Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When did you place the order? I will be collecting my red LR AWD from the Edinburgh showroom too, but I don’t have a delivery date yet! I placed the order on the 2nd of Nov.

I ordered online on 1/9, was offered my spec from stock on 21/9 but thankfully declined (too soon for me) as I was then upgraded to the 2021 on 16/10 - super happy with my accidental timing as you might imagine.

We will be in a very small minority of red M3's, I've only seen one other in the last 3 months of travelling Scotland, as opposed to dozens of white ones.

Btw, Churchill/Direct Line gave way the best insurance quotes, barely any more than my current Skoda Karoq!

Reactions: StevehConwy
Still no update text or update of any kind post my 10/22 order. Also no response to a few attempts to contact Tesla. Hopefully I get it this year.... already sold my car and I’m driving a junker for the time being :(

Seems like an interesting process. I did get a text 2-5 weeks for LR black with black interior ordered 10/16. A friend placed his order same car on 11/9 and got the same text as me on 11/10. Located in NC.

Ordered LR AWD 10/22, delivery showing mid to end of December. I’ve been going by the showroom every few days because I’m torn between the Midnight Silver and the White (ordered MS).

I found USAA to have the cheapest Insurance after getting quotes from everyone.

Hmm really?

when I checked it was roughly about $200 for USAA insurance. I heard that tesla insurance is cheaper. have you checked?

I am still waiting for my VIN so I can plug in the numbers.

I ordered LR AWD White/ BLK Interior 10/14

Thanks for trying. Now we know.

I just check my account page for a VIN or other changes every day. I know it moves pretty fast once it shows up. I'm doing cash so they still have not requested that info yet either. After I added my insurance, it says I'm good to go until they ask for the payment info.

FYI
I just checked the Tesla web page and delivery times for new orders to OK are being estimated 4-7 weeks. Although they seem to be catching up in production, no huge change compared to us that ordered on 10/22/20

Reactions: Mark57
There are at least 4 clips on YT of 2021 SR+ being delivered in different locations including Canada. Hopefully LRs are coming soon ...
I asked my SA in Denver/Superior and I was told that maybe in a couple of weeks. TBH I don’t think they really know - at least at that location.

There are at least 4 clips on YT of 2021 SR+ being delivered in different locations including Canada. Hopefully LRs are coming soon ...
I asked my SA in Denver/Superior and I was told that maybe in a couple of weeks. TBH I don’t think they really know - at least at that location.
Yeah I just saw a 2021 SR+ near Los Angeles. It was black. IT LOOKS VERY NICE!

I hope Tesla ships out LR white soon. I've been waiting for 1 month and no VIN yet.

I ordered online on 1/9, was offered my spec from stock on 21/9 but thankfully declined (too soon for me) as I was then upgraded to the 2021 on 16/10 - super happy with my accidental timing as you might imagine

We will be in a very small minority of red M3's, I've only seen one other in the last 3 months of travelling Scotland, as opposed to dozens of white ones.

Btw, Churchill/Direct Line gave way the best insurance quotes, barely any more than my current Skoda Karoq!
I ordered online on 1/9, was offered my spec from stock on 21/9 but thankfully declined (too soon for me) as I was then upgraded to the 2021 on 16/10 - super happy with my accidental timing as you might imagine.

Thanks for the useful tip! I’ve not seen many red M3s either.

Please post an update once you receive your car. I am super-excited!

Ordered my M3 LR on 13th Oct, but on the 26th Oct I changed the colour from white to Midnight Silver I was told I would now get my car in December.

Got a text last week to say I am now matched to a car, but can't see my VIN etc...

I read elsewhere on this forum that cars from China have a poorer battery than those from Fremont. hope I don't get a Chinese one with a poorer battery...

M3 LR AWD in white ordered 13th October 2020 in the UK
Will be getting it wrapped in a different colour post delivery
Confirmed by Tesla that I have a 2021 M VIN and it is a refreshed model

No delivery date thus far, except verbally told by Tesla "late November"

In similar fashion, i order exact same M3 in white with black interior.
I too was also confirmed for the new 2021, soooo excited and blessed to get these additional features.
Last week i got a text (as they say on Love Island) to say a car has been matched to my order, woohoo!
Expect it will be Dec based on chats with advisors (initially they had told me Nov).

2020 SR+ owner here. Just ordered a 2021 Long Range AWD, Pearl White, Aero Wheels, Black Interior. States a 12/13 - 12/31 delivery window. Hope so! I have financing in place and its ready now. HA! Also, submitted my trade in via my account prior to the order. Came back decent. Hoping it sticks once I upload the pics, etc in the account.

2020 SR+ owner here. Just ordered a 2021 Long Range AWD, Pearl White, Aero Wheels, Black Interior. States a 12/13 - 12/31 delivery window. Hope so! I have financing in place and its ready now. HA! Also, submitted my trade in via my account prior to the order. Came back decent. Hoping it sticks once I upload the pics, etc in the account.

What did they offer you?

I just sold my white ext, black int, aero wheels 2019 SR+ (with no FSD) for $36K private party.

I’m getting similar car to you - LR AWD, white on white, with Aeros. And of course, I plan on buying acceleration boost!