Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some more info since I got a tentative delivery date now. Also got a quote how much my insurance will be: Roughly $45/month.

Full details as below:

M3LR White/Black 18" Aero
OD: Oct 23
EDD #1: Nov 21 - Dec 23
Order put on hold until Jan 1
EDD #2: March 11 - March 31
EDD #3: Jan 21 - Feb 4
VIN (158XXX) assigned on Jan 16
EDD #4: Feb 1 - Feb 5
Tentative Delivery Date: Feb 4
Which insurance company? Is it with comprehensive coverage?

I was a Geico customer for years and had to go to Progressive bc Geico was thousands of dollar. Progressive was very reasonable.
Lmao I quoted from Geico and it was outrageously priced. They called me a few days later to see how they could help. I literally told them they were $2000 more expensive than any other insurance agency. They told me that couldn’t be right, they did some finagling and then gave me a number that was higher Than the original. I hung up on them.

My agent told me collision is expensive on these cars because they are expensive to repair.
Incorrect, someone told me just that , and i asked the quote from my existing insurance provider, They quoted me almost the same amt... infact the total price increase was 2$/mon.. attaching the coverage details

Attachments

• 2207.jpg
    2207.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
This is with Progressive. Yes, it is comprehensive and with Auto+Home bundle.
A few weeks ago I wasn't concerned about the price, I was just going to give my insurance company the VIN, let them charge what they want and I'll go shopping later. Turns out they (Hartford) don't insure any Tesla's. I too called Flo and all is right with the world again.

• Funny
Reactions: Crany
Lmao I quoted from Geico and it was outrageously priced. They called me a few days later to see how they could help. I literally told them they were $2000 more expensive than any other insurance agency. They told me that couldn’t be right, they did some finagling and then gave me a number that was higher Than the original. I hung up on them.
There used to be a time when Geico had the best rates. Unfortunately not anymore

Reactions: EvDoss
Found out my VIN assigned today was built on 1/12 but they said they couldn’t tell if it has Ryzen and Li Ion. They said I have to wait to talk to the person when they schedule delivery to find out.

Does that sound right?
Everyone seems to get a different answer on this matter. My SA said they could find out before delivery, but honestly I am not clear how the SA's are determining anything before delivery.

I got quoted from a bunch of different insurances for the 2022 M3. Geico was by far the highest, not even close.
It was between Progressive and
There used to be a time when Geico had the best rates. Unfortunately not anymore
Agreed.
Just got quotes last month for 2022 M3.
Geico by far had the highest rate.
Best was Progressive and Travelers.
Going with Travelers since it’s a slight bit cheaper.

Reactions: richapps and T4M3