Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Makes sense... I think the difference in what they'd offer me in my trade-in versus what I'd get for my car would be more than it's worth, so either way, will probably stick to selling private party...
Tesla offered me 34k for my Ford Explorer and I ended up selling it to some random dude on Facebook for 44k. No amount of tax reduction would have made up for their horrible valuation, but YMMV.

Reactions: greymatter73
Just called my local tesla dealership and no VIN yet. About to tell them where to shove that car. Between the constant date changes, watching others get their car when I ordered weeks a head of them, and a SA that is worse than useless. I have only spoke to her once and that was only after I called twice a day for a week.
My car was built Sunday and I didn't get a VIN until it was on the transport. Maybe yours is built, just waiting on the next truck.

Reactions: dannysafter
Who wants to fill in @Pheezus about the importance, consistency and accuracy of the Estimated Delivery Date (EDD)? 🤣
There is nothing so solid - every date may as well have been inscribed in stone upon the holy mountain top. Each EDD is personally approved by daddy Elon before you see it. You can start planning around it from the get go.

/s

• Funny
Reactions: JoJa15 and Ace777
Who wants to fill in @Pheezus about the importance, consistency and accuracy of the Estimated Delivery Date (EDD)? 🤣
I ordered my Y in may and got it two weeks ago. Right at 6 weeks and that’s what my EDD was showing. I ordered a model 3 on Saturday mine shows July 7-29. With my model y it moved daily and was all over the place but ended up being right on track at the end.

Reactions: Ace777
Picked up my car today in Highland Park, IL. For anyone else picking up there. A couple of tips not told to you that I learned today. The Teslas for pickup are parked in front of the building on the right side if you are looking at the Tesla front door. If you have a trade in, you can literally park in any open spot (not marked customer parking) and they will find it. Took me a bit to find my car this morning until a nice Tesla employee pointed me in the right direction. Also at least for my spouse and I, it was a touchless delivery so no one was there to make sure both people were there to sign anything. :)

Also I have found no issues other than a minor small foam piece millimeter by a millimeter sticking out of the rear door.