Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I decided to try texting the advisor for the first time since my order on 12/8, just to see if they could get any additional info since my current EDD is today-Feb 18 and I am waiting on my 5th EDD now. All they could tell me is they expect me to get a VIN within the next month, and at the very latest, I'd be seeing an early March delivery, but likely sooner. Definitely doesn't seem like they can see anything more than what we see with EDD. lol Hoping my 5th EDD shows up tomorrow, so I can plan better.

Reactions: In_the_process
I decided to try texting the advisor for the first time since my order on 12/8, just to see if they could get any additional info since my current EDD is today-Feb 18 and I am waiting on my 5th EDD now. All they could tell me is they expect me to get a VIN within the next month, and at the very latest, I'd be seeing an early March delivery, but likely sooner. Definitely doesn't seem like they can see anything more than what we see with EDD. lol Hoping my 5th EDD shows up tomorrow, so I can plan better.
Yeah, I talked to my SA two days ago and he said with regards to EDD "we don't know any more than you do." But he did say once a VIN is assigned, they can tell us a lot more.

Reactions: Doggerton
I just spoke to my SA too. Was trying to see if the service center had the 14-50 adapter in stock. I asked him regarding my EDD of 1/25-2/8. He said expect the car towards the end of this EDD. So ya not sure what to think now.

Never trade in your car to Tesla. They will always offer pennies compared to what other companies will offer. Private sale will give you the most money.
Not always the case. Tesla offered me $200 over Carvana and $3,500 over Driveway. Best advice is to check all your options.

Keep in mind, some states (like Colorado) take your trade-in value off the taxable value of the car. Can save you $1,000 or more depending on the value of your car.

Last edited:
Model3 seem to be going quite fast to delivery

OOD Jan 11, 2022. EDD initially 3/15-3/31, updated today to 2/18-3/18, so its reduced by nearly a month.
M3LR, WhitePearl, Black, No FSD, 18"

Got a model Y last year, waited much much longer for it.
one-month-long EDD windows don't tell much. They can easily be pushed back multiple times. It is possible that the eventual delivery date is later than 3/31.

Model3 seem to be going quite fast to delivery

OOD Jan 11, 2022. EDD initially 3/15-3/31, updated today to 2/18-3/18, so its reduced by nearly a month.
M3LR, WhitePearl, Black, No FSD, 18"

Got a model Y last year, waited much much longer for it.
My Jan 1 hold lift EDD has me at 2/21-3/21. That would be a sweet deal for you if yours stays earlier even though your order was close to two weeks after

one-month-long EDD windows don't tell much. They can easily be pushed back multiple times. It is possible that the eventual delivery date is later than 3/31.
Agreed. When I ordered in early Dec, the estimate was February, but then my first EDD bumped to 12/20-12/31 and I got super excited! Then it got pushed back to 1/4-2/1, and I was still excited. Then it got pushed back to 1/21-2/18. Today is 1/21. I am no longer excited, just dreading the next pushback, and wondering how far out it will go. :( Really do wish Tesla would err on the side of a later EDD than get our hopes up like that.

OK, this was a very fast turnaround: Came off from a two-day hold and a configuration/color change yesterday and received VIN this evening :oops:

VIN range is 156xxx and build is Jan 15. Neither AMD Ryzen nor 12V Lithium battery. I am in no rush but decided to stop with the hold/reject/wait cycle. I will take delivery on Feb 4.

M3LR MSM/Black 18" Aero
OD: Oct 23
Scheduled Delivery: Feb 4

OK, this was a very fast turnaround: Came off from a two-day hold and a configuration/color change yesterday and received VIN this evening :oops:

VIN range is 156xxx and build is Jan 15. Neither AMD Ryzen nor 12V Lithium battery. I am in no rush but decided to stop with the hold/reject/wait cycle. I will take delivery on Feb 4.

M3LR MSM/Black 18" Aero
OD: Oct 23
Scheduled Delivery: Feb 4
Did you get that information from your SA? (Battery build date etc) I can’t get mine to answer any emails smh.