Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PDX metro area. Ordered 2/7, white/black/18's. EDD yesterday was Mar. 20th - 29th, now this morning its showing "4-8 weeks from order date" which I used to think was a bad sign, however it seems like some folks have reported their EDD reverting back to "X weeks" just prior to them getting VINs? Can any of you recently VIN'ed folks confirm/deny that for me?!?

... maybe today is the day?

... probably not...

PDX metro area. Ordered 2/7, white/black/18's. EDD yesterday was Mar. 20th - 29th, now this morning its showing "4-8 weeks from order date" which I used to think was a bad sign, however it seems like some folks have reported their EDD reverting back to "X weeks" just prior to them getting VINs? Can any of you recently VIN'ed folks confirm/deny that for me?!?

... probably not...
FWIW, I woke up yesterday to it saying "2 to 4 weeks from order date". Around mid-day it changed to a date range (03/20-27). This morning I woke up to a VIN, and the date shifted slightly to 03/23-29.

Man all us Pacific Northwesterners are just left waiting. It seems even the California folks are getting VINs prior to us.
Not all of us in Cali. No VIN yet. Ordered in Jan, EDD 3/20-3/27 and moving out each day. I made an appointment for electrician to install wall connector on 3/26 thinking I would have the car first so I can fine tune the charger location. I might have the charger installed first. Back to hitting F5 while pretending to stay focused on work.

Reactions: Jeff Davlt

... probably not...
My delivery date was changed between date range to week range numerous times before I got the VIN. I don’t think it has any correlation with VIN assignment.

Still no VIN in Phoenix :/

2/4 Ordered
2/18 4 - 8 weeks from order placed date (I didn't record all the different days this appeared)
2/25 3/9 - 29
3/3 3/6 - 24
3/4 3/9 - 29
3/6 3/9 - 21
3/7 3/10 - 29
3/8 3/11 - 30
3/9 3/12 - 30
3/10 3/13 - 30
3/11 3/14 - 31
3/13 3/16 - 28
3/14 3/17 - 28
3/14 3/17 - 29
3/15 3/18 - 29
3/16 3/19 - 29
3/17 3/20 - 28
3/18 3/21 - 31

My delivery date was changed between date range to week range numerous times before I got the VIN. I don’t think it has any correlation with VIN assignment.

oh yeah, mine has flipped between dates and week ranges probably 6-8 times throughout the process, however a few folks in my area have reported they reverted from date ranges to X weeks and within 24hrs or so of that happening they received VINs. Most every other time I have seen the same changes as others, either getting a date range or X weeks as they changed for everyone else. However, this time, I did not revert to X weeks when they did, and I do not yet have my VIN. Not sure if its just "noise" or if something more along the lines of production milestones throwing off the algorithm and if it is unable to compute a date it reverts to X weeks.

EDD has been changing everyday on the low end (i.e. always 2 days ahead of current day) but the end date was holding steady since last week. Ending on 3/28. Late yesterday it changed to 3/20-3/27. My hopes were peaked. Today it is 3/20-3/29.... first time the end date has moved back in a little while. Still no VIN. Being only 4 hours away from Fremont has it's disadvantages I guess.

Ordered 2/14
Wht/blk 18"

oh yeah, mine has flipped between dates and week ranges probably 6-8 times throughout the process, however a few folks in my area have reported they reverted from date ranges to X weeks and within 24hrs or so of that happening they received VINs. Most every other time I have seen the same changes as others, either getting a date range or X weeks as they changed for everyone else. However, this time, I did not revert to X weeks when they did, and I do not yet have my VIN. Not sure if its just "noise" or if something more along the lines of production milestones throwing off the algorithm and if it is unable to compute a date it reverts to X weeks.
That’s was the case with me. It kept going back and forth between date range and weeks range. At some point I got the VIN

So after mining the order tracking spreadsheet a bit it appears that the local (west coast) deliveries recently have been colors and configurations other than the basic white exterior/black interior/aero wheels. My guess based on this is that the Fremont factory alternates between doing the vanilla configuration and the custom variants. Does anyone here have any insight into how the factory might actually schedule paint colors for example? I can only imagine that they cannot alternate color production throughout the day and have to setup and run a series of cars of the same color in a batch. If my theory is correct then we should be seeing VINs for common colors/config is groups. There seemed to be a bunch of MSM recently. Is pearl white next????