Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does your order page show home delivery? I talked to someone at my SC yesterday and clarified that I wanted home delivery or whatever gets my butt in the drivers seat the fastest, but my order page shows it’s being delivered to the SC… I’m so confused! To top it off, the person I talked to said to not expect delivery until the 30th, even though my order page still says it’s today between 9am and 6pm! The suspense is killing me!
Home delivery is them driving your car to you and then Ubering back to the SC. i don't know why I expected them to deliver in a flatbed or the carriers. Meant my car had 13 miles when i received it instead of like 5.

Finally picked up the car yesterday at the Dublin, CA service center.
All Tesla needed was a tracking number from DCU to confirm that the check was on its way, and we were ready to pick it up.
Car looks great and didn't see any obvious flaws. Weird that they wanted me to mail the DMV paperwork via FedEx instead of me just dropping it off in the office at the SC.

Ordered - 5/26
Model 3 LR. White / Black. 18" Aero wheels. No FSD.
VIN Received - 6/25
Car picked up - 6/28

Gonna get the homelink module installed on 7/1.

Welp! Time to join the waiting game! Placed my order today 6/29 in Houston,TX for a LR Model 3, 18" wheels, and black interior.
1624997922226.png

All Tesla needed was a tracking number from DCU to confirm that the check was on its way, and we were ready to pick it up.
Car looks great and didn't see any obvious flaws. Weird that they wanted me to mail the DMV paperwork via FedEx instead of me just dropping it off in the office at the SC.

Ordered - 5/26
VIN Received - 6/25
Car picked up - 6/28

Congratulations!!! Could you please describe how the process/steps work/s with DCU. I have been preapproved for a loan with DCU, but they need PO with Vin Number. If Tesla asks for pick up in next 1-3 days does DCU act fast enough.. also are they open on weekends? In my Tesla order it is showing as Cash payment. What would you recommend I do? My EDD is set to July 9 - 29 (which probably does not mean anything till a VIN is matched to my order).

To add insult to injury, I am supposed to be overseas July 7 to 14. My SA knows and has acknowledged my messages that I will be out during the 7 day window. He claims the Vin match will occur around 7/15 and delivery upto a week after. However, I am not sure if that will hold true. Just hoping they dont send me a text on July 7 asking me to pick up the car on July 9 or 10. In that case, I will have tough time reaching DCU and impossible to pick up car since I will be back in the States on 14. Keeping fingers crossed.

Reactions: PsyD
Got a text from Tesla this morning saying to contact the SC, Carlsbad CA, to go over details of my pickup for tomorrow. I called right away and spoke to a very nice SA who, after looking up my car, said it is coming in tomorrow and he asked if I could move the appointment from 11:30 to 2:30 to make sure the car is ready when I get there. No problem! I'm just glad it was only 3 hours later and not the dreaded, oh we have a problem...

Congratulations!!! Could you please describe how the process/steps work/s with DCU. I have been preapproved for a loan with DCU, but they need PO with Vin Number. If Tesla asks for pick up in next 1-3 days does DCU act fast enough.. also are they open on weekends? In my Tesla order it is showing as Cash payment. What would you recommend I do? My EDD is set to July 9 - 29 (which probably does not mean anything till a VIN is matched to my order).

To add insult to injury, I am supposed to be overseas July 7 to 14. My SA knows and has acknowledged my messages that I will be out during the 7 day window. He claims the Vin match will occur around 7/15 and delivery upto a week after. However, I am not sure if that will hold true. Just hoping they dont send me a text on July 7 asking me to pick up the car on July 9 or 10. In that case, I will have tough time reaching DCU and impossible to pick up car since I will be back in the States on 14. Keeping fingers crossed.
So, I was pretty confused about the process too but in the end it was pretty seamless.

Originally, my order was set to be paid by cash. I got my VIN on Friday (6/25) in the evening at about 6 PM. I went to a Tesla store on Saturday morning as soon as they opened and I was able to get someone there to change the payment to a loan from DCU.
That generated a new MVPA with all the required information for DCU, within about 10 minutes of them making the update.

I uploaded the MVPA on Saturday morning and spoke to DCU. They accepted the docs but said they'd only be able to generate the final loan docs on Monday (6/28).
I originally asked them to send the check to me so that I could present it to Tesla, when I pick up the car but on Monday (6/28) morning, Tesla called me and said they just need a tracking number and the images of the front and back of the check from DCU.

So, as soon as I got my loan docs signed on Monday, I asked DCU to send me photos of the check and the tracking number. They sent it to me at about 1 PM PDT.
I shared this information with Tesla and was able to pick up the car at about 4:30PM PDT.

DCU is usually open on Saturdays until 3PM EDT.
The biggest pain point with DCU was actually getting hold of someone to talk to. I had to call them and sometimes wait for about 1.5 hours to get hold of a person to talk to. That was frustrating. Their call back feature doesn't seem to work all the time.

Personally, I felt like the SAs have no real idea about the delivery dates themselves although some folks on this forum have had really good SAs.
I hope you can make it for a delivery in time without any issues. Good luck!

Ordered - 5/26
VIN Received - 6/25
Car picked up - 6/28

That is weird maybe because of the delivery time crunch? We did the paperwork in the SC both times we picked up from there.

So, I was pretty confused about the process too but in the end it was pretty seamless.

Originally, my order was set to be paid by cash. I got my VIN on Friday (6/25) in the evening at about 6 PM. I went to a Tesla store on Saturday morning as soon as they opened and I was able to get someone there to change the payment to a loan from DCU.
That generated a new MVPA with all the required information for DCU, within about 10 minutes of them making the update.

I uploaded the MVPA on Saturday morning and spoke to DCU. They accepted the docs but said they'd only be able to generate the final loan docs on Monday (6/28).
I originally asked them to send the check to me so that I could present it to Tesla, when I pick up the car but on Monday (6/28) morning, Tesla called me and said they just need a tracking number and the images of the front and back of the check from DCU.

So, as soon as I got my loan docs signed on Monday, I asked DCU to send me photos of the check and the tracking number. They sent it to me at about 1 PM PDT.
I shared this information with Tesla and was able to pick up the car at about 4:30PM PDT.

DCU is usually open on Saturdays until 3PM EDT.
The biggest pain point with DCU was actually getting hold of someone to talk to. I had to call them and sometimes wait for about 1.5 hours to get hold of a person to talk to. That was frustrating. Their call back feature doesn't seem to work all the time.

Personally, I felt like the SAs have no real idea about the delivery dates themselves although some folks on this forum have had really good SAs.
I hope you can make it for a delivery in time without any issues. Good luck!
Thank you for the write up.. i have had the call back in 15 mins when I tried to reach them once. I hope you enjoy the vehicle and have great memories with it.

Reactions: dragon_maester
tempImage0nH8c5.jpg

Home from the SC with my car, but before I post pics I had to share the wild event we witnessed while we were looking my car over. A truck was pulling in with a fresh load of M3s and hit this Dodge parked at the curb in front of the store. The wild thing is the service center folks were screaming and waving telling the guy to stop (with his window down) and he did it anyway. Not sure exactly what was going through his head, but OUCH. I felt bad for the owner and for my fellow North Carolinian who lost their new M3 today. They might repair it but that won't be quick.

View attachment 679414

Home from the SC with my car, but before I post pics I had to share the wild event we witnessed while we were looking my car over. A truck was pulling in with a fresh load of M3s and hit this Dodge parked at the curb in front of the store. The wild thing is the service center folks were screaming and waving telling the guy to stop (with his window down) and he did it anyway. Not sure exactly what was going through his head, but OUCH. I felt bad for the owner and for my fellow North Carolinian who lost their new M3 today. They might repair it but that won't be quick.
Ouch! Not good.