Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m paying for the the PPF to prevent rock chips and minor to medium scratches.

Ceramic isn’t really about paint protection in the same way. It’s more about making it easier to keep clean and improving a lasting shine. It’s the equivalent of wax but better and longer lasting. I like to keep a clean car so this is worth it to me.

We made an appointment for PPF/ceramic after having an incident where bird droppings left a mark on the hood of our Model 3. It happened while out running errands. We cleaned it off as soon as we got home. The bird droppings seem to have etched the clear coat/paint just a bit. It was about the size of a dime and you had to get at the right angle in the light to see it...but it bothered us.

The next day we waxed the car, and if the wax did help the mark it was subtle. We're older and retired now...it's been a long time since I waxed a car. And I didn't enjoy it. So the ceramic will help a lot there.

We had already been thinking about window tinting...and it's included in the package we got. The hardest part will be being without our Tesla for the 7 to 10 days it'll be in the shop!

Reactions: id436eg9045
Tesla out here giving me the biggest tease ever this morning...BUT I did notice my delivery estimate went from 7-11 weeks to July 7-27, and I only ordered yesterday!

1625056169910.png

Today’s graduation day for a lot of us! Looking forward to the other side of this long journey to finally culminate with me driving off the lot and punching it on the freeway! Pickup is at Noon, so I obviously had to take the afternoon off of work! Next is to figure out what to name it… figure the name will come in due time! :cool:

And for those of you who are just now starting the EDD journey - I wish you all luck and, always remember - NEVER TRUST YOUR EDD!

I'm confused.....if you didn't order until 6/27 why did you need to confirm the change from radar to vision? From Tesla Support:

"Beginning with deliveries in May 2021, Model 3 and Model Y vehicles built for the North American market will no longer be equipped with radar. Instead, these will be the first Tesla vehicles to rely on camera vision and neural net processing to deliver Autopilot, Full-Self Driving and certain active safety features. Customers who ordered before May 2021 and will receive a car with Tesla Vision will be notified of the change in their Tesla Account prior to delivery."

It doesn't make sense to me that they would make you confirm the change when they haven't offered radar since before May. 🤔
Yes, ordered 6/27. No idea why I got the confirmation prompt, it just popped up and after confirming the VIN was assigned and delivery date went to 6/30 - 7/5.

• Informative
Reactions: JoJa15
About 250 miles on the car since Monday, I'm starting to get really comfortable with the way it drives. The only thing i'm still adjusting to is the size of the car and i'm still trying to "feel" where the right side of the car is when pulling up next to a curb. The seating position is super comfortable as well as the seats. I absolutely enjoy using one pedal driving.

My favorite feature so far is setting the A/C on before i go to my car on lunch and have it be nice and cool, then watching some Hulu/Netflix. I'm still waiting on a response from Tesla to see if they can fix the dent i spotted once i got home.

About 250 miles on the car since Monday, I'm starting to get really comfortable with the way it drives. The only thing i'm still adjusting to is the size of the car and i'm still trying to "feel" where the right side of the car is when pulling up next to a curb. The seating position is super comfortable as well as the seats. I absolutely enjoy using one pedal driving.

My favorite feature so far is setting the A/C on before i go to my car on lunch and have it be nice and cool, then watching some Hulu/Netflix. I'm still waiting on a response from Tesla to see if they can fix the dent i spotted once i got home.
The one thing I haven't enjoyed about my current M3 is that the visibility, in the mirrors and from the driver's seat to the sides, is not good. I have a lot of curb rash from early on, until I got used to it. Just be aware that compared to a lot of other vehicles, it's hard to know exactly where the curb is in your M3.

One pedal driving is the bomb, though.

The one thing I haven't enjoyed about my current M3 is that the visibility, in the mirrors and from the driver's seat to the sides, is not good. I have a lot of curb rash from early on, until I got used to it. Just be aware that compared to a lot of other vehicles, it's hard to know exactly where the curb is in your M3.

Might be time for you to get some wide angle side mirrors. Replace the stock auto dimming glass with wide angle side mirrors. Those will help you capture the sides of the car more clearly.

Reactions: Fraz and Ace777

The mirrors are weird for me too. Coming from a car with big mirrors where i could see a lot, this feels weird haha. I'm sure with time i'll get used to it.

Reactions: es06m3lrawd
The mirrors are weird for me too. Coming from a car with big mirrors where i could see a lot, this feels weird haha. I'm sure with time i'll get used to it.
I agree the visibility out the side/back is not as great. I am coming from a Subaru Outback though which had large rear windows and big side mirrors.

One way to test the edges of your car is while driving on the freeway (and with no cars around you) move the car towards another lane (not oncoming lane) until you feel the reflector dots hitting the tires. That is a good way to learn where the edge of the tires are with relation to your view out the front.

The only weird thing for me is being on Autopilot and the car wanting to dart into a turn off lane. It will do a quick jab towards it and then jab back to the right direction. It can be a little jarring. I am still learning it.

I agree the visibility out the side/back is not as great. I am coming from a Subaru Outback though which had large rear windows and big side mirrors.

One way to test the edges of your car is while driving on the freeway (and with no cars around you) move the car towards another lane (not oncoming lane) until you feel the reflector dots hitting the tires. That is a good way to learn where the edge of the tires are with relation to your view out the front.

The only weird thing for me is being on Autopilot and the car wanting to dart into a turn off lane. It will do a quick jab towards it and then jab back to the right direction. It can be a little jarring. I am still learning it.
I'm coming from an Outback too haha

The visibility out the back isn't great but it's definitely better than the Y, that was one of the major sticking points on the Y for me.

Oh, and you warm weather people are lucky you even have reflectors

I came from a Jeep Grand Cherokee

These are all great pieces of information - I come from a small commuter car background so this is going to be quite an adjustment on that front...

I'm worried about trying to park in busy midtown spots - I thought if you turn on your signal the side cameras activate so you can see blind spots?

Might be time for you to get some wide angle side mirrors. Replace the stock auto dimming glass with wide angle side mirrors. Those will help you capture the sides of the car more clearly.
Although I know blind spot mirrors aren't NEEDED especially if mirrors are properly adjusted, I still find them helpful.

I bought these adjustable stick on mirrors (Liberrway - $8) for now, but also considering these replacement mirrors (Suma - $160).

Reactions: es06m3lrawd