Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey unrelated question but does anyone know if there are third party ccs adapters available? I was told my a rep today that Tesla has them available in the UK and are working on getting them here. He told me that if I used a VPN to order or bought one from eBay they'd work... skeptical about that so just wondering if any us manufacturers are already making them 3rd party. I just ordered my 14-50 adapter so I just need that and I'm all set.

Would be cool if
I had this installed yesterday. I cannot wait to use it! My EDD was a victim of the great 4/20 pushback (6/8-7/20 pushed to 9/4-10/30), so I won’t be charging a Tesla with it anytime soon. 😢 View attachment 797901
I would buy another cable organizer/hook for that thing being so close to both garage doors. My OCD is going crazy looking at the picture (no offense). Install the other one upside down so you can coil the slack a little tighter. My luck just enough of the slack would catch in the door's track and damage the cord. Maybe I'm too anal. To each their own. Definitely not shitting on your install. Mine is still in the box on my toolbench.

I am pretty sure I am going to go through DCU as well. It is very easy to join and I will be applying once I get my VIN assigned. They seem to have the most competitive rates. I will check with a couple of local credit unions as well, but based on what each website says, DCU appears the most competitive when all is said and done. There have been a lot of people who have gone through the entire process and have been 100% happy with the process.
They appear to be one of the absolute best options unless you want to finance more than 60 months.

Reactions: Not That M3
If this helps, my friend built a very easy to use interest rate calculator for Excel but can be opened in Google Docs. I'll provide a Google Drive link for the Excel doc and I added a frame grab of it with different interest rates based on $30,000 loan just so you can see the difference in monthly payments. If you open the attachment yourself, you can play with any numbers based on your rates and actual loan amount. I can create a new post if the mods want to make a sticky out of it or, they have permission to download and create a sticky themselves.

Simple Loan Calulator
I couldn't edit my reply from above but I took this link down for Google permission issues. If you'd still like to download the Calculator Excel file, click the new link below which will take you to the new post I created in the main M3 forum.

Here is the new post link

Glad to see a lot of people getting VINs! I also have a happy update to share.

This morning my EDD shrank to 5/10 - 5/21, and then this afternoon I got a VIN with a new EDD of 5/10 - 5/14! So my journey went:

OD 1/17, LR MSM, Black, 18" Aero, No FSD
EDD 3/1: 4/29 - 5/27
EDD 4/26: 5/10 - 5/21
EDD 4/26(again): 5/10 - 5/14

To all of you still waiting, I hope you get yours very soon as well!

I wanted to chime in because I saw some folks mention DCU. I financed my current Tesla through them and will be using them for this one as well. What I didn't see mentioned was that in addition to EV discounts on the APR, you also get a discount for maintaining direct deposit. So you can lower your APR by a whole 0.75%, which means that with their current rate of 2.24% you could get a rate of 1.49%. The rate discounts are all automatic as long as you get the direct deposit set up soon after your loan becomes active.

My EDD was may 12-June 9 but today it changed to April 28 - May 9. Does that mean that it wont change again cause it moved the edd to 2 days before my first day. So i guessing that this will stick and will get the car in about a week. What do you guys think?
Not to get your hopes up but mine moved to 4/28 - 5/8 this morning and a few hours later I got a text from my SA saying my VIN was assigned. Right now my EDD says 4/26 (today) - 4/30 so I am hopeful to be contacted about a delivery date this week. (I’m in Milpitas)

Hoping you get good news tomorrow.

Here is Fremont loading lot that empty Since there were a dozen of trucks with tons of Tesla cars today morning but now all they left when I back to home around 7pm pacific time. This is I-880 highway south bound.
0926762B-B21C-4D46-A62A-318D3A4EBE64.jpeg
when I came back to home today around 7pm