Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am pretty sure I am going to go through DCU as well. It is very easy to join and I will be applying once I get my VIN assigned. They seem to have the most competitive rates. I will check with a couple of local credit unions as well, but based on what each website says, DCU appears the most competitive when all is said and done. There have been a lot of people who have gone through the entire process and have been 100% happy with the process.
Their base rate is decent and I think they're still giving a 0.5% discount for EV cars so it then becomes a pretty good rate!

Reactions: Spivas
Not to get your hopes up but mine moved to 4/28 - 5/8 this morning and a few hours later I got a text from my SA saying my VIN was assigned. Right now my EDD says 4/26 (today) - 4/30 so I am hopeful to be contacted about a delivery date this week. (I’m in Milpitas)

Hoping you get good news tomorrow.
I got a pretty similar EDD change this morning too (4/28 - 5/9) but I'm still anxiously waiting for the VIN assignment!

Reactions: Junior86 and kd8698
How quickly does the vin typically come after getting your two week window? My 2 week arrived this morning. Checked source, no vin yet.

OD: 3/12 M3LR, black, white, aero, FSD, Reno, Nevada

OG EDD: 4/30-5/28
EDD #2: 4/27-5/25
Two week window: 5/7-5/21
These EDD have been hard to figure out or even understand. I ordered the same day as you did and I'm only 2 hours from the Fremont Factory. I have my current EDD set for 5/31-7/05 and its only moved once since my OD. I really hope that I get lucky and get one before my vacations start in June or I won't be enjoying my new ride during the nice summer months. I texted my SA and he related that a certain Northern California location is expecting "A" car end of June and the rest will be coming in September. I really hope this is not true and he's just saying that to get buyers from keep on bugging him. Not to be mean but Yelp has some bad reviews that have been directed to him so fingers crossed his customer service is jut good enough to move these cars along. I heard the day I ordered my car that several buyers didn't pick up there vehicles and some guy that has a lists of people that he calls to buy the cars not picked up. I hope that's not true because those cars should be going to folks that have ordered them and waiting with the same specs.

Damn I didn’t notice the loan spreadsheet before. I accepted a Tesla Finance loan for 72 months at 2.99% which sounded low to me at the time lol. Sounds like I could’ve got 1.99% at a credit union instead. Oh well maybe I’ll refinance after a few months. 1% difference in interest rates is basically $500/year.
Do you already have your car or did you just apply for the loan? You typically have 30-45 days to rate shop multiple lenders and if you aren’t already locked in to Tesla you might be able to decline theirs still if you get a better offer.

Public Service Announcement

Please get your order details into your forum signature. If you cannot see people's forum signatures, be sure that the "Show people's signatures with their messages" option in your profile Preferences is checked. If you watch the forum on your phone, you may also have to look at the forum in landscape (wide mode).

To access your preferences, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Preferences".
To access your signature, click on your name at the top of the screen, then click on the figure with the gear, then click on "Signature".

You may not have access to some or all of these options until you have enough posts in the forums. The requirement appears to be around five.

There are plenty of examples of how people have formatted their information, so feel free to use somebody else's format or to invent your own. Any information that you provide will help avoid people repeatedly asking for it (and the answer immediately getting lost in the flow of posts here). We tend to use the available information to try to spot trends, to set expectations for newer arrivals - and to commiserate with the folks who have been waiting the longest.

I wanted to chime in because I saw some folks mention DCU. I financed my current Tesla through them and will be using them for this one as well. What I didn't see mentioned was that in addition to EV discounts on the APR, you also get a discount for maintaining direct deposit. So you can lower your APR by a whole 0.75%, which means that with their current rate of 2.24% you could get a rate of 1.49%. The rate discounts are all automatic as long as you get the direct deposit set up soon after your loan becomes active.
Was looking at their disclosures and they said the published rate of 2.24% already has the direct deposit requirement built into it. So you can still get the EV discount but seems that is it. From the site:
¹APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Rates are determined by your personal credit history, loan term, Member Benefits Level, and payment method, your rate may differ. Published rate includes a 0.50% discount given when you maintain electronic payments and Plus or Relationship benefits on your DCU checking account. Rates listed are for this product only and are subject to change at any time. Rates and terms on loans for other types of vehicles, including mobility vehicles, will differ. For refinance of a DCU loan an administrative fee may apply. Credit and collateral subject to approval.

Reactions: E90alex
Do you already have your car or did you just apply for the loan? You typically have 30-45 days to rate shop multiple lenders and if you aren’t already locked in to Tesla you might be able to decline theirs still if you get a better offer.
I don’t have the car yet but I accepted the terms which I think means that I cannot change the payment method unfortunately.

EDD update here in Atlanta: Config: - M3LR AWD - MSM- White Interior - 18" Aero Wheels - No FSD OD: 03/12/2022 EDD #1 (Jun 1 - June 29) EDD #2 (May 14 - June 18) EDD #3 (June 13- July 18) EDD #4 (May 31-June 28)
Looks like they moved you inside the second quarter delivery window. The last few weeks are going to be crazy again as they try to deliver as many as possible.