that I can pick up my car today!

Except I'm not ready... I had selected cash, so I need to get financing lined up (already submitted the application to Tesla and our credit union, the latter of which has better rates, but depending on how long they take we may have to refinance).

It sounds like our car is at the Fremont delivery center. We're about 22 miles away. But my husband's work hours can be unpredictable (he often gets held over until late), So I'm not sure how we're going to make it down there on a weekday... Both of our names are on the car. And I need him to drive me there (I'm not trading in). I'm hoping I might be able to finagle delivery to my home. Finger's crossed!

Has anyone in this waiting room successfully gotten the 1.24% rate or is it just going off what the website says? I haven't dealt with DCU (yet) but my old Credit Union played the game that since it says "As low as" on the 1.49%, they couldn't add the additional 0.25% for EVs... Could be different with DCU though (and I hope it is for when I apply hopefully soon).
slow reply, but yes I did.

Does anyone know how Insurance works? It says I need to upload proof of insurance - but how do I know what effective date to set my insurance for if I don't have an actual delivery date yet?
There are several ways to approach this. If you currently have insurance on another car, you can upload your current insurance ID card. In some states you must have the VIN, so you'll have to wait, but at least you will have uploaded something. You might ask your insurance company for guidance and they will look up New York rules.

I went from getting a VIN this morning, to getting a text like an hour later that I can pick up my car today!

Except I'm not ready... I had selected cash, so I need to get financing lined up (already submitted the application to Tesla and our credit union, the latter of which has better rates, but depending on how long they take we may have to refinance).

It sounds like our car is at the Fremont delivery center. We're about 22 miles away. But my husband's work hours can be unpredictable (he often gets held over until late), So I'm not sure how we're going to make it down there on a weekday... Both of our names are on the car. And I need him to drive me there (I'm not trading in). I'm hoping I might be able to finagle delivery to my home. Finger's crossed!
good luck!

Yesterday evening, got a VIN and new EDD date. Two updates in the same day...!? EDD was: Feb 7-24, now Feb 7-11 and the EDD is 170XXX waiting for the call... Getting the last of the parts for the new socket install in the garage seems to have done the trick!

Priced Tesla insurance, it's $110/mo more for me than the lizard folks here in California.

?Does anyone know if a NEMA 14-50 is supposed to be included with the car at delivery these days?

No, the 14-50 nema adapter is not included. You have to purchase separately.

When was your order date? What was your EDD before getting the VIN?

I would be thrilled if they asked me to pick up today, not just because I'm ready, but because my lower loan rate expires this week. Can you call the credit union and ask if they can help you today? Also, can you just put the loan and car in your name? You can adjust between the two of you later. I have prepared for all scenarios because I want to jump before rates go any higher.

Yeah, the hold orders seem to get VINs fast.

When I lifted my month long hold, I got a new EDD within 1 day, and it changed that evening from April to February.

I would definitely not be surprised if you got a VIN before EOQ.
Not the case for me. Also, I'm in Southern California so I bet that has something to do with it.

I lifted my hold in early January and my EDD hasn't changed from 2/8-3/8 since then.

I happened to be tangent to a LR delivery in Palm Springs this weekend and posted my observations here:

Screenshot 2022-02-07 114011.png

I happened to be tangent to a LR delivery in Palm Springs this weekend and posted my observations here:

View attachment 766068
That is by far the most attractive driveway I have ever seen. Even the flooring in your garage is amazing!

When was your order date? What was your EDD before getting the VIN?
Here are my stats:

M3LR, MSM, Black, 18", no FSD, Picking up in Fremont, CA

OD: 10/31
EDD1: 12/21-12/31
EDD2: 1/5-2/2
Hold from 12/16-1/5
EDD3: 3/9-3/31
EDD4: 1/28-2/25
EDD5: 2/4-2/18
EDD6: 2/7-2/18
VIN & Vision: 2/7
EDD7: 2/9-2/13