Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've been seeing a lot of odd changes with that. By that I mean we've had people that Tesla switched their pick up location and even a few that chose a location and then Tesla delivered to their home.
So basically more to come on this from Tesla even if I haven't selected a preference up front? You find out once you're in your window and they reach out to schedule delivery.

Most are completed at the center they originally chose but anything is possible. They'll provide all of that info via text, the app or if you call.
I just reached out to Tesla via the chat function on the website. The person I was chatting with said that they can't see what I chose for a delivery location, so they have to get my assigned SA to reach out to me. Kind of strange that information like that isn't available to all of their service agents.
Seems to be a huge communication disconnect within Tesla.

I’m not that tech savvy when it comes to this, how does one begin this to check the source code?
When on your order page (showing your date range), hold ctrl and press U. It should open a new tab (or window) with the source code page. Hold ctrl and press F once that opens to open the “find” menu. Then search for “insurancef” (without “”), and if you have a vin it should be listed just after the insurancef.

Thanks. I guess I will keep checking the source code. I’m using the chrome checker.

When you check with the source code, what text are you searching?
5yj or insurancef. But u can install the extension called "Tesla vin finder" on your Chrome. That will automatically find the vin itself when you load up your ordering page.

Got a phone call from Tesla yesterday afternoon confirming my delivery date of 5/24. She did tell me my car was still on the train in Alabama and if the delivery day has to be pushed back I'd be notified as soon as possible.

OD: 2/13 original EDD at time of order was April 2022
EDD 1 - was something like 5/6-6/6
EDD 2 - was something like 5/13-6/13
EDD 3 - was very briefly 6/1-6/30 - I almost threw up lol
EDD 4 - 5/13-5/27
EDD 5 - 5/17-5/20
Delivery currently set for 5/24

I just reached out to Tesla via the chat function on the website. The person I was chatting with said that they can't see what I chose for a delivery location, so they have to get my assigned SA to reach out to me. Kind of strange that information like that isn't available to all of their service agents.
Seems to be a huge communication disconnect within Tesla.
definitely inconsistent, because i replied to original text i received from tesla and they were able to tell me what service center i will be picking up from once i am assigned a delivery date.

Reactions: T-J-