Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would tesla purposely slow down production especially with such a backlog.
I can imagine that they do maintenance tasks quarterly. Perhaps at the beginning of each quarter. Perhaps reconfiguration for efficiency, updating equipment or replacing worn equipment, and so on; any kind of thing that just can't be done on a live production line. I wouldn't expect a month delay, but I could imagine some kind of a pause.

There does seem to be a wave pattern each quarter, with deliveries focusing on east coast then west coast. I assume that it's determined by the logistics of delivery, where rail to the east wants large batches, and there could be all sorts of complexities in doing truck deliveries in the west given the apparent lack of truck drivers.

Tiny push + tightening of my window this morning. 7/11-8/22 -> 7/19-8/23 (I switched from White to MSM a few days ago, this may be related to that who knows).

Not really surprised or impacted by this, my original EDD was 8/05-9/30 and I am expecting (perhaps naively) to take delivery sometime in August, so as long as that back end doesn't slide too much I don't really care.

I can imagine that they do maintenance tasks quarterly. Perhaps at the beginning of each quarter. Perhaps reconfiguration for efficiency, updating equipment or replacing worn equipment, and so on; any kind of thing that just can't be done on a live production line. I wouldn't expect a month delay, but I could imagine some kind of a pause.

There does seem to be a wave pattern each quarter, with deliveries focusing on east coast then west coast. I assume that it's determined by the logistics of delivery, where rail to the east wants large batches, and there could be all sorts of complexities in doing truck deliveries in the west given the apparent lack of truck drivers.

So, for all I know, I’m on the edge of my delivery getting pushed out, but we’ll see. Anyway, my theory on this is that it’s all about where it’s easiest to make an end-of-the-quarter push: CA. If I were working as hard as I could to bump my numbers at the end of a quarter, I’d do it where there’s the least amount of work to get something from the assembly line into a customer’s hands. Up until then, they can try to get cars into customers’ hands as many places as possible without pissing off CA folks too much. Just my $.02.

This order have been the longest anticipated car of my life, will do mine timeline after 5 post, when order on Feb 13, screen say April , so I sold my 2021 Lexus nx for a 9k profit. Then may to June, that when I found this forum, glad I did.
So I buy me a 2023 Kia Sportage, while I wait, 2 month later, finally getting a car this week, now I need to sold the Kia, but it to new that carvana and vroom ,carmax, won’t give me a price , so guess I have to wait to sell my Kia. See Tesla, we all work around you not the other way around.

Ordered 2/17/2022
Delivered 5/20/2022

Exterior: midnight silver, looks waaaay better in person, glossy with blue metallic flecks. Quality seems significantly better than my blue 2019.
Interior: white, center console definitely an upgrade over the 2019 and lover the 2 wireless phone chargers. Love the alcantara on the doors!
Suspension: seems better sorted than the 2019, softer, better over bumps.
Overall, quality feels noticeably better in the 2022, which it should. So far, after 150 miles, very glad I went with another M3 lease. Placed my order before the price increases!

Ordered 2/17/2022
Delivered 5/20/2022

Exterior: midnight silver, looks waaaay better in person, glossy with blue metallic flecks. Quality seems significantly better than my blue 2019.
Interior: white, center console definitely an upgrade over the 2019 and lover the 2 wireless phone chargers. Love the alcantara on the doors!
Overall, quality feels noticeably better in the 2022, which it should. So far, after 150 miles, very glad I went with another M3 lease. Placed my order before the price increases!
Congratulations!!! What did your EDD progression look like?

So tomorrow’s the big delivery day for me. Quick question for you all on trade-ins. I submitted my trade-in and accepted Tesla’s offer. I currently have a loan on the trade-in (which I submitted with the trade-in) that I have positive equity in which is put towards my M3. Since there’s a lien on the vehicle, BofA has the title, not me. I just want to make sure there’s nothing I need to do before tomorrow in regards to the title and all I need is the existing registration. Is that right?
As Acocpuff said, you'll most likely need a payoff letter - basically the document from the lienholder of the trade-in that verifies the current $ amount remaining on the loan. It'll say something like "expires" or "good thru" date XX/XX, since interest is still accruing on the loan.
Has anyone had a scheduled delivery and then have it get delayed/rescheduled? I’m supposed to pickup on Tuesday at noon and I’m pretty certain the car has not been received by the delivery center yet. Starting to get nervous because my 30 day window on my loan will be up in a week.
Yup. It happens.
I’m not that tech savvy when it comes to this, how does one begin this to check the source code?
On Chrome, you login to the Tesla website and navigate to your order - the one with the RN (reservation number).
Then press Ctrl + U. This will open up a new tab and the page will start filling with lines of code.
Now press Ctrl + F to start a word search.
Now enter "insurancef".
The page will move to the spot among the countless lines of code close to where your VIN will appear once you get it. It'll be a few letters to the right.
If you don't have a VIN yet, all you will see is vin: null

Ordered 2/17/2022
Delivered 5/20/2022

Another 90-ish day datapoint…

My EDD got pushed back a month yesterday and is now 8/19-9/30 😬 Oh well, more time to obsess over which floor mats to buy.

Also, does anyone know any reason why Tesla doesn't have acceleration boost as an option in the online confgurator? I don't understand why you can purchase FSD as an option but not AB, they are both software enabled features. I think it would be nice to have it preinstalled and ready to go when I pick up the car but It's not the worst thing I suppose since I can use my CC and get some skymiles for it.

Reactions: Tizzy
My EDD got pushed back a month yesterday and is now 8/19-9/30 😬 Oh well, more time to obsess over which floor mats to buy.

Also, does anyone know any reason why Tesla doesn't have acceleration boost as an option in the online confgurator? I don't understand why you can purchase FSD as an option but not AB, they are both software enabled features. I think it would be nice to have it preinstalled and ready to go when I pick up the car but It's not the worst thing I suppose since I can use my CC and get some skymiles for it.
Ha fellow Delta flyer here! You would also get spend credit towards waiving the MQD requirement for your status ;)

Reactions: IWRBR