Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just to update everyone: got my Tesla today, and it's the first time I've ever driven a Tesla. Took me a bit before really getting the hang of it, definitely changed the handling to "roll" to more mimic traditional manual transmission cars I am used to.

I am really enjoying the face melting acceleration. I don't even see the need for the $2000 "acceleration boost" option. All the money saved on gas will definitely be put back into wheels/tires hahaha

Order 4/1, available 5/31, picked up 6/2.

8 longest weeks ever hahaha. At least it wasn't 13...

I GOT A VIN!

But not through the normal methods :) I happened upon a black/white Model Y available in new inventory in Los Angeles and since I was on the edge of 3/y anyway I ended up going for the Y. It has 7 seats and a trailer hitch, which is great. Once I placed the order, I immediately had to accept the teslavision and received my VIN. only 5am, so I'm going to be hitting up my SA as quick as possible to see if I can get a delivery date.

My model 3 order is going on hold in case I wont to sell my Y and get a 3 sometime in the future.

Good luck everyone!
How do you put your 3 on hold? What does putting on hold mean? Is it a way to lock in your purchase price but delay delivery of the vehicle? Sorry for all the questions, just considering doing a similar thing.

How do you put your 3 on hold? What does putting on hold mean? Is it a way to lock in your purchase price but delay delivery of the vehicle? Sorry for all the questions, just considering doing a similar thing.
I just asked my SA to put it on hold, so my order exists still and it shows in my account as:

Your delivery is on hold​

With a button that says "I'm Ready!" It will hold you with the current price you ordered at, and you don't lose your $100 deposit. Whenever you're ready, you can proceed and get assigned a vin.

No problem with questions, ask away. Happy to answer what I can.

Reactions: JoJa15
Agreed. EVs in general are great, but there’s something about Tesla. They get it, while most of the major automakers are, at best, just starting to.
I’m replacing a Bolt that GM repurchased due to the battery issues. The supercharger network was a very big selling point, as was the fast charging speed. Even here in NY, DCFC exists but they’re few and far between. Many only have 1-2 stalls installed. When I did fast charge the Bolt, it wasn’t terribly fast. The Bolt only fast charges at 55kW, a number that for some stupid reason hasn’t increased with the upcoming 2022 refresh and the EUV.
Hi from another Bolt buyback refugee. There‘s a lot to like about the Bolt, but ultimately we’ve both ended up here which says it all.

Reactions: BLGranucci
Just to update everyone: got my Tesla today, and it's the first time I've ever driven a Tesla. Took me a bit before really getting the hang of it, definitely changed the handling to "roll" to more mimic traditional manual transmission cars I am used to.

I am really enjoying the face melting acceleration. I don't even see the need for the $2000 "acceleration boost" option. All the money saved on gas will definitely be put back into wheels/tires hahaha

1 foot driving was grossly superior to the other options when I did my test drive prior to ordering... I found out, during my back to back test drives on a M3 and a MY back in April that chill mode blows, hold is the way, and the LR is darn quick, but there is room for improvement.

As to the acceleration boost, mine will have that before I leave the lot tomorrow. But, I used to own corvettes, which to be fair, the LR M3 would trounce soundly from a dig, and have a bit of a "need for speed".

Give yourself a couple weeks to get used to the face melting acceleration. At some point your sense of speed will adjust and that face melting acceleration will seem normal. :)

I used to race cars and during that time period everything seemed so slow to me on regular streets/highway driving. It is funny how the mind can adjust to things.

I just asked my SA to put it on hold, so my order exists still and it shows in my account as:

Your delivery is on hold​

With a button that says "I'm Ready!" It will hold you with the current price you ordered at, and you don't lose your $100 deposit. Whenever you're ready, you can proceed and get assigned a vin.

No problem with questions, ask away. Happy to answer what I can.
That is perfect! Did you put it on hold before you got a VIN?

1622685087660.png

Ordered April 15th, Got VIN Friday, pick up scheduled for tomorrow.

I must say the whole experience has been quite different from every other vehicle I've purchased thus far.

Blue AWD/black interior, Aero wheels.

The rollercoaster on delivery dates has been a source of much gnashing of teeth and hair turning gray and falling out so far. But, on the plus side, I installed the wall connector (myself), got floor mats and other accessories in my hands already, so I'm ready to make the car mine as soon as I get it home after work.

I have mixed opinions on my Sales Advisor though... Hell of a nice guy, but follow-up on emails and keeping me in the loop has been spotty at best.
I got my VIN last Friday as well, picking up in Eden Prairie. I ordered white/black/18/no FSD on 4/16 and haven't heard anything from anyone yet. Did you call after you got a VIN and they say, oh yeah it's here! Do you think it's worth calling an advisor to see if it's there and ready and they just haven't forgotten or are being lazy?

The website said EDD May 31st to June 4th last Saturday so I expected a text/call by Monday or Tuesday, but every day I checked the dates kept moving further out by one day. Now it just says 7-10 weeks... SMH. It's been frustrating to have dates swing around all over the place. Makes timing and planning a ride there impossible! I live over an hour away so it's not exactly convenient to just pop in and check quick.

Reactions: masaokun and JoJa15
Give yourself a couple weeks to get used to the face melting acceleration. At some point your sense of speed will adjust and that face melting acceleration will seem normal. :)

I used to race cars and during that time period everything seemed so slow to me on regular streets/highway driving. It is funny how the mind can adjust to things.
Yeah, my other car is a Nissan Frontier truck, so I'm really enjoying this.

First things

1. Gonna wash and de-iron the paint when I get home
2. Emailed local race car alignment joint everyone recommends to get an appointment
3. Gonna install PPF film on the car this weekend