Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you reach out to an SA, you can 100% still change the payment method.
Oh that’s interesting. Sorry if this sounds stupid but how do I find the number of an SA and what information about the loan would I need to show them, assuming that I can secure a pre-approval from a credit union? The previous car I bought from a dealership I just used their finance partner which gave me the bottom rate so I never bothered to try looking for another lender.

Oh that’s interesting. Sorry if this sounds stupid but how do I find the number of an SA and what information about the loan would I need to show them, assuming that I can secure a pre-approval from a credit union? The previous car I bought from a dealership I just used their finance partner which gave me the bottom rate so I never bothered to try looking for another lender.
Did you receive a text from Teslas shortly after you order? That would be the number to contact your SA. Otherwise call 888-518-3752

Still no update on my EDD. Have a vacation planned from 5/17-5/24... not that anyone gets their cars early anyway BUT I am nervous nevertheless!

OD: 3/4, LR, white, black interior, aero, no FSD
EDD: May 24th - June 21st
Pickup: Paramus, NJ

I'd go to Tesla's website and engage a chat session on there. They should be able to route you to a local SA (or the chat rep may even be able to make the change to your account).
I'd say unless you have a VIN, to just make the payment method cash (otherwise you run the risk of having your financing approval expire and them running your credit multiple times). Once you get notice of a VIN, it should be safe to then switch over the payment method to financing and apply for credit then.

Reactions: Hiline
Public Service Announcement

Please get your order details into your forum signature. If you cannot see people's forum signatures, be sure that the "Show people's signatures with their messages" option in your profile Preferences is checked. If you watch the forum on your phone, you may also have to look at the forum in landscape (wide mode).

To access your preferences, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Preferences".
To access your signature, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Signature".

You may not have access to some or all of these options until you have enough posts in the forums. The requirement appears to be around five.

There are plenty of examples of how people have formatted their information, so feel free to use somebody else's format or to invent your own. Any information that you provide will help avoid people repeatedly asking for it (and the answer immediately getting lost in the flow of posts here). We tend to use the available information to try to spot trends, to set expectations for newer arrivals - and to commiserate with the folks who have been waiting the longest.
Thanks for this! Just hit my 5th post (took me awhile) so I am finally able to like and have a signature.

Big update today, finally got my first 2 week window!! EDD just moved up to 5/16-5/30. This is good news for all my fellow WNY folk that have also been starving for some positive movement

I know a flood of people are getting 2 week windows and VINs right now, but I did also call Tesla yesterday to “check” if everything was still all set on my end….coincidence? 🤔

What say you great prognosticators of the Interwebs. When do you think I will get my car? :)
Picking up in Norther Colorado. Here's the information from my Signature on the Order information:
2022 M3 LRAWD MSM, Black Interior, 18" Aero, No FSD (O.D. 2/26/22, 1st EDD: 5/16 - 6/13, 2nd EDD: 6/9/22 - 7/14/22)

Side note on this question- why do some people have an SA and some don’t? Our local service center is tied into our order and we still were never assigned an SA and never contacted by anyone. No texts, nothing. We have never reached out to try to find ourselves an SA either, so maybe that’s what everyone is doing? Not that we need one, but I’ve been curious. It seems that part of the process is not uniform across all customers.

I'd go to Tesla's website and engage a chat session on there. They should be able to route you to a local SA (or the chat rep may even be able to make the change to your account).
I'd say unless you have a VIN, to just make the payment method cash (otherwise you run the risk of having your financing approval expire and them running your credit multiple times). Once you get notice of a VIN, it should be safe to then switch over the payment method to financing and apply for credit then.
Ah I see. These are very helpful tips - thank you for sharing!

was
Big update today, finally got my first 2 week window!! EDD just moved up to 5/16-5/30. This is good news for all my fellow WNY folk that have also been starving for some positive movement

I know a flood of people are getting 2 week windows and VINs right now, but I did also call Tesla yesterday to “check” if everything was still all set on my end….coincidence? 🤔
NICEEEEEE!

Still no update on my EDD, but hopefully that could change in the next few days.... fingers crossed.