Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve got a reservation that I’m not going to use. I’m getting a MS instead. Any way to help someone out? 9/16-9/30. Cincinnati

Attachments

• E8F69254-5249-4E56-9EE1-CC955F9ED16B.jpeg
    E8F69254-5249-4E56-9EE1-CC955F9ED16B.jpeg
    196.3 KB · Views: 103
  • CB6368AB-8DD9-42E0-9C54-76BFD4AAAE07.jpeg
    CB6368AB-8DD9-42E0-9C54-76BFD4AAAE07.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 72
FINAL UPDATE!
Took delivery yesterday in Costa Mesa, thankfully it was ridiculously easy and overall the whole delivery process was great.

Build quality is practically flawless, one door handle looks slightly recessed but doesn’t bother me too much (wouldn’t notice it unless I really pointed it out to you). I put in a service request so let’s see what they say. Other than that car is immaculate. No panel issues, headliner, etc. Can’t wait for everyone else to get their hands on their cars. And everyone was right, the whole process and wait was absolutely worth it in the end!

FINAL UPDATE!
Took delivery yesterday in Costa Mesa, thankfully it was ridiculously easy and overall the whole delivery process was great.

Build quality is practically flawless, one door handle looks slightly recessed but doesn’t bother me too much (wouldn’t notice it unless I really pointed it out to you). I put in a service request so let’s see what they say. Other than that car is immaculate. No panel issues, headliner, etc. Can’t wait for everyone else to get their hands on their cars. And everyone was right, the whole process and wait was absolutely worth it in the end!
I'm supposed to get home delivery this afternoon...the pessimist in me is worried something is going to go wrong, but i'm trying to be positive lol.

Ha! well I think I am now finally done.
We are all feeling your pain. I think it's completely inexcusable and unacceptable to have that happen. At least you do have a long-term test drive car that hopefully makes things slightly more bearable, but still.

Have you thought of going the executive complaint route? You should write to tell your story. Hopefully someone will make things right. I don't know if Elon Musk is one of those CEOs that personally replies to email, but there's no harm in trying him or someone in his team.

If I remember correctly, you said your car had been left in the sun and lost full charge. Electronics get degraded with heat, and I would worry that some of the systems had some damage. The thing with heat degradation is that the circuits will continue to work OK, except they'll be more likely to fail. You might have sporadic issues here and there, but in the long run, your car's components may end up lasting 10 years instead of 20 or more. I would want to find out the full story about the loss of power, how long it lasted, where the car was when this happened, for how long, etc. And then either get a new one, or have them extend your warranty to cover for potential degradation.

Good luck, I don't think I'm alone in wishing this ordeal ends pretty soon for you.
Well it continues - My SA emailed me on Sunday and said that the car was in Spokane and charged and would be all ready to go. I got the text to schedule my appointment. The first available was today and I took 5 so I would work from home and then go get it. Yesterday I confirmed that I would be able to pick it up as scheduled and they responded 'yes, please make your final payment'. (I replied that I was brining a cashiers check - which I have told them about 10 times). Just a few minutes ago I got a call from Tesla to tell me 'we won't be able to deliver your car today'. No reason at all - just that. She said that the store leader in Spokane would call me. I asked if she could please tell me the truth with this car and she just said "I know there have been mis-communication". No one from Spokane has called. So I wonder what kind of trouble it would have been if I HAD made final payment yesterday??? And still no car? At this point I can only think that maybe the car has issues and is getting worked on - or ??? I will see what they say if they ever call, but depending on how that goes I think I really am ready to just cancel it. I am afraid of what could be wrong with this car now. Well had not hit post reply yet - Spokane just called. Vermin have eaten through the wiring! I told her I am not taking that car. What an ordeal.

Just received an emailed from my SA, Jerry. EDD is 9/1-9/08. Ordered 6/19 for Burbank CA delivery. SA has been super, in that he always email back within an hour of my email. He updated me, that it looks like my car will come off the line this weekend, and will most likely be delivered next weekend (9/11), FYI. I was hoping to get it this 3 day weekend, but it is what it is. I just don't know why I am getting it later than some people also in CA who ordered later than me.

Anybody else see different numbers when the final review comes through for the loan?

I had paid a downpayment of $16k, which was done a few weeks ago. Now that I am a day from delivery, it all changed to a downpayment of about $6000 and I have a negative tesla balance of $10,000. I can go either way and just take that money and invest, but it is weird that it changed suddenly the day before delivery.

EDIT: Nevermind, after about 20 minutes, the numbers changed to reflect the downpayment, I guess it is not fully accurate when they first release the numbers

Last edited:
I'll be getting picking up my car on Saturday.
I'll be trading my car in. Anyone know if i'm supposed to get notified to submit pictures? Or do they review the vehicle when i get there?
I uploaded title, provided VIN, and details for the trade in. And my offer has been accepted already too. 🤔
When I traded in my 2020 Model 3 I had to submit many photos. When I picked up my 2021 they didn’t even look at my trade in.

So I ordered Model 3 LR in Blue because I thought I would not get it until November. I have not even test drove one yet, since there is not a Tesla center in South Carolina. The nearest one to me is Charlotte NC which is about 1.5 hrs away from Greenville SC. Telsa is now saying September and wanting my full payment since the VIN was issued to me yesterday. I have not heard from anyone at all from Telsla (which might be normal). I am not really wanting this car so soon. So what do I do? How do you pause your order or delay it?

So I ordered Model 3 LR in Blue because I thought I would not get it until November. I have not even test drove one yet, since there is not a Tesla center in South Carolina. The nearest one to me is Charlotte NC which is about 1.5 hrs away from Greenville SC. Telsa is now saying September and wanting my full payment since the VIN was issued to me yesterday. I have not heard from anyone at all from Telsla (which might be normal). I am not really wanting this car so soon. So what do I do? How do you pause your order or delay it?
I live in Greenville also. Just got my VIN # and I ordered on 8/12 lol. Said November when I ordered also.

PM'd you my advisors name in Charlotte

You can contact your Service Advisor (SA) and ask him to postpone it.