Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was heading down the 5 South this morning to get to a client. As I got just south of Downtown LA, I saw a truck loaded with brand spanking new Model 3's. Most were white, a couple MSM, and one red. This was around 7:00am this morning. For those of you who ordered in So Cal, this truck looked to be heading down to Buena Park perhaps?

On a separate note, it's been a little less than a week since I took delivery of my M3. It's even better today than when I first got it. I love the technology in it. Getting my car ceramic tinted right at this moment.

FINALLY got confirmation on my appointment! They couldn't promise any time window for home delivery, so I opted for Noon tomorrow to pick it up! Such a HUGE weight off my shoulders! They said if it shows up earlier they'd let me know and I'd be able to pick it up today. Judging by the whole experience, I'm not holding my breath on that, so will just plan on tomorrow!

FINALLY got confirmation on my appointment! They couldn't promise any time window for home delivery, so I opted for Noon tomorrow to pick it up! Such a HUGE weight off my shoulders! They said if it shows up earlier they'd let me know and I'd be able to pick it up today. Judging by the whole experience, I'm not holding my breath on that, so will just plan on tomorrow!
Did you talk to your SA for that? I'm home tomorrow but totally unavailable for one hour in the day- and knowing my luck it'll show up in that window... I would rather pick up

Reactions: JoJa15
Congrats!!! The wait is almost over!

Just got a call from Rocklin - my car is still in Fremont but they're expecting it to arrive late tonight...

I changed from home delivery to pick-up in Rocklin - partially because we don't have a driveway and I may not be available, also I want to drive it home that sounds fun.

I'm just waiting for a call from them tonight or tomorrow- I got my final docs emailed to me late last night.

Process does in fact go quickly once the VIN comes in. Contactless delivery means no pressure to do my QC check at the dealership - very nervous for graduation day (hopefully) tomorrow.

My baby has 15 miles on it (it said 14 yesterday)

LESSONS:
-EDD is a construct
-When you get an SA on the phone ASK THEM EVERYTHING because you may never hear from them again
-Never doubt the end of the Q push
-Don't believe anything until you actually see your baby
-Change your PFP to a squirrel (I got my VIN the next day)

Last edited:
Just got a call from Rocklin - my car is still in Fremont but they're expecting it to arrive late tonight...

I changed from home delivery to pick-up in Rocklin - partially because we don't have a driveway and I may not be available, also I want to drive it home that sounds fun.

I'm just waiting for a call from them tonight or tomorrow- I got my final docs emailed to me late last night.

Process does in fact go quickly once the VIN comes in. Contactless delivery means no pressure to do my QC check at the dealership - very nervous for graduation day (hopefully) tomorrow.

LESSONS:
-EDD is a construct
-When you get an SA on the phone ASK THEM EVERYTHING because you may never hear from them again
-Change you PFP to a squirrel (I got my VIN the next day)

I don't think that 15 miles is real, mine said 15 also but when I picked it up at the SC it had 3

Did you talk to your SA for that? I'm home tomorrow but totally unavailable for one hour in the day- and knowing my luck it'll show up in that window... I would rather pick up
Yea - he said I could choose an "all day window" tomorrow or guarantee pick-up at Noon tomorrow. Not taking anything to chance and potentially miss the drop-off myself as well!

LESSONS:
-EDD is a construct
-Change you PFP to a squirrel (I got my VIN the next day)
Same here! I'm still planning on bringing my checklist with me to do a quick once-over and will go over it with a fine-tooth comb when I get home where there won't be any pressure to hurry up and get it off the lot!

Even though I've got under 24 hours to go, all the misery since order date of watching the EDD move around is finally starting to feel like it's a thing of the past!

Yea - he said I could choose an "all day window" tomorrow or guarantee pick-up at Noon tomorrow. Not taking anything to chance and potentially miss the drop-off myself as well!

Same here! I'm still planning on bringing my checklist with me to do a quick once-over and will go over it with a fine-tooth comb when I get home where there won't be any pressure to hurry up and get it off the lot!

Even though I've got under 24 hours to go, all the misery since order date of watching the EDD move around is finally starting to feel like it's a thing of the past!
Right? It'll be one month nearly exactly for me and felt like one year - did you purchase your graduation cap and gown yet?