Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shifted a bit for me.

Ordered 6/29, initial estimate was 7/07-7/27 (which already seemed extremely optimistic to me)

Then went to 07/14-08/03, and now 07/17-08/04. At least it shortened by two days? Maybe nearing production finally lol. My friend that leased a LR White Model 3 in San Antonio told me his EDD would slowly get narrower and narrower and then he got a VIN posted.

I'm in the Houston, Texas area.

Interesting fact. I ordered a SR+ for my wife on June 16th and as of this morning the EDD is August 14th - September 13th. Yesterday is said 9-13 weeks. I also ordered myself a LR model 4 days ago and the EDD on that model is July 25th-August 14th. Yesterday it was at 7-11 weeks. I am not sure how Tesla's algorithm works but this indicates to me that they are prioritizing LR models over SR+ models at the beginning of the quarter.

Interesting fact. I ordered a SR+ for my wife on June 16th and as of this morning the EDD is August 14th - September 13th. Yesterday is said 9-13 weeks. I also ordered myself a LR model 4 days ago and the EDD on that model is July 25th-August 14th. Yesterday it was at 7-11 weeks. I am not sure how Tesla's algorithm works but this indicates to me that they are prioritizing LR models over SR+ models at the beginning of the quarter.
I think they do. I read somewhere on this thread they prioritize LR/Performance cars, then ones with FSD, and then the SR+ cars.

My EDD is now July 19-August 8. Interesting that July 19th is the start of the range for several of us, but the end date varies.
Makes me wonder if there is a production run that's designated to filling US orders. I know some posters here have noted that in the past the first month (or two?) of a quarter went to overseas orders but that that's changed to some extent. Maybe Teslas figures they will have 2 weeks of production that goes elsewhere (note that it's exactly 2 weeks from today for the front end of the range) and then start filling orders here. The back end date probably depends on transportation from the factory to different parts of the country. Just a theory.

I ordered 6/16 and my range went from 7-11 weeks yesterday (after being 7/11-7/31 for a week or so) to now 7/19-8/7. I'm greedily hoping that any trains heading east mean I'll get my car prior to east coasters; no offense, y'all. ;)

Makes me wonder if there is a production run that's designated to filling US orders. I know some posters here have noted that in the past the first month (or two?) of a quarter went to overseas orders but that that's changed to some extent. Maybe Teslas figures they will have 2 weeks of production that goes elsewhere (note that it's exactly 2 weeks from today for the front end of the range) and then start filling orders here. The back end date probably depends on transportation from the factory to different parts of the country. Just a theory.

I ordered 6/16 and my range went from 7-11 weeks yesterday (after being 7/11-7/31 for a week or so) to now 7/19-8/7. I'm greedily hoping that any trains heading east mean I'll get my car prior to east coasters; no offense, y'all. ;)
No offense taken. I have a similar EDD range. It’s giving me ED.

• Funny
Reactions: blkgenius

Could be on to something… I’m located within an hour of the factory, thus the end date of the range for me is further in the future than you folks who live farther away ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: hcdavis3
People with April orders outstanding who did not delay their deliveries have an understandable gripe. A lot of others don’t.

When I placed my order on 5/28, the EDD was 3-11 weeks. Yeah, I would’ve been stoked if it had been delivered in 3 weeks. Until the 11 weeks lapses, I can’t complain. And if it arrives within the 11 weeks, by Tesla’s estimation, it would have come “on time” and within the original arrival window.

But I do get a kick out of reading what amounts to endless pacing about the fluctuating EDD and the machination of “Andrew” by someone who found it soothing to name a squirrel. People have picked up on it and continued the trend by changing their avatars in hopes of finally receiving a VIN. The lunacy of this thread is also what keeps it going.

*turn your phone to landscape to read the signature about EDDs*

People with April orders outstanding who did not delay their deliveries have an understandable gripe. A lot of others don’t.

When I placed my order on 5/28, the EDD was 3-11 weeks. Yeah, I would’ve been stoked if it had been delivered in 3 weeks. Until the 11 weeks lapses, I can’t complain. And if it arrives within the 11 weeks, by Tesla’s estimation, it would have come “on time” and within the original arrival window.

But I do get a kick out of reading what amounts to endless pacing about the fluctuating EDD and the machination of “Andrew” by someone who found it soothing to name a squirrel. People have picked up on it and continued the trend by changing their avatars in hopes of finally receiving a VIN. The lunacy of this thread is also what keeps it going.

*turn your phone to landscape to read the signature about EDDs*
A lot of very excited people are having some fun while waiting. What do you get out of pouring ice water on everything?