Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a reply from Tesla here in Ohio about my order. 7/4 order, EDD initially 7-11 weeks and then blank for the rest of July till yesterday and now today where it reads November. I asked what’s the status to see if they have anymore insight. This is their response.
Yeah that’s a big doubt, don’t worry, their email team is the generic response based on EDD which most of Tesla SA’s claim that it’s the best representation of when you’ll get the car…which many true advisors state it isn’t. The best bet is to actually go to the dealership or try your luck calling them and seeing if you get the answer you want/the “administrative” answer because that means they actual have access or dug up the info on when your car is estimated to ship out of the factory and when it’ll arrive at the dealership/center.

Yeah that’s a big doubt, don’t worry, their email team is the generic response based on EDD which most of Tesla SA’s claim that it’s the best representation of when you’ll get the car…which many true advisors state it isn’t. The best bet is to actually go to the dealership or try your luck calling them and seeing if you get the answer you want/the “administrative” answer because that means they actual have access or dug up the info on when your car is estimated to ship out of the factory and when it’ll arrive at the dealership/center.
Thanks, I’ll try to go down there this weekend and ask. It’s harder for them to turn you down or say no when you’re face to face.

I wonder if that person I talked to, was looking at a soft site a person mentioned on the previous page.

s
I’m hoping that blank EDD means preparation for manufacturing. I think the pattern is Tesla rotates from east to west coast periodically since all of overseas (except for Canada and Mexico) cars are built in China.

We saw some VINs from east cost yesterday, hoping Midwest is next 🤞.

Someone mentioned that Illinois is the hub for much of Midwest area, that might explain Illinois and neighboring states are blank.
I haven't had a blank date at all, I did have some default windows though. Mine has been sitting end of August range for a bit, today's date shifted a day to right for both start/end date (Aug. 15-28)...

I was wondering if the service center installed the front license plate bracket before delivery. Glad to know they don’t and leave it up to you. I plan on getting a custom non-stick plate bracket and didn’t want to deal with the headache of removing the original one.
Yep the double side tape bracket they put in the trunk. They only give you one temporary plate for the rear.

Reactions: Schmozy
@LaneDS

Lifted; ready for some brake, wheel, and tire work.
DDCD33D1-BBF2-41C1-AF1D-9A8954E567A7.jpeg

4BE47D3D-3FA7-410B-92A2-D149563BA5F6.jpeg

Reactions: calitezzie