Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll definitely try that. I have to go on a business trip the next day, so getting it earlier would make my week a bit easier. I'll report back what happens. Thanks for the tip!
Hmmm, no luck. The rep at the center said whatever dates I got are based on when it'll arrive at the center. He didn't seem to want to look up if it could be picked up sooner. My SA is currently on vacation until my current delivery day, so can't contact him. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: GasWho
View attachment 697570
She is finally home. Delivery was too easy. Took a detailed inspection list and found nothing wrong. The drive home was a thrill. So much power it’s scary. Ordered on July 2nd. Got the VIN on 8/14 and picked her up this evening on the 16th. Total of 46 days from order to delivery. And like everyone says…IT IS DEFINITELY WORTH THE WAIT. Good luck everyone. This group made the wait so much easier. Felt like a support group.
Beautiful! Makes me wish I had ordered red too! Congrats!

Would you mind sharing your delivery checklist? Also, what is a weather lining?

Beautiful! Makes me wish I had ordered red too! Congrats!

Would you mind sharing your delivery checklist? Also, what is a weather lining?
I believe the weather lining mentioned refers to the rubber seal on the underside of the rear window/trunk/tailgate to keep water and other junk from entering the vehicle. It is also my understanding that some of this lining was either removed or replaced to accommodate the power trunk feature in the new 2021 models. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Extant
Has anyone in the Philly area received a VIN? My left date pushed back again: August 31 - September 16 now.
Looks like we have the same config and our order dates are very close (7/12). I was hoping for a VIN within the next week or two, as I was down to a 7 day window this morning, but then had a strange mid-day update, and now back to the default of November...

Do you mind sharing which spoiler you got and any pics? I'm picking mine up today and immediately dropping it off for full PPF.
I bought the spoiler off of RPM Tesla and it’s the Performance Plus Spoiler full carbon fiber molded and I’ll show the picture alongside the tinted windows because it’s currently in the shop getting tinted!

This makes me worry a bit. Those August initial EDD window dates were probably a stretch target.

At this point it's getting hard to decide. I can't wait to get my car, but is it preferable to get a 2022 just a few weeks later?
Time will tell how big the Q3 push is. I ordered mine last week with the full expectation I wouldn't get until November per the original EDD. EDD says 9/6-9/26 now...feel like is a joke and will just continually get pushed out but we will see.

I am expecting a 2022 if I don't get it until late October/early November though. We will see if Tesla updates their website beg of October or not for a 2022 refresh.

Reactions: Extant
Time will tell how big the Q3 push is. I ordered mine last week with the full expectation I wouldn't get until November per the original EDD. EDD says 9/6-9/26 now...feel like is a joke and will just continually get pushed out but we will see.

I am expecting a 2022 if I don't get it until late October/early November though. We will see if Tesla updates their website beg of October or not for a 2022 refresh.
I have seen mention on here that Performance has the quickest delivery time in comparison to LR and SR+. Per the SA my M3LR should be here in Atlanta between 9/1 and 9/4. I placed the order 07/02/21.

tesla fedex’s that registration stuff to you right?
where do we get our plates from too?
As far as I know, they give you temp tags at delivery and mail you the paperwork you need for registration. I would assume you'd get plates from the tax office after registration (unless they're custom, in which case they would mail them to you). In case you haven't already done the math, the taxes due on a Long Range come to a little over $3,000 (6.25% of $50k). That may differ if you financed with your own lender and they included it, but I went through one of their preferred lenders and it's not part of the deal.

I spoke with an advisor awhile back and he said Texas was pretty lenient about the 30-day registration window last year, but this year they're issuing fines if you don't take care of it within that time frame. He said there have been delays getting the paperwork from Tesla that quickly, and if you end up getting fined as a result they will reimburse you. I would definitely confirm with your advisor to be sure, but that's my understanding.

Reactions: jrmt23