Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our Blue/White is showing 1/7-1/14 No VIN
Our Black/White is showing 2/14-3/14
These orders were placed 11/24 and put on hold until 1/2

that reminds me that i need to check to make sure my order isnt on hold. I got paired immediately because they had what i ordered (white/black LR) in stock but i didnt want to take delivery so soon so i asked them to unpair me with the car, which they did. just emailed my rep to make sure my order isnt on pause.

Reactions: tstolze
About to pull trigger on a 21 LR AWD and can’t decide between white or black with the new 19” sport wheels! I’ve searched far wide for good comparison side shots of the two. Anyone received a new black LR AWD with the 19” Sport wheels willing to share?

I don't like the new 19" wheels, especially in a white car, and since my wife wanted white, I didn't order the 19s. So my take is if you're going to leave the wheels alone, and you're actually considering a black car (a deal-breaker for me nowadays, because where I live), they'd definitely look better with black IMO. Plus the black trim would blend in, so an added benefit IMO. Good luck.

Anyone willing to offer insight as to when the U.S.-built M3s will see the updated interior similar to what's been seen rolling out in other regions (e.g. China)? Specifically interested in the door updates as well as the heated steering wheel, if that's even making it into the M3.

At what point in quarter 4 did updates make it to the Tesla US website? Perhaps until US deliveries start they will hold off on making anything official.

At what point in quarter 4 did updates make it to the Tesla US website? Perhaps until US deliveries start they will hold off on making anything official.
I don't recall exactly, but it seemed to me the website wasn't updated until some of the changes were identified while the updated cars were waiting to be trucked or on trucks for transport to the ship(s) for overseas delivery.

I picked up my White M3 LR on 12/28, I was overly critical about a few minor panel gaps etc when I picked it up. Then when I went to service on 1/15, I realized just how well aligned my M3 really was compared to the Model S's, X,s and older M3's that were there for service. Most of my complaints with doors gaps, hood gaps, etc I fixed myself in one weekend watching some YouTube videos. Not giving Tesla an excuse here to not fix these quality issues but they have definitely came a long way since the M3 was released.

I picked up my White M3 LR on 12/28, I was overly critical about a few minor panel gaps etc when I picked it up. Then when I went to service on 1/15, I realized just how well aligned my M3 really was compared to the Model S's, X,s and older M3's that were there for service. Most of my complaints with doors gaps, hood gaps, etc I fixed myself in one weekend watching some YouTube videos. Not giving Tesla an excuse here to not fix these quality issues but they have definitely came a long way since the M3 was released.

Maybe I can schedule service with you after I pick up.

I ordered mine a few days ago and was pressured by the Delivery Team to apply for the loan because it’d “put me at the top of the queue”. I just found out the offer’s only valid for 60 days, which gives me until March 22nd. My order says March 1st - March 31st. Will be pretty upset if my financing offer expires.

This thread has been pretty quiet recently in regards to ETA’s, have there been updates on Model 3 delivery ETA’s for 2021?

Last edited:
I ordered mine a few days ago and was pressured by the Delivery Team to apply for the loan because it’d “put me at the top of the queue”. I just found out the offer’s only valid for 60 days, which gives me until March 22nd. My order says March 1st - March 31st. Will be pretty upset if my financing offer expires.

This thread has been pretty quiet recently in regards to ETA’s, have there been updates on Model 3 delivery ETA’s for 2021?

This is really strange. My SA recommended that I hold off on the loan application and said it was only good for 30 days and that I should wait for a vin to be assigned before applying. My estimates updates daily to whatever the present date is to March 31st.

This is really strange. My SA recommended that I hold off on the loan application and said it was only good for 30 days and that I should wait for a vin to be assigned before applying. My estimates updates daily to whatever the present date is to March 31st.

I wasn't speaking to my SA, it was the delivery team who called me. He seemed new and he couldn't even answer any of my questions because he didn't have much knowledge of the vehicle. I wish I didn't apply since I've got a hard inquiry on my credit report and will probably have to apply again. I got a really good 2.1% APR rate on the loan as well...

He seemed to really think I'd get the vehicle in February, but we'll see...

• Informative
Reactions: Jeff Davlt

We ordered last year and had our orders placed on hold until January for financial reasons, our estimate is 2/24 - 3/24.
Remember, deliveries in the US usually start on the east coast and work west once deliveries start in the US around or shortly after the middle of the quarter.