Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Data point:
OD: 9/24/21
EDD during order: December
EDD showing until yesterday: 11/4 - 12/4

Woke up today to EDD: 11/23 - 12/7
No VIN yet
No contact with SA or anyone at Tesla since the initial text I received the day I ordered.

Config: white/white, 18”, no FSD

Every time I start to get salty about seeing people get VINs who ordered weeks after me, someone posts that they STILL haven’t received a VIN from an August order, and I calm myself. I am pretty sure I’ll get my car before the end of the year. These cars certainly seem to get batch produced and shipped depending on region.

Not planning on trying to delay to 2022. I have a suspicion many many orders will attempt this, if EV credit get passed, which could lead to more delays for delivery, maybe March?? Just a hunch though.

Reactions: Darrin.krein
What happens if you paid the extra $1000 for the Silver, and now it's free? Do I get a $1000 refund?
If past history can determine what happened for people who paid for white, you get nothing and like it. You also get to know there will be a sea of MSM Tesla's roaming the road just like you.

P.S. I can be salty because I am in the exact same boat. ;)

Update! Got my Tesla vision agreement this morning and once I accepted got my VIN!

Order Date: 10/23
OG EDD: Jan-Feb
Current EDD: Nov 20- Nov 24

Reaching out to my SA today about getting MSM for free, and putting the order on hold until 2022!
Must resist getting salty. Must resist.

But seriously, congrats. I remember a few days ago your EDD was next year!

If past history can determine what happened for people who paid for white, you get nothing and like it. You also get to know there will be a sea of MSM Tesla's roaming the road just like you.

P.S. I can be salty because I am in the exact same boat. ;)
I think in the past when people have complained about price decreases asking for refunds, Elon has said he would do that as long as people were will to accept price increases after orders (such as we have seen this year) ;)

Reactions: highstrunghero
For all the folks putting their orders on hold, does that mean those of us wanting our cars within this calendar year are more likely to get them?
I certainly hope so. I just want a car and don't mind taking delivery yesterday or a 2021 car. I keep seeing my config pop up on the inventory pages in other states 😞

Wonder If I can ask my SA to get me one that matches my config from all the people putting them on hold.

Did your delivery time update to about the same as everyone else's this morning? That would be right in line with what your SA said.
It was! 11/21-12/5 was what it updated to this morning.

So this was extremely accurate to what he told me.

Once he emails me again next Tues/Wed, I'll post his email here. He's one of the few great SA's. Thankful I have him for the M3 SA and he's also my SA for the MY I pre-ordered for July.

I certainly hope so. I just want a car and don't mind taking delivery yesterday or a 2021 car. I keep seeing my config pop up on the inventory pages in other states 😞

Wonder If I can ask my SA to get me one that matches my config from all the people putting them on hold.
Currently driving my old '99 Ford F150 beater pickup, and to say it leaves me desiring my car ASAP is an understatement. I mean, #firstworldproblems and all that, but damn.

• Funny
Reactions: mspohr