Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:
M3LR / White / Black / 18" / No FSD
Order Date: 10/17 (Northeast)
Original EDD : December
11/08 - Placed on Hold until 1/2
12/31 - Hold Removed automatically
12/31 - EDD #1 : TBD
01/04 - EDD #2 : 3/09 - 3/31
01/04 - Changed from Pickup in NJ to Carrier Direct Home Delivery to NH
01/09 - EDD #3 : TBD
01/15 - VIN Assigned 158xxx - Build Date: 1/15 (per SA)
01/17 - EDD went from TBD to Delivery Appointment Set for 01/29 :)

No word on the Ryzen chip but given the above posts I'm assuming it's Intel. I didn't get to pick a delivery date, it just got populated automatically. I don't mind it though.

In my case I texted and asked them about both the processor and the battery but the response I got back was that the new processor is not included in the production. No word on the new battery. I'll also report back once I get the car.
I just called and scheduled delivery for the 31st of January. The rep told me the car should have both ryzen and new battery. He didn’t verify that statement though by checking my particular car. I shall see when I take possession of it

Insurance coverage should really be at the $500k mark and on top of that, people really shouldn't be buying this expensive of a vehicle unless they have some substantial networth. A million qualifies in my opinion. And if you have that net worth then you're also getting a million or so in an umbrella policy. And they typically won't sell you an umbrella policy until you have the 500k coverage in car insurance. This is an unpopular opinion among those that live paycheck to paycheck and think that just because they can squeeze a monthly car payment out of their ass evey month that they can afford the car payment.
There’s a a decent middle ground between living paycheck to paycheck and having a net worth of a million+. I mean really if everyone practiced that sort of financial behavior, the economy would grind to a halt (and a lot of those folks with a high net worth would no longer have a high net worth as their extra income largely comes from the market).

For a net worth of a million, you’re looking at the top 10% of Americans households (so not even individual). More Teslas have been sold than Americans with that worth. Never mind the number of people with $50k+ cars.

I just called and scheduled delivery for the 31st of January. The rep told me the car should have both ryzen and new battery. He didn’t verify that statement though by checking my particular car. I shall see when I take possession of it
I would take that info with a grain of salt to be not disappointed afterwards. What are the last 6 of your VIN? In my case they are 158XXX and I was told that the new processor is not part of Model 3 production, yet. No info on the new 12V battery though.

I feel like I'm waiting for the Great Pumpkin, and I'm hoping my pumpkin patch is sincere enough. I'm wondering if getting my wall charger installed and having it send a signal to the Tesla mothership will bump up my delivery date. Or if I look longingly enough as I drive by the new Gigafactory.
If it were only that easy... We have put in 2 Tesla chargers and a Nema 14-50 in the last month. Based on your approach (which I like a lot), we should have had nearly instantaneous delivery.;)

With the talk of missing features what features are missing based off ordering middle of q4 2021 besides the center speaker?
Don't know about other features but I think the removal of the middle speaker is communicated as an improvement to the sound system. One forum member mentioned that the middle speaker might be causing some rattling issues and that its removal also improves stereo quality/experience.

You can reach out to Tesla via text to get a tentative delivery date and time
Great, advice! I was more just curious if I could narrow down my window (tough scheduling week). So I took your advice, sent the ol' inquiry over through text and within 5 minutes, I had a response saying it was my turn to schedule my delivery.

Excited to pick up my newest addition (and first ever Tesla) on the 24th.

I would take that info with a grain of salt to be not disappointed afterwards. What are the last 6 of your VIN? In my case they are 158XXX and I was told that the new processor is not part of Model 3 production, yet. No info on the new 12V battery though.
It's 157XXX and I completely agree with you. I really doubt that the resale value of the cars with Intel/Old battery will go down by a lot. According to this spreadsheet some people with 152XXX and 153XXX VINs got Ryzen

It's 157XXX and I completely agree with you. I really doubt that the resale value of the cars with Intel/Old battery will go down by a lot. According to this spreadsheet some people with 152XXX and 153XXX VINs got Ryzen

Frankly speaking, I am not concerned at all about the resale value and I don't think the depreciation will be much different with the new or old processor. Tesla's have and will hold their values pretty well. I am just looking forward to enjoying the car no matter with which processor/battery it comes.

With the talk of missing features what features are missing based off ordering middle of q4 2021 besides the center speaker?
Also, the center console USB ports lost data transfer capability. Means no controller based games (Sonic, Cuphead, something else). I’d predict Bluetooth controller connectivity before too long (who knows what that means in Tesla time).

I actually found it quite useful that multiple people here said they found Progressive to be cheaper for our Model 3s than Geico, Farmers and State Farm. While I agree comparing across regions isn't necessarily useful I think comparing across companies IS.

And if you don't find the discussion useful there's no need for you to join it!
+1 to this. I’ve had Geico for 15 years and they previously gave me the best rates on prior vehicles (Audis + BMWs). Because of this thread I researched Progressive and found that they have a much more favorable rate. Going to switch when my vehicle is delivered.