Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 7/25 Got my VIN this morning!

Accepted the No-Radar agreement.

Now says EDD is today August 31-Sept 5.

Any ideas when I should expect the message schedule my Delivery!?
I got mine the day after.
For folks who picked up their Tesla, did the delivery happen closer to the start range of EDD or towards the end range?
Your last EDD before your VIN should be a 7 to 10 day window and seems to be anywhere in between. From what I have seen here, the closer you are to the factory the closer to the start range.

I ordered on 6/2 and accepted delivery this Saturday. My original delivery estimate was 7-11 weeks, so this was on the tail end of that. I didn't fill out my registration information immediately, so maybe they dinged me on that. I did a touchless delivery. The car was in a remote lot. I inspected it and then accepted delivery on my phone, which allowed me to unlock the car. In general, the build quality, while maybe not Germanic, was pretty good. Here are the issues I found:

1. A small drop of paint in the seam between the back bumper and another panel. I'm going to let this go.
2. A tiny fleck of gold embedded in one of the headlights. I'm going to let this go.
3. A trim piece below the steering wheel wasn't attached. The connector seems to have been bent. I have filed a mobile service request for next Tuesday to get this fixed. It should be a quick and easy part swap.
4. My 2 key cards were horribly warped. I'm not sure how that happened. They do still work, but I've filed a request to have them replaced.
5. All of the door handles are recessed a little, but they are all consistent. I would have to check some other builds to see if this is even a real problem. In any case, I'm going to let this go since they are consistent and are operating fine.
6. The front speaker grill wasn't installed evenly. I pushed on it a little and it snapped into place and is now fine.

The panel gaps were all solid. The doors, trunk, and hood are all aligned well. The paint looked good other than that one drop. I checked everything else out and everything seems to work fine. I think Tesla needs to do a better job of catching these QA issues before the customer sees them, but I am content with the build quality in this case considering some of the horror stories I have heard.

I am currently charging with a 5-20 adapter at home. I get 7mph, which should be plenty to keep me fully charged. I also have access to free charging at work, so I can top it off there if needed.

I'll going to retire from this thread now. I wish everybody else luck with their builds. My advice is to not get too caught up in the daily EDD fluctuations. Not that anybody is going to listen. :)

Ouch! I have the same MSM configuration. Order date 6/16. My EDD is still 9/14-9/30. I wonder if our MSMiness is what’s holding us back?
No it's bc you're both in CA lol. My OD is 8/12 and the EDD is 9/12-9/22 same config. East coast is first, west coast is last in the quarter. Easy to deliver a bunch next door to Fremont ASAP by 9/30.

I'm scheduled to pick up tomorrow. Just finished reviewing agreements and making final payment. All set to head to the sales center tomorrow.

Is there any type of 'delivery checklist' of common things to lookout for regarding build quality. I am fairly confident in myself to see major issue but a lot of folks here seem to be keyed in to smaller things to look out for.

Reactions: c00sebookpro