Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a call from Rocklin - my car is still in Fremont but they're expecting it to arrive late tonight...

I changed from home delivery to pick-up in Rocklin - partially because we don't have a driveway and I may not be available, also I want to drive it home that sounds fun.

I'm just waiting for a call from them tonight or tomorrow- I got my final docs emailed to me late last night.

Process does in fact go quickly once the VIN comes in. Contactless delivery means no pressure to do my QC check at the dealership - very nervous for graduation day (hopefully) tomorrow.

My baby has 15 miles on it (it said 14 yesterday)

LESSONS:
-EDD is a construct
-When you get an SA on the phone ASK THEM EVERYTHING because you may never hear from them again
-Never doubt the end of the Q push
-Don't believe anything until you actually see your baby
-Change your PFP to a squirrel (I got my VIN the next day)
The drive home is worth it!

My car said 15 miles but when I got it, it only had 4 on it.

Welp! Time to join the waiting game! Placed my order today 6/29 in Houston,TX for a LR Model 3, 18" wheels, and black interior.
View attachment 679402
Congrats!!! It will be a roller coaster but it is well worth it when you finally pick up the car!

While there is no scientific proof, if you add a tribute to Andrew the squirrel to your profile pic it will increase your odds of receiving the car sooner. I resisted but the day I changed my profile pic I got a VIN. Coincidence???

View attachment 679414

Home from the SC with my car, but before I post pics I had to share the wild event we witnessed while we were looking my car over. A truck was pulling in with a fresh load of M3s and hit this Dodge parked at the curb in front of the store. The wild thing is the service center folks were screaming and waving telling the guy to stop (with his window down) and he did it anyway. Not sure exactly what was going through his head, but OUCH. I felt bad for the owner and for my fellow North Carolinian who lost their new M3 today. They might repair it but that won't be quick.
Man that would suck if your car was involved in a fender bender before you even set foot in it.

Reactions: Tesconnect
I'm considering switching to a performance model since my EDD has been stuck at 7-11 weeks anyways...
but I am afraid of a potential further delay. I've seen people in Houston with late June performance orders have EDD's in late July

I'm considering switching to a performance model since my EDD has been stuck at 7-11 weeks anyways...
but I am afraid of a potential further delay. I've seen people in Houston with late June performance orders have EDD's in late July
It is not scientific but looking at the ordering spreadsheet and seeing what happened in Q2 it seemed like Performance models had preference in being delivered before the LR AWD models. You might also be able to find a Performance in Inventory with less then 50 miles i.e. just manufactured.

It is not scientific but looking at the ordering spreadsheet and seeing what happened in Q2 it seemed like Performance models had preference in being delivered before the LR AWD models. You might also be able to find a Performance in Inventory with less then 50 miles i.e. just manufactured.
yeah I've been checking existing inventory constantly. I would switch if I knew it would be faster but I'm afraid it could delay me further.... so I have no idea what to do lol

View attachment 679414

Home from the SC with my car, but before I post pics I had to share the wild event we witnessed while we were looking my car over. A truck was pulling in with a fresh load of M3s and hit this Dodge parked at the curb in front of the store. The wild thing is the service center folks were screaming and waving telling the guy to stop (with his window down) and he did it anyway. Not sure exactly what was going through his head, but OUCH. I felt bad for the owner and for my fellow North Carolinian who lost their new M3 today. They might repair it but that won't be quick.
I hope that charger was a trade in and the paperwork was already signed. This is why when I brought mines in for trade I parked right in the front where it says Tesla only parking and took up two spaces.....Here is the key move it yourself, I delivered it in perfect condition lol. Otherwise that poor soul is going to be quite upset.

Picked up today in DFW. It was just starting to rain but I got to inspect the car before it really got wet. I didn’t see anything wrong anywhere, all the alignments and gaps look perfect.

845B214A-9B19-4AB8-9CFD-2ECD894ADE6D.jpeg

I hope that charger was a trade in and the paperwork was already signed. This is why when I brought mines in for trade I parked right in the front where it says Tesla only parking and took up two spaces.....Here is the key move it yourself, I delivered it in perfect condition lol. Otherwise that poor soul is going to be quite upset.
Unfortunately I think they were just there dropping their mom off to get her Tesla. No good deed goes unpunished I guess.

Reactions: M3isforme
The first month of a quarter's production goes to Europe, so for sure it will at least be August, but most likely September I think since you are at the very end of the quarter
Can you explain where that information comes from? Not saying it's wrong, but I find it hard to believe that every single car produced for an entire month goes overseas and not a single car gets built/delivered in the US. Especially because when I ordered on 6/16 my delivery date shows 7/11-7/31 (which, as has been established numerous times, could be completely arbitrary). Tesla hasn't been consistent or seemingly fully fair in their order fulfillment, but telling me I could have my car as soon as 12 days from now if they absolutely KNOW for a fact there will be no deliveries in the US in all of July seems like a recipe for even more terrible PR.

Can you explain where that information comes from? Not saying it's wrong, but I find it hard to believe that every single car produced for an entire month goes overseas and not a single car gets built/delivered in the US. Especially because when I ordered on 6/16 my delivery date shows 7/11-7/31 (which, as has been established numerous times, could be completely arbitrary). Tesla hasn't been consistent or seemingly fully fair in their order fulfillment, but telling me I could have my car as soon as 12 days from now if they absolutely KNOW for a fact there will be no deliveries in the US in all of July seems like a recipe for even more terrible PR.

My SA told me that and also that Colorado received cars once per quarter, so no matter what time you order it's pretty much coming a certain week at the end of the quarter.

I know I've seen mentioned of similar things from other people, so while it's probably not documented somewhere it's seems to be true

• Informative
Reactions: JoJa15
My SA told me that and also that Colorado received cars once per quarter, so no matter what time you order it's pretty much coming a certain week at the end of the quarter.

I know I've seen mentioned of similar things from other people, so while it's probably not documented somewhere it's seems to be true
I tried checking the order spreadsheet to see if that is true but when I filtered by State CO it only showed three rows. So I was not able to derive anything useful from it.