Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well unless something is horribly wrong I don’t think the wife would be okay with us walking to the hotel. I’m taking on faith that the chances are astronomically small for any issue like that. I think (like most things) the bad experiences are the loudest. There are so many new Teslas parked outside here I can’t imagine a bad experience is common.

Whenever you DO take delivery, be sure to check over the car to make sure everything is there and it works. I had to get a ride 2.5 hours away, the new "refresh" Sport wheels, that I paid $1500 more for, are NOT the same as the Pre-refresh wheels, even though two Wisconsin Showrooms never indicated a difference when I asked for the difference between my 2019 and a 2022. I ordered Gray. Plus, the phone charger does not work and the USB-C receptacle does not work either. The Tesla Vision also requires you to have the Automatic High Beams ON anytime the car is in autopilot. The only problem is the high beams flick on and off strangely, making it look like you are messing around or drunk. Multiple conversations about my delivery experience were encouraging leading me to think that Tesla would do something to help make it right. NOPE, they will offer me $43k for my 2022 Tesla Model 3 LR, gray exterior, black interior, with "Sport" wheels that look like pizza pans, that only has 318 miles on it.

Try to push delivery until the EV Tax Credit passes, and confirm everything works as it should, otherwise they will have you dick with the service department to fix it.

I can just bring a singular routing and checking number right?

Yeah that’s fine too but probably takes a day or two to clear.

And now my follow up story…

Take off work early to get the cashiers check. Move money around. All good.

Show up… Just want to pay it off and sign the papers. Have received texts saying “car is here! Can deliver today!” on Sunday and today, Monday. I’m thinking it’s at the service center I ordered it from… My advisor doesn’t say any different.

Show up with the check. Young kids say they’ll get someone from delivery to meet with me. Sit there for 25mins. I’ve got stuff to do so I go back up, find a different person.

“Car isn’t here, it’s still at the factory. You sure it’s ready?” I show them the auto text thread telling me it’s ready…. “Oh that’s weird. Yeah… Don’t give us the check until they deliver.”

…ok lol

I can’t even understand this company.

Reactions: Paul4343
Tesla made me an unbelievable trade in offer so I took the plunge and switched to a performance model today (12/6) hoping it doesn’t bump my EDD too far ahead. It still shows a December delivery if you order an M3P so will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Original OD 11/4 M3LR wht/why 19” no fsd
EDD 12/21-/12/31
Change to M3P 12/6 black/black
No updated EDD yet

Hi all,
I received my VIN today with a request to proceed to final payment. Here's what the Tesla website says:
"Final payment is accepted via:
  • Electronic check (direct debit) in your Tesla Account
  • Wire transfer
  • Certified check at time of pick-up, with your Reference Number (RN) and name in the memo line".
However, there are no instructions/link to proceed with the direct debit or the Wire Transfer. I tried in the Payment Method section, but apparently, it is only for credit cards. Does any of you know where this is hiding?

Thanks-

Go into the Tesla app and play around hitting the X once it goes into the Plaid section or closing it out otherwise and eventually, you'll see bank routing info and you can do it that way. Takes a few tries or randomly closing/backing out and it pops up. Seems they really don't like you to do that.

The whole process outside of Plaid isn't well-documented or communicated.

• Helpful
Reactions: Plum Loco
Minnesota buyer here!

This is my first Tesla, and I have to say I really like the hands-off experience of buying a car. We always hated going to a car dealership and the flocks of salesman running to you. The SA that I am dealing with, Liam from the Maplewood location has been awesome. I made the mistake of putting the car in the name of a trust when I registered. Little did I know, Tesla financing, or TONS of other banks do not support that either. I reached out and Liam was able to make that change quickly, even though the Tesla registration page says it cannot be changed.

My configuration is below…

M3LR/blue/black seats/aero wheels
OD: 10/29
EDD: 12-13/12-31

So far my EDD has not changed once. Not sure if it is good or bad 🤷‍♂️ Seems like a lot of people on here have had multiple changes thus far.
I received a trade-in text today (12-5). I was initially looking to trade-in my other car, but recently sold it. I had a trade-in quote but they expire so fast and it did just that! Hopefully I get a VIN soon.

Anyone out there who has purchased a demo car? I am curious about the condition, process etc. I talked to Tesla’s 1800 number and she said the same process would apply. We can look it over before signing, we could even apply the original $250 order fee toward switching if we wanted to.

Update on ports. I called the SC and spoke to a helpful SA. She mentioned that my car is including all the ports and wireless charging. There was a known batch that was missing them due to the shortage and they would correct easily but this seems to have been corrected for the more recent ones.

I’m picking up this week.

Where do you see that language? I didn't see that when I read the bill. I think it just says the credits start on 1/1/2022.

That can always change, but this effective date is so minor in the scope of the BBB bill, that I have a feeling they won't change the date unless the bill can't get passed in the next 2-3 months. .
The bill was drafted in the summer, with the expectation it would be complete by end of year. I agree with whoever said it depends on the language they add if it is retro active if/when signed sometime in 2022. I think we will know more once revisions are sent back.

F8BFFCAE-5344-43DC-A96C-2C3466B02857.jpeg
Delivery date went great!!!! Everything checked out great! Only issue was fitment of drivers side front aero cover and a POwerstroke diesel driver of all people pointed it out after we left the delivery center.

So excited for the future with this fantastic machine!

Edit to add: USBs and wireless charging present, working, and accounted for. Delivery folks seemed confused when I even asked about it!

The bill was drafted in the summer, with the expectation it would be complete by end of year. I agree with whoever said it depends on the language they add if it is retro active if/when signed sometime in 2022. I think we will know more once revisions are sent back.
I was going to wait but between too excited for it this week and the good trade in value. I didn’t push it out.

Will I regret it in 2023? We will see.

Reactions: t.e.s.l.a_dude
View attachment 741470Delivery date went great!!!! Everything checked out great! Only issue was fitment of drivers side front aero cover and a POwerstroke diesel driver of all people pointed it out after we left the delivery center.

Edit to add: USBs and wireless charging present, working, and accounted for. Delivery folks seemed confused when I even asked about it!
That’s a beautiful sight. Love the red.

Reactions: TheSlyyGuy
View attachment 741470Delivery date went great!!!! Everything checked out great! Only issue was fitment of drivers side front aero cover and a POwerstroke diesel driver of all people pointed it out after we left the delivery center.

Congratulations. Looking sharp. I bet you enjoyed 4-5 hour drive back home.

M3 LR, Red, White seats, 18", No FSD

OD: 11/17

1st EDD: 12/16 - 12/31
2nd EDD (11/25): 12/15 - 12/29
3rd EDD (11/29): February
4th EDD (12/01): 1/15 - 2/12
5th EDD (12/03): 12/21 - 12/31
6th EDD (12/06): 12/19 - 12/25 + Vision + Hidden VIN (2022 Model)

Seems to be on my way to brand new car soon!