Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
However the report also said the Fremont factor is temporarily going to close down production lines for maintenance over the next 2-3 weeks.
That's certainly consistent with the pattern of the beginning of a quarter being a quiet time. We see this lull at the start of each quarter, and I wouldn't at all be surprised to learn that it is a result of required factory maintenance.
That's really frustrating but I guess it makes sense as once the car is made its only a few days until delivery.
For west coast, yes. For east coast, they've gotta put them on a train, and that means batching up many vehicles. The order spreadsheet says that west coast VIN to delivery time is 1-5 days. East coast is 7-21 days.

I did some inspection of the order spreadsheet a few days ago, and last quarter Tesla got through 40 days of orders. If they do that again, they should complete roughly 24 March through 4 May, easily covering your order. With east coast orders generally delivered in the second month of the quarter (August for Q3), that lines up perfectly with your current EDD.

I wonder if Tesla will finally be able to avoid going through an end-of-quarter crunch.

That's certainly consistent with the pattern of the beginning of a quarter being a quiet time. We see this lull at the start of each quarter, and I wouldn't at all be surprised to learn that it is a result of required factory maintenance.

For west coast, yes. For east coast, they've gotta put them on a train, and that means batching up many vehicles. The order spreadsheet says that west coast VIN to delivery time is 1-5 days. East coast is 7-21 days.

I did some inspection of the order spreadsheet a few days ago, and last quarter Tesla got through 40 days of orders. If they do that again, they should complete roughly 24 March through 4 May, easily covering your order. With east coast orders generally delivered in the second month of the quarter (August for Q3), that lines up perfectly with your current EDD.

I wonder if Tesla will finally be able to avoid going through an end-of-quarter crunch.
Yeah when I said a few days it was relative lol. I'm really hoping for the August delivery as that's what I've been planning on from the start. I'm also worried as I think this will be the quarter that mobile chargers disappear from being included in the car so we'll see when that starts. Always something fun with Tesla. I can't believe they still have March orders to fill!

Good on you for the $3 discount....on a $300 item. 🤣 Seriously, I think they could have offered something a little better than a 1% discount.
(nothing against you Hiline)

Surprise!!! Turns out by writing a review I secured a discount code for a whopping … 3%! Applies to your first purchase from the store. This brings the price of a CCS1 adapter from $309 down to $300 🤑 https:// loox.io/p/Vkrq2jt92?s=lxsms

Okay, time to figure out how to read this order spreadsheet you keep talking about… do you have a link? Or do I have to search to find it?

Just restarted my clock (removed my hold) and the first estimate isn’t as bad as others have mentioned. I was expecting something crazy long and for it to be brought back in with a week or so.

OD 2/26
Hold removed 6/30
EDD 7/25-8/22
I did the same and edited my order a little bit. The EDD is sorta shocking, hopefully it readjusts soon.

OD: 11/21
Hold removed: 6/27
EDD: 11/4-1/9/23

Interest rates went up again in Canada from 5.15 late May to 5.45 in June to 6.1 in July. Bank of Canada expected to raise it another full 1% mid-July.

Every 1% is about $2K CDN extra for 60K CDN loan over 72 months. This is why waiting is brutal—it keeps getting more expensive.

I know the credit score takes a hit when getting approved—is that only for the 60 day credit approval or also for the 30 day rate hold? Timing is critical here and 60 day grace period is a lot easier than 30.

Last edited:
I was going to lock it in last week with rates at 3.74% when it seemed my delivery may be imminent. Now, who knows how high rates will be when I get my VIN. Agree with the person who said this makes the waiting more brutal.
I considered switching to a P to get ahead of it, as the price difference is minimal when multiple interest hikes and acceleration boost is accounted for. Then I found out the P is a track car and needs tires and wheels replaced, costs more on insurance, costs more to charge, etc. I found myself spending all this extra money to turn the P into a LR and nixed the idea.

We backed out of our Model Y order as at the end of the day it doesn’t make financial sense to pay $70k on a vehicle for our family. We still had our Model 3 LR order and still had the price locked in from my Feb order. We changed it to MSM exterior and are keeping the 19” sport wheels. What’s awesome is my credit union decided to go back and let me keep the rate I locked in back in May when I first got approved. $53k before TTL on a M3LR. The delivery date for me shows July 7-11 and I already have a VIN assigned.

We backed out of our Model Y order as at the end of the day it doesn’t make financial sense to pay $70k on a vehicle for our family. We still had our Model 3 LR order and still had the price locked in from my Feb order. We changed it to MSM exterior and are keeping the 19” sport wheels. What’s awesome is my credit union decided to go back and let me keep the rate I locked in back in May when I first got approved. $53k before TTL on a M3LR. The delivery date for me shows July 7-11 and I already have a VIN assigned.
When did your VIN get assigned?