Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checked the app this morning and saw that my home page looked different and said "Prepare for Delivery" in big bold letters at the top. Heart started racing, palms got sweaty, only to find out my financing offer had expired and I needed to renew 😄. Changed to cash and let my heart rate stabilize. Back to waiting for updates.....
Same thing happened to me yesterday but I somewhat expected it because I was working with the SA on changing to my local credit union. But they didn't tell me the screen would change so it shocked me when I pulled up my account.

Reactions: dgoodlan
FYI

While we are expected to be patient in waiting for our cars once Tesla is ready to schedule delivery Tesla has no patience with us. Do not wait to schedule your delivery!

I received my it's time to schedule delivery at 8pm on Monday night, the dates I can choose are 2 weeks out so I was making sure I could plan a day off. By 7 pm Tuesday I had received 3 texts and 3 emails reminding me.

The last text(23 hours after I was notified) I was told if I did not schedule delivery that night my order would be put on hold, my car given to someone else, and my order possibly canceled.

Like I get them wanting to move things along. But only 24 hours to schedule a delivery on a notice you receive by text? I can not imagine waiting 4 months for a car only to have it taken from you if you were busy for a day, or your phone broke/died, etc...

The premium lights are used on the Model Y so they’ll always have them around.
I would assume that the global headlights are going to go into Model Ys as well in the future. Hella probably couldn't produce enough for both Model 3 and Model Y, so Tesla just started with Model 3. Supply disruption is messing with even that. Once things are back to "normal", I expect Hella (and/or other suppliers) to crank out a metric ton of the things, allowing Tesla to transition both Model 3 and Model Y to the global headlights. After all, they were created to address various issues with headlight requirements around the world, and Model Y is the more global vehicle.
Like I get them wanting to move things along. But only 24 hours to schedule a delivery on a notice you receive by text? I can not imagine waiting 4 months for a car only to have it taken from you if you were busy for a day, or your phone broke/died, etc...
This is the world without competition.

• Informative
Reactions: M3Kat and jpaychek
FYI

While we are expected to be patient in waiting for our cars once Tesla is ready to schedule delivery Tesla has no patience with us. Do not wait to schedule your delivery!

I received my it's time to schedule delivery at 8pm on Monday night, the dates I can choose are 2 weeks out so I was making sure I could plan a day off. By 7 pm Tuesday I had received 3 texts and 3 emails reminding me.

The last text(23 hours after I was notified) I was told if I did not schedule delivery that night my order would be put on hold, my car given to someone else, and my order possibly canceled.

At least you are getting a schedule for delivery text :( I called again this morning and they are saying "end of month maybe"...been sitting at the SC since May 5

Reactions: Teleezen
FYI

They need the money badly. But this is frantic to hear and hopefully my text comes at a time when I'm surely not that busy as stuff is now. That much pressure in 24 hours is pretty tough, I think they need to reconsider their motives.

FYI

I’ve heard if you don’t show up, they consider that refusal of delivery, give your car to someone else, and move you back in line for future delivery, without canceling your order.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
It seems from reports I’ve seen the changeover happened around 259xxx up to 266xxx so far.
TESLA FACTORY FRIDAY 4:20pm

Random worker: hey boss, found another box of those old lights in that coat closet. We should set them aside for parts & service spares right?

Manager: nah, just throw them on these cars that are coming out of the paint shop now.

I'm thinking the exterior white causes a delay :( other orders with our OD have mostly June EDDs.
You're an April order. Way too early to be worried about "delays" or anything. Some of us February orders are still waiting for VINs.
I'd say for you to get excited sometime in July. 90+ days is what everyone seems to be looking at for VINs right now.

Not a fan of the texture on either. Makes them hard to clean IMO.
Makes them easier to clean. Have you ever owned a set?

Most of the time a quick vacuum is enough. If I take them out, I hose them, quick wipe with soapy sponge, rinse and they are like new. Literally 2 minutes to clean.

The 1980’s style mats the Tesla sells require a brush to clean the channels and when they get older they look dull and worn. I’ve had those style mats for decades.

The MaxPider feel so much nicer than a cheap looking plain rubber mat.

I bought the OEM Cargo mat for my X. What an absolute joke. No hinge for rear floor cover when you open it. It buckled where it bends. And the flange around the edge scraped the side walls hard when you open the cover. It was a chore to get in the rear cubby. I returned it (paid restocking fee) and got the MaxPider which is more customized for actual use than the OEM mat. I only got the OEM because MaxPider wasn’t available yet. How bad could the cargo mat be? Really bad.