Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery configuration PDF has a VIN that was assigned (early Nov.)
We placed the order on hold (early Nov.).
The document has not changed, and still has the same content and VIN.
Is this normal? (we are buying 100%, just a matter of timing).

I was able to schedule my delivery today...December 24th. I actually pulled off the road when I saw the text so I could schedule right away. Merry F'ing Christmas to ME!! Excuse my French, but I've been waiting for over 4 months now (OD 8/15)!!The last couple of months I've felt like Susie (Natalie Wood) in Miracle on 34th St, riding in the car on Xmas morning after her present she wanted from Santa wasn't under the tree. She sat there so sad saying "I believe, I believe". Then she sees the house and screams "Stop Uncle Fred, Stop". That's me getting my VIN, but I was yelling "Drinks bartender, Drinks!" Now I have a one week run up to the house (figuratively speaking). For those of you not that familiar with the movie...

I was able to schedule my delivery today...December 24th. I actually pulled off the road when I saw the text so I could schedule right away. Merry F'ing Christmas to ME!! Excuse my French, but I've been waiting for over 4 months now (OD 8/15)!!The last couple of months I've felt like Susie (Natalie Wood) in Miracle on 34th St, riding in the car on Xmas morning after her present she wanted from Santa wasn't under the tree. She sat there so sad saying "I believe, I believe". Then she sees the house and screams "Stop Uncle Fred, Stop". That's me getting my VIN, but I was yelling "Drinks bartender, Drinks!" Now I have a one week run up to the house (figuratively speaking). For those of you not that familiar with the movie...

Congratulations....

Reactions: EV70
I’m in the same boat with the Dec 16-30 EDD still showing.

I just decided to call my nearby Tesla service center, and the SA that answered was able to give me more exact dates. He said my car is expected to be built Dec 22 and will be dropped off the 23rd to their center. If all is well then car should be ready for pick up the 23rd or 24.

I’m in the same boat with the Dec 16-30 EDD still showing.

I just decided to call my nearby Tesla service center, and the SA that answered was able to give me more exact dates. He said my car is expected to be built Dec 22 and will be dropped off the 23rd to their center. If all is well then car should be ready for pick up the 23rd or 24.
How are you getting this. I called mine and they have no clue except what the Edd says.

If we take delivery now, will we be able to claim the new ev tax credit?
The current version of the bill states the credit for vehicles purchased after 12/31/2021. The previous Senate version had May 24, 2021 as a date but I expect very low probability that it will be added back.

My best guesstimate on the probabilities on the EV tax credit is as follows:

1. Vehicles purchased after May 24, 2021 (very low probability)
2. Vehicles purchased after date of bill passage, i.e., some random date in 2022 (medium probability)
3. Vehicles purchased after 12/31/2021 (highest probability among the three options)

All speculation of course, there might be no bill passage at all at the end. We'll wait and see.

Reactions: EvDoss
The current version of the bill states the credit for vehicles purchased after 12/31/2021. The previous Senate version had May 24, 2021 as a date but I expect very low probability that it will be added back.

My best guesstimate on the probabilities on the EV tax credit is as follows:

1. Vehicles purchased after May 24, 2021 (very low probability)
2. Vehicles purchased after date of bill passage, i.e., some random date in 2022 (medium probability)
3. Vehicles purchased after 12/31/2021 (highest probability among the three options)

All speculation of course, there might be no bill passage at all at the end. We'll wait and see.
I thought bill is close to passing in senate