Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I still have not heard a good reason why we need an incentive in place for people to buy a car with a wait list as long as Tesla? For that matter, most EV’s are wait list. Demand doesn’t seem to be the problem. Why not put the money to facilitate production so I’m not on a nearly four month wait!!
I would put it toward the EV charging infrastructure. I used the Tesla superchargers from Chicago to Los Angles and there are some really rough areas that could use more. And that with a car with 300 miles of range.

Reactions: EV70 and Harfagri
Agreed 100% and on top of that there are several State incentives to help! In California alone it's possible to get up to $10k in State incentives pending available funding.
Just a question about these state incentives in California. So far, all I can see I'm eligible for is a possible $2000 rebate through Clean Vehicle Rebate Project. If you know of something else, please let me know!! Thanks.

D47A93EB-7056-49B4-901F-9FAF6D7905D4.jpeg

Let’s gooooooooo

Oh and as an update
Order 10/21 EDD 11/22-12/20
EDD update (11/13) 11/28-12/12
EDD update (11/20) 12/1-12/7 (vin received)
EDD update (11/24) 11/28-12/4
Delivery scheduled (11/24) 12/4 (I work the other 2 days they had available).

It’s been a fun journey. Hope you all get vins fast.

I can't believe people are taking delivery between now and January! It seems very likely taking delivery in January will save you $8k.
Just to add to all the other legitimate reasons listed, I ignorantly (and with a bit of a push from my SA) applied for my financing way too early in the process and will have to reapply and rerun my credit multiple times again if I delay into the new year. Sure it probably financially is still better to wait, but the unknown of it all is making me struggle with the decision.

Just to add to all the other legitimate reasons listed, I ignorantly (and with a bit of a push from my SA) applied for my financing way too early in the process and will have to reapply and rerun my credit multiple times again if I delay into the new year. Sure it probably financially is still better to wait, but the unknown of it all is making me struggle with the decision.
I am in the same boat as you. But my reason wasn’t my SA it was because I found a car in existing inventory. Then something happened where they weren’t going to delivery to my location… I then put my order on hold until Dec 20th I have until Jan 8th for my Tesla loan and Jan 22nd with DCU I have a trade in so I feel extra pressure and on top of that I already have a loan for my model y (10/28 loan approval) So I’m almost sure if they run credit again I wouldn’t get approved.

Is it really that bad to have 2 credit pulls? How much does that really impact your credit? And are you planning on doing anything with the credit before the hard pulls go away?

Is it really that bad to have 2 credit pulls? How much does that really impact your credit? And are you planning on doing anything with the credit before the hard pulls go away?
I haven’t seen how bad my credit was effected from the first pull yet. I’m not necessarily concerned with not getting approved again, I just don’t want to change the terms I was already approved at.

i ordered yesterday when it said EDD was February, and now today it's already saying December 16 - December 31.
Not complaining, just wondering if it's because of so many people delaying their orders until next year?
If these people remove their holds, would my EDD get bumped back again? I assume nobody knows for sure..

Question: I plan to delay delivery to 2022 for potential credits. Received VIN on Tuesday, but have not been contacted for delivery. Site now gives option to “Accept and Proceed with Delivery.” Accept is referring to Vision Statement. Does anyone know what happens if I click? I don’t want to unnecessarily confirm a delivery, but also wouldn’t mind waiting as long as possible to put on hold (understand there are potential pros and cons to doing so). Thanks in advance.

M3LR/MSM/BLK/19/No FSD - Columbus, OH
OD: 10/30
EDD: 11/27-12/25
EDD: 11/30-12/14 (11/13)
VIN: 11/23

i ordered yesterday when it said EDD was February, and now today it's already saying December 16 - December 31.
Not complaining, just wondering if it's because of so many people delaying their orders until next year?
If these people remove their holds, would my EDD get bumped back again? I assume nobody knows for sure..
What configuration did you order?