Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saying "by Q2" provides lots of wiggle room for Tesla. If it happens before June 30, they can still claim it happened in Q2. Note the absence of the words "start of Q2". And there could still be cars being delivered late in Q2 or early Q3 that were manufactured before full implementation of the change.
My EDD changed today from 2/23-3/23 to 1/26-2/23. No VIN yet.

Reactions: FelixORiley
Is this kind of uncertainty not a mental harassment to customers? Coining if Tesla could be sued for it.
Here it is in the order agreement:

The estimated delivery date of your Vehicle, if provided, is only an estimate as we do not guarantee when your Vehicle will actually be delivered. Your
actual delivery date is dependent on many factors, including your Vehicle’s configuration and manufacturing availability.

Cincinnati, LR, 18-inch Aero, white ext., black int., no FSD
Paying cash, no trade-in

Order date Nov 9, initial EDD Dec 12 - Dec 31

First movement today (Dec 9): EDD now Jan 16 - Feb 13. No VIN.
That works for me, since I'm still hoping for some Federal tax credit.

Dec 10: EDD changed to Dec 24 - Dec 31.
Dec 12: My Tesla account now has a VIN and a Vision Agreement button (which I did not click).
I contacted Tesla via the Web site chat and told the agent I want to put off delivery for 30 days, just in case Congress does pass some EV tax credits. She said she would have my advisor contact me to go over my options. I also emailed the advisor directly to tell her the same thing.
BTW, the chat agent mentioned that my EDD is not Dec 25 - Dec 29.

Dec 17: I tried twice via the Web chat to have my order put on hold, but my advisor never got back to me, so yesterday I called 888-51-TESLA and after only a few minutes' hold, talked to a live person. That agent went ahead and made the change for me, and my order is now on hold until January, and my VIN is released. (So if you get car number 5YJ3E1EB9NF130074, you're welcome!)
BTW, the agent also said that my advisor left me a voicemail, but I never got that, nor any other notification or acknowledgement.

Jan 2: The hold automatically released yesterday, and today it says the EDD is March 8 to March 31. I got no text, email, or any other notification.

Jan 7: EDD range updated to January 27-February 24. Of course, I got no notification.

Reactions: CarlThompson
Does anyone if this just happens randomly or if it indicates a vin coming soon?
6EAE509F-89B6-413D-BC51-762DD6299819.png

Reactions: helloresolven