Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine's pushed to 3/31-3/31. However, I am trying to remain hopeful it'll still happen this month. My local SC (Columbus, OH) shows a few inventory LR AWD, including a basic build matching mine (White, Black interior, Aero wheels). I spoke through the chat yesterday to see if they were actually in inventory, and if so why wouldn't it be match to me or someone else with the same order. They confirmed they are pre-production and no VIN assigned to those yet. This is purely my speculation, but my HOPE is that there is still a batch of M3's coming to my SC as well as some surrounding (Cleveland, Cinci, Pittsburgh, etc.) and, as we've all read, if they produce these in batches and match as they ship. Perhaps that means existing orders for these configurations are covered and there are a couple extras they're hoping to sell. So I'm hoping that means by the end of the month I'll be able to pickup my M3, and those of you in this area who have matching configurations shown in "existing inventory" will as well.

Of course, I could be way off, and these could be planned for a future batch in June, but any glimmer of hope is enough for me!

Did they just randomly call and match you?
Kind of. I noticed a pre-production car that was identical to my build yesterday. By the time I got ahold of someone to try and match with it, the car disappeared from the website. The guy that helped me out with that called me back this morning and said he found one like mine and was going to match it with me. It was honestly just the St. Louis salesman going above and beyond. He called me an hour ago and told me he would send me an email to confirm it went through, but I still have not seen one. I am tempted to call but do not want to harass him in case there is just a delay.

I’m annoyed at the lack of information. But several of you seem to think you won’t get cars this quarter. Am I missing something? My SA keeps telling me my car will show up by the end of the month. Most of the east coasters on the spreadsheet now have VINs, and it’s rolling west. Looking at last quarter on this thread, it seems like everyone who timely ordered an LR received it by the first week of January. There are tons of cars (possibly pre-assembly) listed on existing inventory. It seems pretty clear we’ll get our cars, and there’s no reason to worry?

I’m annoyed at the lack of information. But several of you seem to think you won’t get cars this quarter. Am I missing something? My SA keeps telling me my car will show up by the end of the month. Most of the east coasters on the spreadsheet now have VINs, and it’s rolling west. Looking at last quarter on this thread, it seems like everyone who timely ordered an LR received it by the first week of January. There are tons of cars (possibly pre-assembly) listed on existing inventory. It seems pretty clear we’ll get our cars, and there’s no reason to worry?

defeatism in this thread. folks are cracking under the pressure.

my delivery dates are Mar. 19th-29th. I'm guessing I will actually take delivery sometime in the 24th - 31st window.

My delivery window just disappeared as well. Went from 19-27 back to 3-6 weeks. I'm sure it'll show up eventually. I suppose what's hard for me is my "tin foil hat" tendency to assume that people are calling SAs and complaining and my VIN keeps getting assigned to other people who complain more and mine keeps getting pushed back. But, I know that's not probably true

I think it's pretty concrete that west coast is gonna be the last week of the month like it has been in every quarter before it. It's easy to get caught up in the anticipation but there's a pretty big gulf between a delivery window slipping or changing days vs planning to make an alternate purchase or uninstall charging equipment.

They need to sell every car they make every quarter they're gonna be putting butts in seats before 11:59pm on the 31st. Swapping VINs or trying to get attached to cars that are randomly popping up in pre-production lots seems like it'd do more to hamper progress than help.

Hang in there fellas. I didn't contact my SA at all after I applied for financing. I got a VIN, a delivery window and a date that got pushed forward. Big deep breaths. We're all gonna get cars and they're all gonna be perfect and for the stress you guy in the West Coast will get some kind of bonus, even if it's only supercharger miles. We're in the home stretch and in 2 weeks none of us will care that we didn't have a gps tracker on the car every step of the way.