Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my M3LR in Dedham late last September. The delivery date was initially on a Saturday, but someone at Dedham called to say the truck was delayed and it wouldn't be in till Tuesday. I understand how that could happen and I was OK with the delay, but when I told the guy from the dealership that I would not be able to pick it up until the following Saturday, he told me that they were only obligated to hold onto it for 3 days (Tues, Wed, & Thurs) and that they could sell it out from under me on Friday. I thought that took a lot of nerve! The damn delay was their own fault. I took my chances, called their bluff, and got there first thing the following Saturday morning. It was still there. I hope your car is there on time and if it's delayed a bit, I hope you can get to the dealership before they sell it out from under you. And don't forget to look igt over with a fine tooth comb, both inside and out, before you sign anything and drive it off the lot.

• Helpful
Reactions: blkgenius
After receiving the VIN this morning and seeing the 10-16 weeks EDD placeholder, it updated recently to now say July 29 - August 04.

Financing is good until July 29 so 🤞(I'll call USAA and see if they can extend by a few days, might get lucky there).
I think you can just tell USAA to go ahead and make the payment to Tesla now and that'll fund the loan so you won't have renew/extend the loan.

Reactions: 1LE McQueen
I think you can just tell USAA to go ahead and make the payment to Tesla now and that'll fund the loan so you won't have renew/extend the loan.

Considering we’ve seen Tesla change VIN’s and do other weird stuff, this feels like a bad idea.

Tesla’s non-existent customer support will not be reliable to help get the right lien data on the right vehicle. You don’t want to accidentally want your lender paying for the wrong VIN.

Reactions: nyudoc04 and LaneDS
Considering we’ve seen Tesla change VIN’s and do other weird stuff, this feels like a bad idea.

Tesla’s non-existent customer support will not be reliable to help get the right lien data on the right vehicle. You don’t want to accidentally want your lender paying for the wrong VIN.
Yeah I get that. I would personally take the risk and have my bank pay it out but I understand if other people wouldn't be comfortable doing it.

Good morning friends.

4:59 a.m. today I received my VIN, via two e-mails from Tesla.

Logged in to my account, accepted Tesla Vision message, and took care of payment.

EDD now says 10-16 weeks but I expect that is nonsense and I should have a delivery date soon. Ideally in the next 11 days before my financing needs another round!

Updating the spreadsheet now.
Congrats man! Hope your delivery goes flawless! Make sure to post some pics

Ladies and Gents! Today, I woke up to a VIN! No email notifying me of my VIN - it was just placed in my account. So if you're in NY here is a better idea of your M3LR wait. (Specs: Ext: Deep Blue, Int: Black, 18" wheels, No FSD)

Long Island, NY
Ordered: 6/22/21
Daily or every two days the EDD would change, drastically.
VIN: 7/18/21
Current EDD: 7/26 to 8/1

Will take care of insurance tomorrow.

Hopefully, I'll have it soon!
😆😆

Ladies and Gents! Today, I woke up to a VIN! No email notifying me of my VIN - it was just placed in my account. So if you're in NY here is a better idea of your M3LR wait. (Specs: Ext: Deep Blue, Int: Black, 18" wheels, No FSD)

Long Island, NY
Ordered: 6/22/21
Daily or every two days the EDD would change, drastically.
VIN: 7/18/21
Current EDD: 7/26 to 8/1

Will take care of insurance tomorrow.

Hopefully, I'll have it soon!
😆😆
Very nice, same specs as mine. Out of curiosity, is your vin in the 019XXX range ?